New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E 2000 hopper over paying 1 coin?  (Read 5330 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Bally E 2000 hopper over paying 1 coin?
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »
I picked up a Bally 2000 series $1 progressive machine. I have it up & running, but the hopper over pays 1 coin most of the time? When I watch the wheel it stops & then one coin rolls over the counter to make it over pay. There is no coin deflector or anything seen that I'm use to with other hoppers. Is it missing something or is it an adjustment or something else? I don't have a manual & for some reason I can't get it to upload on the site? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E 2000 hopper over paying 1 coin?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:49:28 PM »
I would check the operation of the brake on the hopper motor. If its sluggish or slow, you can get an over payment. Usually just a drop of oil on the pivot points will have it working up to speed.  The other thing is to make sure the switch on the top of the hoppers adjusted too.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 04:20:27 PM »
Thanks, That was it. Now sometimes the first 2 reels stop at once leaving the 3rd spinning causing tilts? I'll start a new topic if I can't find in the reads. This piece has been stored for many years. Thanks again

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »
Sounds like the reels linkages are sticky.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline ramegoom

• Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »
Also, there is one extra long screw that holds the rubber agitator in place, and that screw has to protrude into a slot behind the disc. If it's out of place, the coin shelf will rotate loosely which can cause the overage.

If the screw is properly in the slot, the disc won't rotate once the brake is engaged. Check to see whether the coin shelf disc rotates when the machine is off.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:26 PM »
Thanks, That screw was majorly bent when I picked it up & was a pistol to get out. I replaced it & wheel stays in place. It was a weak spring on the brake. Also one of the reel coil out arms was a bit sticky when the first 2 reels would stop at the same time. Thanks All
The progressive was at zero when I picked this piece up & as I was getting it to working it started to move to 1 cent then to the other with both progressive at 1 cent. Then I turned the reset key & held the second hopper test button in & all went to zero & I let go & it went back to 1 cent on upper & lower & now it doesn't move or move arrow back & forth? I need to figure how to reset the progressive to whatever it suppose to start at like $1000? It's a $1 3 coin bars & red 7 progressive? Does anybody know how to do that or to get it back to zero to start up? All parts are there & it worked for a short while until I messed with it

Offline ramegoom

• Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 10:06:38 PM »
Look at:

http://www.ramegoom.com/john/E2000/To%20program%20progressive%20display.pdf

You need to pre-set a base value and an increment value. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:14:43 PM »
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »
Thanks for the info & instructions.
I have the progressive set up for $1000 top & bottom, but it won't progress no matter what percentage value I set it at or how much I play it??? It did progress to 1c on the upper & lower when I first got it running, but the lit arrows would only move once in a while. Now they move with each coin inserted & I'm assuming that's correct, but don't know? Does the jackpot program & the jackpot current values have to be the same, like $1000 for dollars for both or one higher then the other or? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again guys

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:40:12 PM »
I have mine set like this.. My max jackpots are set at all 9's on both jackpots, top & bottom. The I have my starting jackpot at the same payout as my largest payout on the feature glass. You can go higher if you want. Your arrows do move with teach coin inserted. If you want your progressive to move faster then you need to set your percentages at 16%. Mine advances I think .05c for every .50c played. Have you checked your ribbon connections on the back of the progressive board to your IO?

Gary
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 08:17:15 AM »
I checked the ribbon & there are repairs shown in pic here. It's very stiff, so I'm not sure I'm going to attempt to repair it. I sure would like it to progress, as I have a lot of work etc. getting it restored & running well. Do you happen to have a spare ribbon or know who may have one? Both ends are male as shown & 16 pin
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
That could be a problem... How long is that cable?
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 10:58:38 AM »
Thanks Gary,
Ribbon is 36"
I checked the CAP on the progressive board along with the resistors & all were good & all solder spots look good. I also checked the ribbon & all circuits had connection, but some on & off when the ribbon would bend while testing/ribbon is very hard in places where the bends are to go in machine
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
That's a long cable.. I have some but I don't think they are that long. You could try contacting Larry Weber at  K-Lar in Vegas. I think I remember hearing they might custom make cables? Plug I thought I saw some in Ebay.. K-Las number is 702-363-9998.. I will take a look here too..
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »
I could actually do with a 24" if you happen to have one? I would just need to unplug one end if the top panel was to come all the way down & no problem

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
On EBay under Bally ribbon cable, I saw that Foxsslots has some. You could contact him to see if he has one in your length..  Price started at $9.99..
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 08:01:20 PM »
How is your repair going? Did you ever get your ribbon cable and the progressive unit working??
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 06:19:27 AM »
I put the brand new ribbon cable in with no changes. Maybe it has to be programmed in a different menu? I don't have a manual & it fails downloading here towards the end every time for some reason? I'm going to start a new topic with pics of all the boards here soon in hopes of getting it to progress. The machine works & looks great otherwise with the exception that the reel strips could use replacing. You'd think if it can be programmed that it would progress? Like I said when I first got it working the progressives were all at zero & they did progressed to 1c top & bottom with play. The difference before programming is that the arrows only moved twice after a lot of play with the 1c increase with each move? Once programmed the arrows now move with each coin inserted as they should I'm assuming. Then when I learned how to program the progressive it now won't progress? The top & bottom numbers are all at 9 & both progressives set at $1000. Percentage I've tried all of them & then it's set to dollars like the machine? I'm must be missing a step or something or there is a problem that makes it not work? They did progress to 1c before setting though, which has me bewildered :Scratch-Head:
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »
Look at this progressive programming sheet to see if this is how you did yours..

To program progressive display:
Remove upper glass. Two buttons are found on lower section of front panel.
Hold LEFT and RIGHT buttons in, press the hopper TEST button 8 times. Continue to hold those buttons for a few seconds.
Upper Jackpot program mode starts here.
Display: xx2801
Where digit 1 is on the far right of the display
Note: Audit keyswitch is on right side of cabinet. You can press the microswitch inside to activate.
Press RIGHT button to select thru from xx2801 to xx2809. Press LEFT button to increment each digit. This is to program the upper jackpot display.
Hit Audit keyswitch
Displays xx2901. This is for programming the lower jackpot display. Repeat as above. Hit Audit keyswitch
This shows upper jackpot current values xx3001
Hit Audit keyswitch
This shows lower jackpot current values ...3101
Hit Audit keyswitch
This sets percent values from 1% to 16% of the coin value, i.e. 16% of 0.25c = 0.04c Hit Audit keyswitch
This sets coin value from 0.01c to $5.00
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 12:17:48 PM »
That's how I did it. I set the top & bottom at $9000 this time with 2801 & 2901 (also had them all 9s before) & the display that shows in play at $1000 top & bottom with 3001 & 3002, set the % at 16% this time & have tried all & have it set to a $1 denomination for it's a $1 machine. I turn the machine off & back on to set & they both display $1000, but won't progress no matter how much play I put in?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal