New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Progressive Help with Bally E2000  (Read 13471 times)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Progressive Help with Bally E2000
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 07:21:05 AM »
It's possible the coin shorted the circuit and caused the hopper board to fail. It's possible the coin caused the relay to weld a set of contacts together and causing the fuse to blow , you can take the blue cover off the relay and inspect the contacts condition and se if they open and close properly, but I'm not sure as to the wiring to the relay and how it is connected in the hopper board circuit. Could be chance the board is 33 years old and happen to fail. It is common with hopper boards. You can test and replace the diodes and triacs yourself, or send it to dhellis for repair, or get a new one from foxsslots on Ebay.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 07:29:26 AM »
Diode's CR11 & CR12 commonly fail. The Q1, Q2, & Q3 fail also. Those parts are the workhorse on the board.  Here's the board on Ebay  http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLY-SLOT-MACHINE-E2000-V2000-HOPPER-CONTROL-BOARD-/150619541405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23119fcf9d  The Blue relays are very robust, but it should be inspected for internal damage being there was a coin nearby and questionable.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 04:24:38 PM »
UPDATE:
I had to leave that machine alone for a few days before I could go back to working on it. When I get really frustrated I get nothing done & don't think clear.
I now have the machine working good again with the exception that the hopper blows it's fuse on every power up. I can sit there & play it now with no fuse until I hit something then I push the test button & continue playing.
I've ordered a hopper board from Barry & have my fingers crossed it will fix the fuse issue for the hopper to work. I also pulled the cover of the Delay Relay & it looks good & the contacts manual open, so I assume it's good.
I also have the sound working now & it makes sound for inserted coins & on pays, but no sound when the reels spin? Is this dip switch settings or the way the chip or sound board is set? It also makes a screech phone type noise every few minutes when it's not played for a while that I'd really like to turn off if possible? Any suggestions
Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »
I did notice that your hopper board had been repaired before at CR11 & CR12 & Q13. Those are the common problems. I would unplug your hopper board but plug your hopper in to see if it sill blows the fuse. That way you have taken the board out of the loop. If the fuse doesn't blow with the board  disconnected and the hopper plugged in, then you know it's the board.

Gary

PM Sent..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »
Thanks for the great advice Gary  :hail:
I did as you said & it didn't blow the fuse  :applause:
I'm really looking forward for the board to arrive now :dancing_2:

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 05:58:14 PM »
For the sound option , only thing I remember is there is an attract feature that can be turned on or off with the DIP switch setting. There should be a sticker next to the MPU that has info for each DIP switch setting. As far as the reel sound , try adjusting the sound pot on the Sound board. The sound fades when the pot oxidizes from age. Rotate the pot 1/2 turn back an forth to get a good connection and then set the volume. Is the progressive working?

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2015, 08:00:51 PM »
No, the progressive is still not progressing. For now I just want the machine up & running again
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 10:20:34 PM »
I had one machine I never could get the sound to work correctly. It would make noise when coined up and on wins, but did the same screeching noise when the reel would spin? I sent my boards out to be tested on a different Bally that had sound, and the worked fine for them?? I finally have up and pulled the sould parts out. If it was a dip switch setting I never found it? Do you have the sml daughter board connected to your IO where the ribbon cable is attached, or are you plug right into the IO?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 06:28:21 AM »
No daughter board & the sound board ribbon plugs directly onto the I/O. It doesn't make any sound when the reels spin, just coin in & on wins. The screech alarm noise comes on every few minutes like to entice you to play. It makes the noise for a second 2 or 3 times consecutive & then it won't do it again for a few more minutes if not played. If your playing it never makes that noise. I'd like to turn that one off so I can leave the machine on in my game room
The sticker next to the board does not address Dip Switch 3 thru 6, so maybe these are possibly for sound options? Anyone know or how are yours set? On my Dip Switch only 2 & 8 are On & the rest Off
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »
Yes that is the attract feature that is making noise when it's idle. I will look at my machine tonight and try to find the attract feature setting on the DIP switch.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 09:33:15 AM »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
On the MPU board, it is dip switch #4.  Turn this off and it will never play attract sounds.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08:49 PM »
Thanks for checking for me
I think maybe my dip switches don't all function. I turned 4 off with no change to feature. Then turned 3 thru 7 off & it still does the attract phone ring screech feature? The only thing that did change is when you insert coins the upper lights for each coin flash instead of mobile  is all? I think it was 5 or 6

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 08:27:38 PM »
The attract feature on mine is two different melodies that play during attract feature. Now when the door is open for a length of time it makes screeching annoying noises. Have you checked your door hinge switch? Is the switch working properly? Wired properly? Does the candle go off when the door closes? Candle comes on when door is opened? Just want to be sure the door alarm is not confused with the game play melodies.   here is a youtube of a E2000 working correctly .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhbMkwXxGWg
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:54:50 AM by Sunrise Side »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »
I'm wondering if you could be in need of the small daughter board that attaches to the IO first, then your ribbon cable attaches to the daughter board. The only other thing I can't think of is that you have a problem with your EPROM in P1? Like I said I never got mine working..

Tim... Does your sound machine have the daughter board I'm talking about?  See pics..
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 07:15:19 AM »
I'm now thinking it's the door doing the screech noise thanks to you guys.
This cabinet has never had a candle installed, so I can't go by the light. When I finally got it running after purchase the sound was unplugged & also the volume was turned all the way off at the pot. It looks like the door switch is not hooked up? I plugged the one wire to the bottom of the switch & taped plunger down it & it still does the 2 or 3 minute screech. Does that wire go on the prong behind the switch possibly, it would be a tight fit though? When the sound was off I just assumed the door was bypassed because the lock bar doesn't reach the plunger to push it down & the machine played with the door opened or shut? There's also one wire with electrical tape at the end seen in pic  that I don't think applies, but maybe?? I'm also going to check the lines on the ribbon today
Thanks,
Dan

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 08:41:32 AM »
I'm not at my machine right now, is there two wires only going to that switch? If so, hook them together. You do not need that switch for home use. Now there is another switch behind the the lower door hinge and mounted to the side of the cabinet. It has to be activated when the door is closed. With the power off if you close the door slowly and listen carefully you can here the switch click. If it does not click you may have to loosen the screws and adjust it closer to the hinge. The wires have to be connected to the switch properly. Post a pic of the hinge switch.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 09:10:56 AM »
I alway remove that door lock switch. Put the two wire together and its bypassed. The easiest way to know if you lower door hinge switch is working is... Does the test programs quit running and show a door code 50000 in the win meter when you close the door?

Gary
And remember...

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »
Well when I went to connect the 2 wires for the door switch by removing the switch  I found a broken wire to the back switch connection. I then connect the 2 wires with no change on the screech. I was testing this with the door open because I had connected the wires for the door to be closed? Then I remembered Tim said to close the door & listen for a click & I heard nothing & looked for another switch with non found Tim said to close the door. So I closed the door & went out of the room & never heard the screech? I thought AWESOME we fixed it. I then thought I'd put a few coins in to see when I stopped if the screech alarm would come back & it didn't. I LOOKED UP & BOTH PROGRESSIVES HAD PROGRESSED  :dancing_2: :applause: :dancing_2: The damn thing wasn't progressing because the door was opened  :24: :lol: :Crazy:

:hail: THANKS A MILLION GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP  :hail:

Now I'm counting the days for the hopper board to arrive, so I can play it & see the progressives move :rotfl: .
What are the odds that the hopper board went out right exactly after the RAM clear removing the 1501s? Bad Luck it was, BUT the machine was screwy for a good while after & took a long while unplugging the battery a few times to get it working again  :Scratch-Head:
It also now plays the music melody with dip switch 4 on with the door shut when not played for a while :applause: So dip 4 is attract melody & dip 6 is for blinking coin in lights. I wonder what 3 & 5 do? I turn them off & on don't notice any change, but I only spin it a few times until I get the hopper going with the new board
This is my first E2000 & I would of never guessed that the machine would play with the door open :Scratch-Head: Live I learn I do
 :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:16:55 PM by danatlvc »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 07:03:34 PM »
Yea the Bally E-Series slot can only be played with the door closed unless it's in test 8. Is good to hear your almost finished!!

Gary
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal