New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: need help with my 5000 plus  (Read 19269 times)

Offline athomegambler

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • athomegambler New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: need help with my 5000 plus
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 10:01:13 AM »
Hi  a little update on what i have been doing,,, ok may have made things worse not sure???? i have the bally keypad to be able to do some testing but i need to get the machine into a clear state to do that,,,   so i have again been doing checks of wires ,,, voltages,,, boards etc,,, i removed the reels by unpluging them and then removed the complete assy then check the reel boad,,, looked fine...     then put it back,,i pulled out both one and a time the mpu and the in and out boards and after doing that i again got on the led meters and grouping of numbers   something like  1798 and 3489 the same numbers that are shown on the photos in my early posts,,, whatever i did got rid of the 82 and back to what it was at the start.... only thing is when i was getting the 82 code,,, the quarters would not drop into hopper they just passed thru and now the quarter are going into the hopper ,,, also and maybe one of you can explain this to me,,,, now when i turn the machine on the two red led on the mpu board are flashing ,,, is this what they are supposed to be doing????  before when i started up the machine when i had the 82 code they would come on for a second or two then go off,,,,,the other thing i did after reading in the manual was to turn off the machine then pull out the in and out board just enough to remove it from the main board and leave the ribbon cables connected turn on the machine then turn it back off and reseat the board and turn it back on again,,,,,  is this what made everything return to where it was,,, like i said seems like some things got better but i am just not sure,,,,,  have not been able to fine in the manual for sure about the red  led flashing so please tell me if that is good i need to get it to clear so i can use the keypad    please help     any ideas on what to do next      thanks
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:09:52 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
read this post!  the people who responded to that post are the  people who could help get your machine going. the only thing we ever used the keypad for was to enable the credit mode, and set the  jackpot limits. after clearing  it , the machine goes back to a default setting, which doesn't include credit options.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4673.0

Jim
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:20:05 PM by Jim »

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »
thanks jim      that post is very close to what i have on my machine,,,, first part about the battery being low or discharged sounds right,,, the guy i got it from had it unpluged for a long time in the garage,,, (he said he did replace the battery and the other day i pulled the mpu board out after having it on for a little over a hour and we did get little over 3 volts from it)  ,,, i also have it in my garage and i am not keeping it plugged in and on all the time and with temps here below 32 at night i am sure i am having battery issues,,,right now i have in plugged in and charging up,,,  i know today when i first plugged it in the quarters would not go into the hopper but after it started to warm up and i messed with the boards and reseating the quarters again went into the hopper ok,, so again all this about the battery and the temp warming up must be part of the problem...      Now  reading the rest of the post and looking at the photos his after doing the first part of trying to clear the ram,, he got what looked like PPPP on the leds , on mine they look like all 8888 but again could be part of battery problem and cold weather...    so could you explain a little more in detail on how to do the two other types of clearing the ram,,,,   the jumper  and the moving of the jumper on the mpu board     I would like to try those to  see if i can get it to clear my ram.... thanks for all the help

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »
I cannot help you with this problem, I was trying to put you in touch with the people who really know these machines. The people are listed in that post reply.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 01:45:53 PM »
Hi  ok  i understand  and thanks again,,, it does help and i have been reading more in the manual about the clearing of the ram,,,,

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »
Hi   well  have been out in the garage trying some more things today,,,,   i rec a set of clear chips for the 5000plus so pulled the mpu board and from reading the manual saw what to do to remove the piggy back boards and replaced the U12 and U15 chips put everything back in and was hopefull that this would do something,,, like clear the board but did not seem to do anything,,,,   their must be something else going on???? any ideas,,,, the battery voltage was up over 4 volts the readout on the leds were showing the same numbers as before changing the chips...  I tried reseating the in and out and the mpu boards a couple of times and still did not change anything...  help!!! :Scratch-Head: 

Offline metex

• Reputation Power: 2
  • metex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 10:36:12 PM »

BALLY GAMING

TILT CODES

20   Coin in jam
21   Inappropriate Coin
22   Invalid coin
23   Coin not sensed
24   Coin Reverse
30   Hopper overpay
31   Hopper coin-out Jam
32   Hopper empty
33   Reset during payout
40-45 Reel error
50 Slot door open
54 Drop door open
60 Reset during bill change
70 Door open during reel spin
71-75 Reel movement improper
80   Rom checksum error
81   Low Battery
82   Door open during power down
83   Safe Ram error
83f Safe Ram format error
84   Ram error
90   Display error
91   Communication error

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 08:34:23 AM »
hi   thanks to everyone for the help,,, i do have the error codes,, my problem is now  not being able to clear the machine so i can do the tests,,, i have the keypad and manuals ,,,, i have another question,,,, the clear chips that i tried,,,, i put the piggy back chip packs back on the mpu board before i put back into the mach to try to clear and it did not work,,, was i suppose to leave that off to clear the board,,,, also i found another mpu board for sale,,, should i buy it,,, not to much money but not sure it is in working condition either,,,,just can not understand why i am not able to get the slot to clear,,,,,, i kept the mpu board inside last night and just tested the batter and it is at 3.86 volts so going to take it out and try again to see if i can get it to clear the ram,,,,,   again any ideas     thanks

Offline metex

• Reputation Power: 2
  • metex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
Try this to clear completely the ram,take off the battery by desoldering it,wait about 30 sec then resolder it and start your machine, if everything is ok, you won't see any tilt code except door open.this method is the hard way to clear the ram.let me know the result

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 12:58:45 PM »
Hi  ok  but have a question first...   i still have the clear chips in the mpu board,,,, should i put the reg program chips back in first.... thanks

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 01:43:03 PM »
Hi   well we are getting some life out of it now!!!!   Here is what i did and in order what came up on the led display panel.....first i put the U12 and U15 prog chips back in and reinstalled the mpu board,,,, turn on switch and all three of the reels started turning slow,,,  also in the     win    a   5.2   in left corner  then   in right corner  a  4.6    these were  coming on and off in that order ,,,  also had in the   last in at bottom  a       F     ,,,,, then  i pushed in the door open switch at the bottom of the machine  and a   JP  came on   in the  paid   and   the  5.2 was replaced   with  JP  which alternated on and   off   with  the 4.6 to the far left and the  JP to the far right   up in the   WIN  ........then i reached into the machine and pushed in the switch mounted inside where the key reset would be and the three  reels  stopped    and   now have    OO in the   WIN      EE   in the paid       nothing in   credit     and  have a   6  in last in at the bottom   and   1     in  the   coin  at the bottom......... :applause:       please  explain      I left the slot machine  turned on with this showing on the leds and shut the door,,,  no change with anything,,,,,,  I tried a couple of quarter but they just fell thru to the bottom tray.......i really did not expect them to count but wanted to see so i could give you all the info i could.....we are getting life out of it now,,,,    great....... what is the next step now,,,, are we ready to plug in the keypad for test or ?????

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 02:08:49 PM »
Hi  just went back out to check to see if anything had changed on the disply,,,   all the same  so  i started pushing in the buttons on the play panel with the door closed,,, nothing happed untill i got to the button    press  for service         when i pushed it in   the three reels again started spinning slow just as they did before,,, 4.6   and   JP  in the  win came on again    JP came on again  in the   paid    and     F   again   shows   up   down at bottom in    LAST  IN      ,,,,   I   again open the lower door and pushed the reset switch as i did the first time  and everything went back to     OO   in the    WIN       EE   in   PAID       and  at bottom  back to   6   IN LAST IN    AND    1   IN COIN IN     so  just wanted to update   again  what is next    thanks :thank_you:

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »
Hi  another up today has been very good day,,,,went back out and ran several resets watching what happens each time,,,, also after each reset i pushed the press for severice button  again watching it,,, it goes thru a number of tests with numbers in the win leds starting with 1000 and continues up thru 2700 then goes to 00 in the win  EE  in paid  blank nothing in the credits  and  it had last in 6   and coin in 1....        did this like i said a number of times then,,, i turned off the power switch and waited about a minute and turn back on,,,, and got to a point where i just had 00 in the win  and  a  0 also in the paid     credits  blank and at that point i pressed the pseudo  coin button with the door open on the dist board,,,,,got 2 on the coin in at the bottom and shut the doors hit the spin button   and  we got the reels to spin full speed,,,,i did this several times  and then i hit a pay combination and got a   4 up in the wins,,,,     ok very happy  got all this working today,,,,  now for the bad,,,, now i have a code  32 up in the win at the left corner and the  4 in the right corner,,,,  i checked  and i know that is   32 for pay-out mty( i dont have anything in the hopper and not even sure if it will work) and the  4 is for a  4 quarter win pay,,,,     it shows  0 in the paid    still  blank  nothing in the credits   and down at the bottom  in last in shows   2   and   coin in shows  2   for the two times i pressed   the pseudo coin button,,,,       now how do i clear the  32 mty pay out error code,,,,,,, i hope there is a way to clear this out,,, anybody can help me on this,,,,    dont want to have to pull the mpu boards again and change the chips if i dont have too     thanks :duh:

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
HI another update ,,,went out to garage (very cold ) wanted to see in the cold and overnight if it would still hold its memory and work as it did before,   had the same code  flashing back and forth between  32  and 4,,,  tried to do a couple of resets by pushing the reset button and turning on and off power but could not clear the code,,      then i tried turning off power and pulled out the in and out board( leaving the ribbon cables connected and turned on the power,,,, now this is working fine to do a soft clear( that would not work before) but it did a   CH   then after a couple of seconds went to CL  put the board back and turned the power back on and the machine went thru the reg series of numbers then the code changed to 31  , checked the code and it now was a coin payout jam,    i tried it again and got the same code,   then i thought maybe if i put the hopper back in( still dont know for sure if the hopper will work)  plugged the cable from the hopper back into the board and turned the slot on and it cleared the coin jam after i pushed the the switch that goes to the keyreset...... i then opened and closed the lower door several times,,, now we also have the correct code coming up for the door when the lock key is turned and when the door is in the open position and WIN went to O and paid went to O  and  credits  show  nothing   bank and the lower showed  6 for coins played and coins in now was O,           I was very happy and went to try the quarters into the mach to see if it would play ,,,,       put two quarters in and they both showed up on the coins in,,,,,   hit the play button and  it worked,,,,  all three reels spinning and stopped as it should.....I stopped there not wanting to get into a win again,,,    now need to go thru the hopper and make sure it will work........    I posted all this to help anyone else that may run into the same problems with the bally 5000plus.....         i still have a lot of things to do,,,, want to get handle to work and dont have lights on the buttons working but i am very happy    thanks again for all the help you have given me to get this far :thank_you:

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
Hi  another update,,,   I worked on the hopper today and filled it with about 300 quarters to try it,,,, it seems to be working fine,, counts out the correct number of win/paid,,, put about 200 pays thru the machine for testing,,,  see photos of a 40 win payout ,,,,  now need to work on the other items not working,,,, will be trying to get the button lights to work,,, question do they have bulbs in them and are they replacements special ,, if so does anyone know the correct number and where to get them,,,   also need to fine out why getting no sound at all, i know there is a sound board but still have to do reading to fine out more about it,,, also i know the bell up is not connect as i can see the wires ,,, also how do i remove the top glass to be able to get at the very top area     thanks :dancing_2:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »
Buttons - The socket and the bulb are removed for replacement from inside the door. Look at the buttons from the inside/underside, and you will see where the switches attach. Wiggle the button "butt" (lol) back and forth, left to right and they will pop out. You know you've done it right when your knuckles are bleeding!  :rotfl:

Bulb Replacement - Easiest way to find replacement part spec is to see what is in it now, and replace with exact (or something to it). Too hot of a bulb will melt the exterior lens.

Volume - Make sure sound is adjusted in menu. You can perform a sound test (if you can find one in the manual if still no sound to help troubleshoot.

Top Glass - Lift/Push up on glass towards top of cabinet to unseat it from the bottom retaining bracket, then gently lower it down and out of cabinet.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »
Hi  thanks for the info,,,  got the glass out,,, i had something loose with the top light,,, the long tube light works but sometimes it goes out the have to move it around to get it working agian,,, i will work on getting the bulbs and sockets out to see what kind of light (type size they take today)  i worked wit the volume and i did get the sound to work with the toggle switch on the back board if i switch it to simple sound,,,, but so far have not been able to get the sound to work the other way,,,,   is their any way to get , or hook up some additional speakers or add a small  amp to make sound better  ?????   thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 11:31:31 AM »
That 82 could be a low battery.

If it is a 3 legged type of rechargeable battery leave the machine on for a while and see if it charges back up. With power off, after charging, the battery should read higher than 3 volts DC.

If it is a lithium battery, not chargeable, check for a voltage of at least 3.4 volts DC. There is also a mod to the MPU board that needs to be made for the lithium battery to work properly.

Some diodes need to be added and some traces need to be cut.

If it reads lower you will need to replace it and do a clear.

There is a small adjustment on the black power supply to set the 5 volts to 5.16 volts. If the power supply won't adjust then you may need your power supply worked on.

You should be able to reach this adjustment without removing the power supply via a hole on top or on the side.

If you can't get the proper 5 volt setting you may need to send the power supply in for repair. Call Larry at 702-363-9998, he is a pro on the Bally 5000.

Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »
Hi  thanks for all the info and replys,,,, but i am way past that now,,, got it to reset and got it working now,,,,working on some of the small problems and some lights not working but thanks to all you guys and help i now have a working 5000plus machine,,,,

Offline kboldin

• Reputation Power: 0
  • kboldin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2021, 11:57:15 PM »
Hi   well we are getting some life out of it now!!!!   Here is what i did and in order what came up on the led display panel.....first i put the U12 and U15 prog chips back in and reinstalled the mpu board,,,, turn on switch and all three of the reels started turning slow,,,  also in the     win    a   5.2   in left corner  then   in right corner  a  4.6    these were  coming on and off in that order ,,,  also had in the   last in at bottom  a       F     ,,,,, then  i pushed in the door open switch at the bottom of the machine  and a   JP  came on   in the  paid   and   the  5.2 was replaced   with  JP  which alternated on and   off   with  the 4.6 to the far left and the  JP to the far right   up in the   WIN  ........then i reached into the machine and pushed in the switch mounted inside where the key reset would be and the three  reels  stopped    and   now have    OO in the   WIN      EE   in the paid       nothing in   credit     and  have a   6  in last in at the bottom   and   1     in  the   coin  at the bottom......... :applause:       please  explain      I left the slot machine  turned on with this showing on the leds and shut the door,,,  no change with anything,,,,,,  I tried a couple of quarter but they just fell thru to the bottom tray.......i really did not expect them to count but wanted to see so i could give you all the info i could.....we are getting life out of it now,,,,    great....... what is the next step now,,,, are we ready to plug in the keypad for test or ?????
  I'm having very similar issues with resetting the safe ram (83), I bought the clear chips installed them and got nothing at the display. I then re-installed the original chips and same error code 83 at the display? Was I suppose to leave off the piggyback board?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal