New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Owner Needing Help - IGT Run For Your Money - Error Code 64  (Read 12759 times)

Offline bburger

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bburger New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New Owner Needing Help - IGT Run For Your Money - Error Code 64
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »
Hello, I hope this is the correct sub-forum to post into. If not, please let me know and I won't repeat the mistake.

My father purchased an IGT Run For Your Money machine as a Christmas gift for my mother. After he received it, I got it set up and working for a few spins only to receive no sound on the bonus game. A power cycle resulted in an Error Code 64. From what I've gathered browsing forums, this is indicative of a communication failure from the bottom board to the top board. Is this correct?

There are no lights illuminating in the top section of the machine and the power supply up there feels cold to the touch with no lights on the on/off switch (not sure if it actually lights when working) and no vibration or current type feel. The fan below the top light, however, is blowing without error and the top light itself has a a slow top/fast bottom flashing. I've researched the error online but haven't had much luck and I'm hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have done the following troubleshooting:
1. Checked the fuse in the top power supply. It was ceramic, so I couldn't tell if it was blown. Replaced it with a glass fuse with the same rating, it did not blow and there was no change in the situation.
2. Removed and reseated the pin connectors on the motherboard located behind the hopper.
3. Removed and reseated the sound card (labeled with volume stickers) located in the top cabinet (behind the light display.)
4. Tried to reset with the "jackpot" key and an open/close of the door each time I made a change.

I would say that I'm above average with electronics and I have a computer hardware/software background. I can follow directions if anyone has ideas. Any advice you can provide would be a huge help. I do not have a manual or schematic currently.

Attached is a picture of the machine in question, to avoid any confusion.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: New Owner Needing Help - IGT Run For Your Money - Error Code 64
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
The machine you have is an IGT S+ Barcrest (S2000 would have a blue display to the left under the reels). Have you tried removing the top glass and reseating the top box unit? They can come loose when the machine is moved. There are 2 white knobs that you loosen and then you can pull the whole assembly toward you. Firmly reseat it, and tighten the knobs back down afterwards.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
Thanks. Can a moderator move this post the correct sub?

I will give this a try.

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »
I have reseated the top box. The power supply is now lit and all lights work when using the test switch. Definitely a step in the right direction! The digital display on the top box reads r 1.1 after a power cycle and the error 64 is still present below the reels in the winner paid box. After a minute or so, the r 1.1 becomes C_01.

See the attached picture. This box mounted to the rear of the machine in the lower section has a flashing light on OS2.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:03:20 PM by bburger »

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 06:04:42 PM »
Removed and reseated all connections to the volume box and then replaced volume box. Error code 64 gone!
Still no sound from the top box during the bonus game. I'm assuming that it is bad? I've turned the volume knob both directions all the way. If this is the case, can anyone recommend a replacement part supplier or a repair method?

Thanks again for all the help.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
Is your coin tray speaker hooked up and good?

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »
Yes. I have audio output during normal operation. There is no sound during the bonus game. Thanks.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
It's been a while since I owned an S+ barcrest but if I remember correctly the normal sounds come from the tiny speaker mounted to the door and the bonus round sounds from the 4" speaker mounted to the back panel of the coin tray with seperate wiring for each. Just a thought...

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 10:00:31 PM »
Is it an MPU4 or MPU5. The sound in the MPU4 for the Top Box is located in the white game frame. If it is an MPU5 it is adjusted in the menu.

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »
The white game frame has a volume know on it. I will attempt to turn it again in the morning. Should that audio play from the speaker at the bottom of the machine?

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 09:59:52 AM »
If that doesn't work and you are sure that you are turning the little black knob in the white game frame I will tell you where in the menu you need to go to adjust the volume for the Top Box. We can also adjust the Attract mode in there. It really doesn't matter too much but what SP chip do you have in it? These adjustments are all on the same page.

Dale

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »
I have verified that I've turned the black knob fully in both directions and tested with no sound both directions. How do I determine what SP chip is in the machine? Thanks!

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
You can look at the chip or push the diagnostic button until you get an the number 37 ( game type) then the numbers 1166 ( probably game chip SP ) and another 4 digit number ( SS chip). With no credits push the diagnostic button you get a  2-0 or 2-1. I like 2-1, you can change that with the spin button, this is your reel spin sounds. Use your key until you get a 58-0 or 58- any number up to 5. 0 is no sound . if you are married make sure it is 58-1, lowest volume setting. This is your Bonus volume setting. For attract mode while we are here, use your key to get a 59-0 or 59-any number up to 10. Each number is a minute, for instance 59-5 is that attract mode will play every 5 minutes with no credits on the machine. Try this first, we can also adjust the volumes, lights and sounds in the attract mode later. That's a little tougher as I don't have any of these machines any more and am trying to do this from memory, but I can figure it out.

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »
Where is the diagnostic button located? Is this the feature button in the top cabinet?

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
No use the button either behind or in front of the on/off switch in the bottom cabinet.

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »
It appears to be set at 5.

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 12:47:50 PM »
Start like this, NO CREDITS, push diagnostic button until you get a 2-0 or 2-1. Then use the key to 58-X.

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »
Sorry. Wrong picture. See attached.

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »
Press the diagnostic buttons a couple of times and try playing your machine.

Offline bburger

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
Still no audio during the bonus game. Is there a way to test the lower speaker or another component that could cause the issue? Thanks.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal