New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: change game reels /display glass question  (Read 1656 times)

Offline athomegambler

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • athomegambler New User has no influence.
  • NLG
change game reels /display glass question
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »
Hi  got another question for my 5000plus ,,, my wife would like me to change the reels,, i found this triple sever complete reel unit for sale,,, but what all do i have to do make this work,,, and do i have to change anything in the chips boards,,, or will it work if i find the glass unit to go with it,,,, thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: change game reels /display glass question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:00:57 AM »
Each game uses unique game èproms that contain the game paytable. If you were to install the new reel strip set (you don't have to change actual reels, only the reel strips with the pay symbols on them), the game would not pay correctly. You would need to change the èproms on the MPU in order for the machine to pay correctly.

You should be able to find a complete game kit for your machine that would contain the glass, reel strips, and game eproms.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »
ok  understand,,, question  does the kit have to be  only for 5000plus or would the 5000 and 6000 or any of the other bally kits work???  also i see a lot of the glass and kits for 3 coin play,,, can my 5000plus which right now is working good as a two coin be able to be changed to three coin machine   thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:48:03 PM »
I believe only 5000/5000 plus will work, but I may be wrong there. I'm not certain what sockets your game chips are in on the board. A 5500 game will populate sockets U18 and U20 on the MPU.

You can change the game to whatever coin you would like, even multi line if that's what kit you find. Once the machine is cleared and set up with the new game, it will be whatever the new game is. Once you're machine is up and operational, then you can start looking for new games, which is where it gets fun!

I'm sorry to see you struggling with this game, and not getting many responses at all. Truth is, the 5000/5000Plus was not a popular platform for Bally, and was replaced by the 5500, which was in place for quite awhile. Many more members are familiar with the 5500 and 6000 platforms, but unfortunately, they were a bit different than the 5000s. All I know is the 5000s are notorious for bad power supplies...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline athomegambler

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »
thanks   you have been a big help and yes everything you have been telling me seems to be right and i keep reading/hearing the same about this bally slot  (5000plus),,, however with your help i do have it up and working good,,,, the power supply was the one item i guy that i bought it from did replace with a aftermarket unit that according to what he told me is a lot better than the stock black box,,, and after i got it to clear with the clear chips,,, everything started to fall in line and i got it working,,,, even the hopper is working now after putting more quarters in and had to play around with the adj/and switches,,, only items that are not working right now are,       all the buttons lights,  the lights behind the reel glass and the top service light on the very top of the machine,,     i bought some new buttons and also got some new bulbs but seems like the problem is not getting any voltage to them and have not been able to track that problem down,,,,    when i check the voltages at the dist/board i get good volts on the 24 volts/ the 12 volts/ and the 5 volts but get nothing at all at the 7.5 volts, so i keep thinking that may be the problem,,,, from what i can find out the lights that are not lighting up are 6 volts units that is why i  think the 7.5 line volts not working is the problem,,,this is not a great problem( not buttons not lighting up)   i just have got it working this far and am trying to get everything up...        as far a the change of the chips to a different game, again you have pointed me in the right area,,,     i will check on the piggyback board where the   two game chips are mounted,,, i think they where locations  12 and 15 ,, those where the ones i pulled out to put in the clear chips to clear the ram,,,. thanks for all your help

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal