New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Double diamond coin reject,not registering coin, having fun troubleshooting..  (Read 4109 times)

Offline mickee

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mickee New User has no influence.
  • NLG
First off, Hi!
I found these forums when casually browsing for parts and found enough great information on this site that i might actually be able to fix an old S+ double diamond machine. It broke 6 or 7 years ago and has just been collecting dust. great info here, wish i found it earlier.
so here's the meat and potatoes:

IGT S+ 4031C MFG 10/90 from Excalibur H&C
3 line 3 reel
Game prom SP541
REEL SS4618 game type 0 pay scale 126Z  payout 90.415 (uncommon? cant find much on it)
10MHz Processor board.
$0.25 denom

Everything was working fine for years with a little preventative maintenance here and there. it started rejecting coins so i tried adjustment of CC first. not knowing much else, i replaced the CC (with the appropriate 24v) no joy. so it went in the corner. Turned it on a few weeks ago and had the 12 tilt. No telling how long its been dead. Ordered battery/replaced cleared 12,61,61_1 (i think) now winner paid just displays a 1 and nothing else. not sure if that's actually the last thing paid or if its trying to tell me something.

Now it will accept and send coins to hopper but not register credits. {
insert coin lit, knife on comparator not jammed open, Lower candle flashing like crazy w/door closed(self tests of door optics flashes 1,0,1,0)}
pressed the tiny coin button on Optics board and it registered 1 credit at a time stopped at 3 credits,all which disappeared when door closed. i couldn't figure out how to test 10_1 but i could get 11_1 to change to 11_0 and 12_1 to change to 12_0 when i placed a stick in the optics with the comparator removed - However, if i drop a quarter through that slot i don't get a 0 reading - almost never - i did see it one or two times in the 100 or so quarter drops through there which actually made me try the stick method because i thought i was doing something wrong. I took it apart and cleaned the LED's and eye lenses,checked that the guide block was for a $0.25 - size still no luck other than with the stick.
Rudy was out of stock on 10 pin optics boards so i got the "cheapest" 35bucks plus shipping  :duh:  one i could find from slotmachineparts.com or something and now i'm just waiting on that to arrive.
other than that I'm kindof stumped on what else i can try, of course, if it fixes the issue ill post back and update this post as a record for any other searchers with similar problems. any guidance or additional tips are greatly appreciated, if this thing keeps messing with me i might just buy another S+ and make this the parts machine... :Tongue_Out:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
on the same board that you pressed the tiny white button to put credits on the machine, you will see a surface mounted transistor, marked either Q-2 or Q-4,  simply remove it and your optics will start working.

do not remove the optic itself.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline mickee

• NLG
i think i did see a surface mount "Q something" I'll try that right now, thanks!

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Welcome to NLG Mickee. Glad to have you aboard.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
OK wow you brought a lot of info. Let's start from the first. 12 error. New battery got the 61 code, held the white button 2-3 seconds 61-1 code. Then close the door latch it and turn the reset key one time. Machine should reset do a maiden spin and turn on the insert coin light. Now from that point on if it doesn't take coins listen to what Jim says because he knows more about ccs than me. Dumb question the sample coin is still in right? The lower light flashing on the candle shows the door has been opened while the machine was on and will not clear until the first paid credit is played. I believe the the credits on the coin optics have to be played with the door open. I've never done it but read about it from others. I don't think the machine will need to be parted out. Take your time, lots of help here. I'm sure you'll get it going.
Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline mickee

• NLG
Shag, thanks man, you got the jist of where i was going! its great to see people in a community ready to help so eagerly!  seriously its fleeting these days. its just very easy to get frustrated when you check things over and over and over with so many different sites and noone has the answer or wants to help. then it end up to be something so tiny and inconsequential...
Jim got it - Q4 removal nailed it. my 3yo daughter is downstairs right now gripping and ripping that handle for credits....
Jim is there any way i can get you to elaborate why Q4 removal helped,what does it do?  i don't have access to the schematics since i'm limited to the 203 page field service manual (yea, after paying for the PDF yesterday morning for an exorbitant sum, then finding the same thing for free last night it still didnt give me what i needed.. ) i was happy :Scratch-Head: [size=78%] [/size][/size]to troubleshoot down to board level by process of checkbook elimination. im going to still replace the optics encoder/emitter whatever.. when the new one shows up from fedex.  thanks so much.. again i wished i would have found these forums years earlier. 6 or so years elapsed from failure to fixed. 4 days of troubleshooting, and when i say 4 days i mean the last 4 days and simply a couple two-tree hours after work.. A+++ 5star review thanks so much guys that made this site.. i went though a ton of posts to get closer to where i ended up, but everything i needed was here... and thanks JIM ! Q4 sucks..

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
Glad you got it going man and again Welcome to NLG! Keep in touch.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Q-2 on some optics and Q-4 on others,  never got into what causes the problem, end result is Q-4 will turn on and put a ground on the first optic, that why when you tried the stick in the optic, it wouldn't change.  removing Q-4  removes that ground, and allows the optic to operate normally.

this will not change any features,  at max coin in the cc will be disabled, and by removing Q-4, you can now replace the cc with a non electronic acceptor.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal