New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: e2000 Bally slot will not play or cash out credits  (Read 16263 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: e2000 Bally slot will not play or cash out credits
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2015, 04:32:15 PM »
My machine is down the road and i will take a look at it tomorrow. It is a 3 reel 5 coin single line. Dan did say there is two types of I/O's.

Tim,
If you could look at your 5 reel machine to see how its setup or it has for the IO. FIxinstuff's machine is a 5 reel. The Jumper setting and different IO boards, are used in the larger machines. I had asked dhellis a while back about the jumpers. He emailed me back with the details, but I deleted the email before I got it printed..  :banghead:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2015, 05:13:01 PM »

A difference I see between the Proten photo named 039 in reply #38 compared to the same area on Amechanic's bottom photo in reply #33 is in the R77 area. In Proten's photo R77 has an added capacitor soldered to it in parallel. Probably not a significant difference but I don't have a schematic drawing. R77 is located a little above the jumper S4.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2015, 07:11:18 PM »
I forgot my phone for pics, but my credit E2000  I/O has two buffer boards mounted on it. One on the lower left and a smaller one on the lower right. They have ribbon cables attached. My machine also has three non working  progressive displays. so its a different configuration. Fixinstuff please post pics of your I/O board and your credit display driver board.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:43 PM »
This is my other machine it's a 5 reel E2000 . It does not have credits. Here's the i/o jumpers. Interesting this has a E1000 i/o sticker.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 08:06:36 PM »
Sunrise,

In your first photo showing the S3 jumper I can't figure out where the other S3 solder pad is?? In other earlier photos I thought it was hidden from view by capacitor C36 by the angle of the camera but in your photo it is clear that S3 pad is not where I thought it would be. Is one of the S3 pads underneath the inductor coil L1 (looks like a solder pad or something under there)?  If so, possible the S3 jumper can be installed on back of board?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 08:28:47 PM »
According to the manual S1, S3, S5 are not used. S2 is connected to leg 5 and S4 is connected to leg 2 on chip  U5. No info as to what they do.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »
Looks like U5 is a custom programmed prom.

Offline fixinstuff

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • fixinstuff New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 09:44:24 PM »
OK. Here's where we're at. Thanks to all for the good pics. We are all OK on the jumpers. We all have the same jumpers. BTW S3 is connected by a trace on the back (see my earlier post). Now, remember. I have the loaner IO board from eramegoom. While comparing the two boards (loaner vs my repaired board) I noticed U15 didn't test the same. I'm only testing ohms between pairs of legs...don't know how good a test that is, but...anyway I swapped U15 between the boards and wow, my repaired board now works 100%. I put my old U15 back in and the display lights up with some junk stuff, but doesn't work correctly. So I'm thinking that U15 is corrupted. I'll put the good U15 back on the loaner board and make sure it works as it did before. I'll post the results shortly after I do the swap back...I just wanted all to know where I am so far. John

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 10:28:23 PM »
Nice work John..  :applause:  I'm sure if you contact Dan (dhellis) that he can help you replace that U15 prom.. I see it has a Bally number on it, so he should be able to get you a replacement. He has a lot of those older chips on file. If not I'm sure we can find one some where. Once again nice job done..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2015, 10:50:12 PM »
Thanks for the kudos, amechanic. But a lot of credit goes to all of you that posted and stuck with helping me. To bring everyone up to date now. When I put the loaner board back in the machine it acted the same as before...the game played right and credit display showed credits but no way to play or cash out credits. SO, the loaner board in the same condition as when I got it...good! I can send it back to eramegoom now. Before I put my board back in I noticed that there's 2 of the chips with the same numbers...wonder what would happen if I just swapped the two chips? Well, I swapped them...put the IO board back in and...WOW again. Now the slot is working 100% with my IO board. I really don't like it when a problem is fixed and I don't know why. Maybe the chips needed to be reset. The legs looked good and the sockets were good.  But I'm happy with it now and will leave it alone and play it for awhile. I'm really gun-shy now though. I'm afraid it will quit working. My fingers are sore from pushing the test switch. And I've bent so many pins on the ribbon cables that they scare me to death too!!! But I feel good tonight...thanks to all of you. A donation to the site is on the way. I guess this topic can be closed out now? Except if any of you that have the credit feature know how to switch to coin payout instead of credit payout, I'd like to know how too. So as Brenda Lee's mom says to her in one of her songs "come in now, that's enough for tonight". John

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2015, 11:11:13 PM »
Sunrise. The display board is up at post 28. And this is the IO board. I think it is probably the same as yours: It has the two piggy-back boards same as yours. My machine was probably hooked up to some progressive system at one time, but there is no indication on any of the glass. It does have a little board down by the hopper (on the right side of the case) that looks like maybe a Wi-Fi sender or something. I think it is no longer needed or working. Does your credit machine have a way to payout in coins instead of credits? John

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:46 AM »
Fixinstuff, no mine  currently works like yours. You could try changing one DIP switch setting at a time and see if one of those switches are for that option as the DIP does make changes to the machines options. May want to clear the credits first before changing the DIP switch. Good stuff here on your repair. Not to many of these around that I am aware of.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »
fixinstuff,

On the piggy-back board in lower left of your photo there are several jumpers arranged in 4 different groups. In the photo it looks like 4 of them are cut or removed. Do these select operating options on the machine and is your jumper configuration in this area the same as other users machines?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:07:39 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »
rokgpsman, good point. it does look like some of the jumpers have been cut. And it is called the "slot I.D." board. But if that is what has to be done to make it pay off in coins, I'll just leave it as it is now. Sunrise said his credit machine plays the same as mine. I was hoping that maybe the player had a choice of how he would like to be paid. Some people like to hear the coins kick out. Players can still "cash out" after each win if they want. I had an IGT one time and the player could push the cash out button when there was no credits showing and the cash button acted like a toggle switch.   But probably since this is one of Bally's early "credit feature" machines, there probably isn't any way for the player to change it. Thanks again for noticing those jumpers on the ID board. Without info from Bally, we'll probably never know what the different jumper configurations do. John

Offline fixinstuff

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »
OK. This topic can be closed out now. Thanks to all. I swapped the two ICs back to original positions and the machine still works as designed. So I'm guessing that the problem of the credit display not working was that at least one of the two chips wasn't making good contact with it's socket and by taking them out of the sockets and cleaning the "legs" and re-inserting the IC's fixed the problem. Someone on the forum suggested reseating all the IC's and I did on the MPU, but didn't do all the ICs on the IO. So...to wrap up: this is what was done to get this machine back in working condition:
1. Clean up all interior
2. Tape up all wires chewed on by mice (I guess?)
3. Replace ends of ribbon cable that had broken pins Also replaced original green ribbon cable sockets with IC sockets giving better contact with new "short pin" connectors.
4. Replace power supply connector
5. Repair broken molex connector in reel basket connection
6. Replace all fuse holders
7. Replace star agitator in hopper
8. Replace several lamps and bulbs
9. Install top candle light
10. Repaired front door lock so door closes easily
11. Met, worked with and borrowed IO board from ramegoom to isolate non-indexing reels to the IO board                           (LUCKY FOR ME...THANKS RAMEGOOM)
12. Sent IO board to dhellis who replaced C38 cap, U12 and U8 (this fixed the non-indexing reel problem) other boards checked OK
12. Cleaned and re-seated U15 and U10 (this fixed the non-credit display problem)
13. Adjusted the reel strips on the reels so the symbols line-up with the paylines.
14. Adjust coin mechanism for size of coins/tokens
15. Tightened arm and kick switch connections
16. Replaced the MPU battery
17. Lubed
18. And last but not least, got on this forum and and got lots of help from lots of people. Listen to them, they have lots of experience
WHEW!! Hope all this  helps someone else also.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2015, 07:55:32 PM »
 :agreepost: :NLG_WELCOME: :wav: :congrats:
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal