New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ problem - error 12 in display  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Cobra

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Cobra New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ problem - error 12 in display
« on: February 21, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »
1St want to say thanks for a  great WEB site.

Have a Three Diamond, three coin machine I've owned about two years.  Normally I would
power up and check out at least each month.
Well I let it set for about 2+ months and now can't get it to work.  This is what happens:
power on
lights come on
reels DO NOT spin
coin drops through
key reset does not help
candle light  Top slow flash   Bottom fast flash
Note; In past would have to jiggle  the door lock to get the machine working after having door open

Thinking door optic switch problem
I did check connection on them.

Can and how do I bypass to check?
What else can I check
Thanks for any help

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:31:38 AM by Cobra »

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ problem - error 12 in display
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 10:33:01 AM »
Did you try the connection from the power supply to the Motherboard
That plug fries and thr wiggling that connection at the motherboard and see if the reels lock up

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »
Is it by chance showing a 12 in the winner paid window? BTW, welcome to NLG.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 01:04:26 PM »
Slot4
Checked connection on mother board.  Looks fine.  When I turn power on the reels look up--which I think means the power is ok??

Shaggy---Yes it is--my bad, I should have listed that.

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
Rats,
just saw post that seems to indicate my fear--battery dead--is that right? :no:
Where is is located?

Update--Just found this:
12Low batteryReplace battery.  Open and close door.
Going to look for a "how to R&R battery

Update 2
Pulled mother board, see battery. Its a 3.6V. It is A XENO battery, looks like may have been R&R before.
Also noted two of the  chips say S-PLUS REEL and  and S-PLUS Game.

Need find battery source now.

Any Suggested?

#3  Found source here on a different post. Will post results after I R&R Battery.
TKS all
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:51:21 PM by Cobra »

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 02:46:48 PM »
The battery change is not difficult and there is even a video on here to help. Glad you found the problem. Post your results.  :cool_thumb_up:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »
After you get your battery, you will get a code 61. You will find a little button a half inch from the on/off switch or on the rear of it. You will need to push and hold that button until it reads 61-1, then close and latch the door, then turn jackpot reset key and it should spin reels and be ready for play.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Cobra

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
Clink,clink,clink.  Got it-- :dancing_2: Thanks all. :thank_you:
Radio shack had battery for $21.00 something.  I ordered one from ebay for $2.50 + freight for total of $10.
Do wish I would have ordered one with the tabs or leads already attached to battery.  Didn't know about heating the battery ends?

At any rate it's  going. Now I just need to remember to check for codes next time.  Somewhere I have a copy of all of them but if needed I'm sure I can find manual again.

My next fix ix on the other machine I have.  Problem is the bill reader will not take the new bills. However I'll start a new thread when I start that.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:58:21 AM »
Now I just need to remember to check for codes next time.  Somewhere I have a copy of all of them but if needed I'm sure I can find manual again.

There's a list of common IGT S+ error codes, and their resolutions, here:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 12:23:45 PM »
On the inside of your door under the coin comp. there is usually a sticker with the codes also. Same with the MPU tray it has one explaining the dip switches. Now sometimes with age they lose their grip and fall off. You did something I never have by soldering leads on the battery. I've always waited to the leads or tabs. I now keep several on hand to that oops moment.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal