New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: e2000 Bally slot will not play or cash out credits  (Read 16264 times)

Offline fixinstuff

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • fixinstuff New User has no influence.
  • NLG
e2000 Bally slot will not play or cash out credits
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:16:36 AM »
This 3 line, 5-reel slot pays all wins in credits. The pays are correct and the display accumulates correctly. When there are credits the 3 buttons on the front are lit. The collect button is steady, the "play 1 or more credits" and "play max credits" blink and the insert coin light is on. But you can't play the credits and you can't collect. You have to put coins in to play even when you have credits. The three buttons stay lit until you insert 3 coins. Then the 3 lights go off.  I'm wondering about the DIP switch on the MPU. Anyone have an idea how the switch should be set for credit play? Thanks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:49:06 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: e2000 Bally slot will not play or cash out credits
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 10:33:22 AM »
Does your machine have just the jackpot reset on the right side of the cabinet? I'm thinking there has to be a way to turn the credit function off and on? Have you looked inside your top feature unit? I see the 10 on the meter as to play credits won.. Have you checked to make sure your buttons are working correct? I would used a Meter on then to make sure the work..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
Hello again, amechanic. You helped me on my non-indexing problem on this slot also (another post). This slot has two key switches on the handle side. One on the top box and one down by the handle. Neither do anything for credit play. I have checked the button switches and they all 3 are ok. I'm hoping someone will see this post and have a similiar "credit play" slot and can give me some info on that dip switch on the MPU.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:23:11 AM »
I'm thinking it has something to do with your top box key.. Bally had a Continental EM that had a white button on the side, and it was used to turn off and on of the credit feature. I'm thinking you might have to do both switches at the same time? It could be in the accounting section where your able to access book keeping using the lower key. If you have the E-Series manual it would be test 6 or 7?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
The MPU does not have a battery. I've been told it isn't needed, but I'm going to put in a battery and see if it makes any difference.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 12:04:27 PM »
The battery is used to retain memory, but I don't think is will affect the credit function?
And remember...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
I have one of these models and the battery is needed to make it work properly. Mine was doing some odd errors and after a battery change it is working well. Not sure if that will fix your issue but I would give it a try. Also you may want to be sure the switch wiring is good up to the boards. You could have a bad molex connection on the door.

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »
Sunrise. Thanks for the info.  I'll try the battery. It won't hurt...except the cost for the battery. And I will check the wiring all the way to the boards. I know the MPU isn't easy to get to, but sometime. when you have time, can you tell me how the dip switch is set on your MPU?  It's probably just wishful  thinking, but I'm hoping the addition of the credit feature means that the MPU  needs that dip switch set for it.

amechanic, I can run tests 6 and 7,  but without the battery, all I get is zero values for the 4 meters (meters #17,18,19, and 20). No info about the credit feature.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 07:16:07 AM »
I will have the dip switch settings for you soon.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 08:00:56 PM »
All DIP switches are "ON",  , EXCEPT # 2 is turned OFF

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »
If your I/O is not fully functional this could be part of the problem as the switches are input to the I/O board.

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 11:32:32 PM »
Sunrise. Thanks for the quick reply on the dip settings. But...unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. I'm using a board that ramegoom loaned me. And I think it is a 100% functional board. Everything on my slot works with his I/O board...EXCEPT...all wins are paid with credits and I can't play credits or cash out credits. It might just be time to send all boards to dhellis and get them checked out. The original problem with my slot was that the reels would not index. But using the loaner I/O board the reels index good and all tests work. I did put in a new battery on the MPU, but that didn't help either. The wiring is good from the 3 buttons to the I/O board. Something just isn't getting a signal to use the credits to play or cash out. But I'm still open to suggestions to try before sending the boards. BTW, sunrise, does your I/O board have the 2 piggy-back small boards on J5 and J6? 

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 11:38:22 PM »
I will take a look tomorrow. Also there is another board in behind the top glass on mine that is part of the credit feature. May want to send that along with the others.

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 12:15:16 AM »
sunrise. Right. I know dhellis has that test station for checking out boards, but I don't know if the station will check out boards for the "credit feature". But I bet he has had experience with the credit feature machines. dhellis hasn't replied to this thread yet, but he gave me lots of help on my other thread about this machine. Good help from everybody! Swaping parts with ramegoom was really helpful and isolated the non-indexing reels to my I/O board. But ramegoom didn't have a slot with the credit feature. And...I have to return his I/O board when I get mine fixed! Thanks, talk to ya later.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »
Yes I'm not sure if the tester can check the credit boards but Dan maybe able to check the components on the credit board. Have you reseated the chips  on the credit board?

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 09:44:55 AM »
nope. i forgot about that board. I'll check the chips today. But it looks like that board is just a display driver board. I don't know if it has anything to do with actually playing or cashing out of the credits. And the display works OK. Thanks

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »
I'm not sure but being this credit feature was a add on maybe that board is the add on to make this feature work. ?

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
sunrise. Good point. The display credit board does have a PROM on it. So I'll send that board to dhellis too. Thanks

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 12:14:40 AM »
Boards are on the way to dhellis. I'll come back and post when I get the boards back. In the mean time I've been cleaning this slot up and putting in bulbs, fixing door locks, coin reject button and in general trying to get into how it works some more. Which brings me to another problem with this slot. As I've said before this was pretty messed up slot when I got it. But it's getting close now. Today I noticed that each of the five index wheels has 25 stops, but the reel strips have 24 symbols (12 symbols and 12 blanks). How does that work? I've always noticed that the symbols don't line up with the pay lines. (It's 5 reels, 3 paylines, symbols can be anywhere on a line, and the smallest combination is "any 3 symbols"). For example 3 bars pays 10 credits and they can be on any reel as long as the 3 bars are on the same payline. The way the symbols are spaced around the wheel (24 stops on the strips and 25 stops on the index wheels) it makes the payouts pretty confusing. When I get the boards back from dhellis, I will do some more testing with test #5. I think I'm going to need some new strips! And of course the current strips are very nice...I'm thinking someone along the way put the wrong strips on. The symbols are correct to the payout glass. (star, 7, watermelon, 8-ball, and bar).  I'll start a new thread...after I get the boards back and get the slot running again...about how order and replace the reel strips...unless someone wants to talk about it now? Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 02:40:38 AM »
Ok... Here is something you can do now. If you carefully peel back the reel strip ends, you should find the numbers and date of each strip. Write that down for each strip and send that information to dehills.. He can take that imformation and see if those strip go with your games chips. He helped me fix a machine last year that had a payout problem on the third reel only.
Did you get your new ribbon cable for the progressive unit?

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal