New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Progressive Help with Bally E2000  (Read 13473 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Progressive Help with Bally E2000
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »
I have this dual progressive bally machine that is working & running perfect. I picked it up not running with both progressives at zero. The guy that I got it from had just changed the board battery. When I finally got it to play both progressives moved to 1c with the arrow staying at each progressive for a very long time until moving to 1c & then the arrow moved to the second progressive eventually moving to 1c. Right at that time I learned how to set the progressive here on NLG. Now setup the arrows move with each coin in like they should, but the progressive never progresses. I replaced the ribbon cable with a new one & still the same. I have them set at $9000 & then starting progressives set at $1000 each. I have it set at 16% & then set at $1 as the machine is $1. I turn the machine off & on to set & both come up at $1000, but they never move. I've tried all numbers at 9s & both starting at $1000  & several other ways & nothing still/ When I press the hopper button to get to 8 to set it, is it possible 1 thru 7 before progressive setup is a way to turn on the progressive or is it a board issue. All of the boards & traces look good & the progressives makes a very light ticking noise like a clock. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Progressive Help with Bally E2000
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 01:51:11 PM »
Your bottom pic is a sound board. Just so it's not confused with the progressive parts.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
I copied this from a post  from NLG member MarkInAZ

see what the problem is.  The Current Lower Amount is the exact same thing you have for the Jackpot Maximum.

Go back into the programming, make 3101 a lower number and/or 2801 larger.

Here is what the meters mean.

27   00110  = Coin denomination & % contribution. Yours is set to penny @ 10%
28  005000 = Jackpot Max $5,000
29  000020 = Jackpot reset amount $20
30  000020 = Current upper display $20
31  005000 = Current lower display $5,000

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:36 PM »
Check this thread out on the old site.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6260.25 

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:56:19 PM »
I must be missing something setting it up? I've tried many ways with 2801 & 2901 always set higher then 3001 & 3101
2801 - 15000
2901 - 15000
3001 - 1000
3101 - 1000
16%
$1

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »
I did a battery disconnect to clear the meters & programmed progressives & still no movement?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:44:55 PM by danatlvc »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »
Try settings
2801= 15,000
2901= 1,000
3001= 1,000
3101= 7,000

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
The chips to pull out to do a clear, are part number 5101's. I copied this from old site -

I figured it may have been a memory glitch, so I pulled out the 5101's [/size]for a few minutes and put them back in.Powered up the game and the display blanked itself out.  It's working again.So if your 7 seg mechanical display is being weird, try clearing the memorybefore you put parts toward it, worked for me.Now I'm back to where I was at step one, error  803101 (see top of post)  Wellthe last time I got it going, I was messing with different test modes & the keyswitches on the side.  It got me into some kind of programing mode where ifI pushed one of the two red switches on the feature panel/progressive display, it wouldchange the upper or lower display values.  Once I did this, the slot worked normally.So I'm guessing that the 803101 error was maybe telling me I had to setthe jackpot/progressive payout before the slot would be operational.  I really didn't know what I was doing or what I programed the progressive for,but it works fine.  For every 4 coins I put in, the lower display increments one cent, and for every x coins the upper display increments one cent. (still gotta figure that out)[/color]

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »
The programming copied from old site -

I've been there...     My E-2344 has a progressive too.  Sorry for not seeing this and posting sooner.  I never did find this info documented anywhere.  So here is what took me months to dig up by word of mouth.  The 802801 in the LED display indicates the Progressive Max value for programming.  If the machine is coming up in this state (never happen to me) I'd assume the same - it wants you to set it.  To manually enter the progressive programming try this:  1- Unlock & open the machine door & remove the top glass2- Lock the door while in the opened position to activate the lock switch3- Push and hold both feature switches4- Now enter test-8 & continue to hold the feature buttons until the progressive arrow lamps light.5- Release both feature buttons.  You are in the progressive programming mode now. The LED display should read 802801.  The "80" means test 8.  The 2801 indicates the progressive maximum value.  6- Should be able to unlock the door and close it for the remainder of the programming.7- Use the two feature buttons to advance the digit to the left and then increase the numbers in the progressive display.8- Turn the Reset key to advance to the next programming variable.2801= Max progressive value2901= Min progressive value after a jackpot3001= Upper current value3101= Lower current value9- Program the progression percentage and coin value next.  Set the percentage from 1% up to 16 %.  LED will show "80  1%"  Set the coin value to your machines value (or whatever you want) LED will show "80  .10"  for a dime for example.If you made a mistake keep turning the reset key to come around again to the parameter you want to fix.10-  Replace the glass, lock the door closed, the machine is ready to go, the LED displaying "50.000"If you have trouble start by making sure your two feature switches and the reset key switch are good. Go into Test 3 to confirm proper operation.  You should see the LED display change every time you open and close a switch.  (just like the test procedure in the E2000 manual says, which we all have   )  Another good tool is Test-2.  As the lights cycle through and the LED display show the bit addresses, numbers 1502, & 1504 should be displayed and make your two progressive arrows lamp light.  If you don't see the 1500 series addresses at all then you may not have the correct game E proms for the progressive.Lastly, to check your progressive programming you can use the Maintenance Meters procedure, similar to the book keeping meters.  Meter 26 & above relates to the progressive programming (at least on my machine).So there you go.Cheers,Mark

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »
h yes, I see where its getting confusing.  The max & min progressive values pertain to BOTH the upper AND lower displays. The Upper Current value only pertain to the actually upper display and the Lower Current value is only for the lower display.[/size]Does that make more sense?For example:I want my absolute maximum win (both top & bottom displays) to be $500,000.00  So at 802801 make the display read $5000,000.00 (just like you did)I want the jackpot (both upper or lower) to reset after a win to $2,000.00.  So at 802901 make the display read $2000.00 (just like you did)I want my top display to read $2,000.00 right now when I close the door. So at 803001 make the display read $2,000.00 (just like you did)I want the lower display to read $4,500.00 right now when I close the door.  So at 803101 make the display read $4,500.00 (NOT like you did) [/color]

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 04:23:13 PM »
Thanks for your help. I tried the settings at the numbers given with no luck. If I pull those chips do I have to program anything besides the progressives? The machine works great &as of now except progressive. I'm unable to download a manual here for some reason? I'm a contributing member to access, but when I download it if fails every time?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »
No , just the progressive will need programmed

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
I had a feeling I shouldn't of done that because it was working excellent aside progressive not moving & I was correct. After removing the chips & putting them back in it tilted when I powered it up. I cleared the tilt & tried to set the progressive. It wouldn't let me set 3101 for some reason. I pulled the battery to clear progressives to zero & then programmed them. Turned it on & I started to play. I hit a cherry & it paid out & I couldn't play anymore/not registering coins in at the cherry switch. I checked the fuses & the hopper fuse was blown. Now every time I turn on the machine it blows the hopper fuse instantly & the progressive set is gone & at zero first digit only. I can see the hopper brake moving down as the fuse blows upon powering up? I have major hours in restoring this piece & I knew better then to mess with the board chips aside the game set software. The hopper was never touched & all pins on the chips & ribbon plugs are all fine. I also never even removed the board when I removed & installed the chips etc. :banghead: :hissyfit: :no:   DO NOT remove the the 5101 chips is my recommendation to all reading unless it's your last resort to a non working machine. This machine worked just perfect before doing this with no issues at all
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:09:13 PM by danatlvc »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 07:34:15 PM »
If it was paying out , then the hopper fuse has blown, is it possible the hopper is jammed? It did not finish paying out due to a jam? Make sure there is no coins down in behind the hopper board. I'm assuming the chips were double checked and are in the proper direction ? If you could not set 3101 then maybe the value you are trying to enter is not correct and it will not accept it?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
Here's a video for programming the progressive  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xu2cYQlcB8&list=FLM9XPK3Jq9PzUaBqNuYAXjQ 

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 08:05:17 PM »
UPDATE
If I leave the hopper fuse out now I can program the progressive after unplugging the battery to clear. Then after powering on & off to set I can play it until I hit something. Then I have to go into the progressive program cycle through & shut on & off to reset it to play after the pay the hopper was unable to pay without a fuse? If I put a fuse in the hopper it blows with a flash instantly when I power up. I've been fooling with it so long today I can't remember if it paid out the cherry or not or it happened when it went to initiate the payout? This issue did happen when I hit the first pay & was a cherry I know for sure & I also heard the light dong of the coin diverter discharge & going limp in the door. I've made some steps since the crash, but the hopper is a major issue & I don't know where to begin with that? What is this small fuse type box behind the hopper pictured here, as there was one coin laying there when I pulled the hopper to inspect. It's a long shot, but I have to start somewhere? Thanks

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 08:16:54 PM »
Turn the power off. Take the hopper out and look down inside where the hopper board is mounted.  Look at both sides. Coins can fall in there and cause fuses to blow. Pour out all the coins, Then press and hold the brake lever to release the brake. Then spin the pinwheel by hand. If it turns freely 3 or 4 revolutions then it's not jammed. Hopper board may have failed. Not sure why but take a look for pinched wires or something out of place.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:23:32 AM by Sunrise Side »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 08:25:10 PM »
That is a Delay relay , the blue cube next to the hopper  plug. I would inspect your hopper board and hoppers mechanical condition for problems.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
Get us a picture of your hopper board.. Bally had two different type, E1000 & E2000.. It sould like you could have a cracked ceramic diode, or the Mac-16 400v Triac has failed.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 05:51:41 AM »
It's an E2000. There were no coins stuck where the hopper board is & it also turns freely when the brake is held down. There were very few coins in the hopper when this happened, but there was a coin laying against the Delay Relay in an oddly position & possibly touching the lower prongs coming down under it, but I can't say for sure. I was just shocked to even find a coin there because if I hear a coin go anywhere aside hopper I stop turn the machine off & remove it. It's possible that coin on a long shot ended up there in the few plays I did after removing the 1501s. The Delay Relay looks good on the outside looking through the plastic, but possible it got shorted from the coin? Would that cause the fuse blow? Where could I find a Delay Relay & or a hopper board reasonably to purchase & try? These machine are not worth a whole lot, so I have to be careful. Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal