New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Early S+ Problem, Just Dings....  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Early S+ Problem, Just Dings....
« on: October 16, 2023, 01:37:25 PM »
I've got an early S+ (10 Meg MPU on the lefthand side) that just dings when power is applied. The Reels aren't stiff and nothing is on the Display.

So what I'd like to know is do the early ones suffer from the same Molex Connector problem that the later ones do? Same MPU and Motherboard, so I'm guessing that it's also susceptible to the same 'burnt pin' issues as the newr ones.

Now, the problem I see is that the Harness is much different than the newer models. I'm not even sure where it terminates on the other end.

But, I did try the wiggle trick to see if the Reels would energize, but had no luck.

Not sure what the constant dinging is that I hear, unless it's stuck in a hand pay and can't be cleared until it boots.

Here is a link to a video of a machine doing the same thing as mine, but his dings are different.  But I'm assuming it's the same problem.

https://youtu.be/XQnkhjy9SrI?si=I1osWg-GgHkAs_Ah

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Early S+ Problem, Just Dings....
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 07:45:54 PM »
Can you swap out the SP chip?
What are the SS and SP chip numbers?

Also, is the denomination lamp on?
The other lamps for the Winner Paid, Credits, Insert Coin, Coin Accepted, and Coins Played windows should be off.
If your SP chip is, or may have been inserted in it's [GAME] socket backwards, and the machine powered up before you got the machine...effectively cooking the guts of it.
That SP chip may have been zapped....try another known-good SP chip.
The fluorescent lamps should be on.
If the reels aren't energized, then I' totally be suspecting the power supply harness, but you've already wiggled that power Molex upwards - in effort to try to get a new contact  on the pins inside the housing.
Check the 3 Quick-Blow fuses...esp. the top 6 amp fuse.
From top to bottom...>>>
6A
8A
6A

You're correct about that power supply harness....it is different.
Runs from the motherboard male header pins, straight to the power supply.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 08:03:05 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 01:44:23 PM »
I'm still troubleshooting, but I'll post what I know now and answer some of Bunkers questions.

My SP is a 1045, which I couldn't find a listing for, so without knowing the type, I probably won't have anything compatible.

The machine is a Full Fruits with Bars according to the Award Glass. But the SS in this game is a 8534, which isn't listed in the Bible under that game. The only listing I found for it was on the old site, shows it as a 10CM Type 0 3 Reel.

The Denom Lamp is not lit, nor are any of the Displays. The Flourescent Lamps are all on, and the Fuses are all good.

I verified voltages at the Molex with some help from Jim, and they're good.

Next step is to put a different software set up on the original MPU and see what happens. The original Chips in a fresh MPU did nothing.

Could be bad Chips.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 04:44:13 PM »
Could it be SP1048 rather? That one is more common.
Another one that is also kind of common is the SP1145
I'm just wondering if it's just a typo.
Anyways, you'll know for sure when yu get it to boot up, go into the accounting, to bring up what version SS and SP chips the MPU sees installed.

That ARMY FRUIT GAME SS8534 is Paytable ID 415A at 93.5%
You're right...it's a 10 COIN MULTIPLIER! Sooo cool!  :cool_thumb_up:
It sucks that they're not working on a known-good MPU.
Makes me wonder if they're for the straight S MPU's or the even older M MPU's?
I think your chips are ok.

The military chips gives us nothing, zilch, nada nada, nada.
I have a few ARMY chips but never been able to get them to work either.
Also, I don't have a listing what CRC they're suppose to be.
I wouldn't be able to verify whether or not the checksums on them are okay or not.
Forget about PSR or PAR sheets....lol

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 05:26:49 PM »
IGT S and M slots only used a single EPROM (RSXXXX) for the game prom and reel prom.  My IGT M slot matches that machine, but mine is 5L vs 5CM and has RS2024 chip installed.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 02:52:28 AM »
Thanks for the great information thus far.

Here's a quick post with a photo of the 2 chips. Definitely Army.

Will post more when I get back on this one.

Curtis ash100

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 07:11:48 AM »
I would put in a SS3226 5CM to match the award glass.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2023, 07:26:35 AM »
Thanks for verifying the ARMY chips.
I was just looking at that award glass.
There's a couple of 14 and 18 credit awards...that's extremely unusual.

Oh..a couple more notes.
The Denomination lamp should still come on even if there's NO MPU installed.
That's running on an entirely different voltage line.
If your display isn't coming on, I'd check the fuses on the power supply.

With the MPU in, pulling out the top 6A fuse, turns off the power to the the coin comparitor, and the display, but the denomination lamp will remain on, as well as the fluorescent lighting. The reels will still be "stiff" too.

Also, the SP1045 chip.
On the label, in parentheses, it states (Standard).
That tells me that there's really nothing special about the chip.
It could be just a plain Jane Type "0" programming in it?
On another line, the checksum is written as (6AD3).
You could throw it into a chip programmer and see if the CRC matches?
If the CRC doesn't match, then you KNOW it's corrupted.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 09:12:00 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2023, 07:39:50 AM »
I would put in a SS3226 5CM to match the award glass.

It's not a 5CM award glass. It's a 5L glass (no multiplier).
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2023, 07:42:37 AM »
That pic is Tilts machine, look at Ash's pic.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2023, 07:44:02 AM »
That pic is Tilts machine, look at Ash's pic.

10-4. I stand corrected.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2023, 12:52:27 PM »
Quick update, no progress though.

Tried good MPU with different Software, still doesn't boot. Reels still free-spin.

Reinstalled original MPU with original software, now the dinging is gone, but nothing else is working other than the Flourescent Lights. Still no Display or Reel action.

Guess the next step is a different Motherboard.

Thanks for keeping up with this.

Curtis ash100

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2023, 04:09:28 PM »
I totally agree with changing out the mobo...It's the only thing left to swap out.  :scratch-head_3:
I also told mwade the same thing....he's the fella that made that video of his Wild Cherry dingin'.
I hope you swap it out...I want to see these Topics solved! lol

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2023, 02:59:45 PM »
I didn't have another motherboard to swap out but I took the one from the ding, ding machine and put it into my machine with the 3200 issue and now the 3200 error is gone and the machine is working fine,  telling me that the motherboard in the ding machine is good and it wasn't the motherboard creating the dinging. I believe it is the power supply on mine and it has the type that isn't a convenient little box to replace but a open transformer type one that I never see on eBay.  Curious to see what cures yours.

I appreciate all the help from everyone.

-mike

I totally agree with changing out the mobo...It's the only thing left to swap out.  :scratch-head_3:
I also told mwade the same thing....he's the fella that made that video of his Wild Cherry dingin'.
I hope you swap it out...I want to see these Topics solved! lol

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2023, 01:36:01 PM »
Latest update....

Found a burnt trace on the original Motherboard, so I replaced it with a good one from my stash.

At this point, the Reels now get stiff once power is applied, but that's about all it does. Still have no Display. All other lighting is good. All fuses are good.

Tried a good MPU with the original software, no change. Tried good MPU with different Software, no change. Tried original MPU with new Software,  still no change.

Not sure which direction to head next. I don't have a spare Display to try, but I don't think that would prevent it from booting up. I could be wrong. Went through the 61 process blindly hoping that I could get a Reel Spin after closing the Main Door and turning the Key. Didn't happen.

I will search for an older style Display and see what happens next.

Curtis ash100

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2023, 01:53:32 PM »
Reels energized is good.
Your fluorescents and denom lamp should be on as well.

I have a question I need your help with.
Could you show a good photo of the back of the entire door?
What in the world is that ribbon cable & circuit board on the reel shelf  for?  :scratch-head_3:
We need to see what that is hooked up to....an extra display panel??

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2023, 02:10:00 PM »
What do the candle lights do?  If they're blinking then the MPU is booting and you probably have a bad display or wiring to it. 

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2023, 04:15:22 PM »
I'll post a photo tomorrow.

That Ribbon Cable is connected to a Display (Older Scrolling type used on the M Slots), so there's no typical Denom Lamp and back-lit Insert Coin/Coin Accepted Windows on the Reel Glass.

Also, there's no Candle, nor is there a place for one.

This whole machine seems like a mix of several different IGT models.

I do have a photo of the 2 Display Panels.

Curtis ash100

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2023, 06:05:30 PM »
Yeah, it's different than any other S+ slot I've ever seen.  The candle sure is handy to have so if nothing else is working properly you can at least see if the MPU is booting or not.  You're really working in the blind with this one.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2023, 07:09:46 AM »
Also, there's no Candle, nor is there a place for one.

Is there a candle harness running to the topbox at all?
I'm surprised that an S+ with that many displays, doesn't at the very least, have a candle?
Somebody may have taken/swapped the original topbox?
I've seen topboxes that didn't have the holes for a candle but the harness wass still available.
I ended up drilling holes to install them.

As for that ribbon candle red display, I had one of those a bunch of years ago, but threw it out as I couldn't get it to work.
It never affected the rest of the machine not having it...I just threw in a different game, glss, strips & chips.
My guess is that particular display may only work with specific SP chips.
I'll betcha if we had the SP1045 PSR for it, it would tell us how to enable/set that odd display.
I'm going to dig around for some closely numbered PSR's to read if there's any info on it.

***Update***
While I really didn't see anything relating to your display in PSR SP1044 or PSR SP1047, I'm suspecting that it was a display made to show game events/messages such as [Insert Coins], [Coin Accepted], etc, etc.
Maybe soon after, they saved some money by just changing the reel glass and using lamps and bulbs?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 07:48:06 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal