New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S-slot will not register credits, takes the 3 quarters only.  (Read 588 times)

Offline Vito

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vito New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I am new to IGTs and this forum and :nlg-logo: can use some help.  I have a 1989 (I think, the tag is missing) DOUBLE DIAMONDS IGT S-slot slot machine.  I am pretty sure that it is an S-slot because the main motherboard is on the back behind the hopper.  It only takes and pays out in quarters.  One time when I hit three 2-bars, it paid out in credits, but that one time only.  Can anyone tell me how to change it over to credits?  I know that the buttons work for credits as they did light up and I was able to use those credits with the buttons just that one time.  I have the following buttons:  CHANGE--CASH OUT--BET ONE CREDIT--SPIN WHEELS--AND PLAY 3 CREDITS.  If you can direct me how to change this, I would be greatly obliged.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 10:25:24 AM by Vito »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S-slot will not register credits, takes the 3 quarters only.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 11:04:59 AM »
If you press the [Cash Out] button once, does it light up?
If not, check the bulb underneath, when you get a chance.
For now, hitting the [Cash Out] button once (Without any credits on thedisplay), will work, even if the bulb is burned out.
That will allow wins to accumulate & go to credits on the display.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Vito

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 12:34:38 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you!  That was my problem.  The bulb is burned out but it still worked as you instructed.  Is changing the bulb a big deal?  I am pretty mechanical so should be able to pull it off.  Let me know if you would, and thanks again.  I need to buy the red [CHANGE] button as mine does not work, but if you touch the two wires together, the candle light lights up.  None on ebay, any idea who may have one for sale?  :thank_you:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 01:39:49 PM »
post a picture of the machine and the type buttons you have. I probably have the parts, but need to see what you need forst, there are several versions, all depends on the type machine you have.

Jim

p.s.   pictures have to be under 1 meg in size or they won't post.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 01:48:20 PM »
Because these buttons are so old, you have to be extemely careful....they are very brittle.
I would open the door, turn the power off, remove the door panel temporarily so you'll have better access to the buttons under the deck.
Carefully wiggle off the button switch from the button housing.
It requires a constant downward pull and wiggle to unseat the switch unit from the button housing.
That part of the button housing is extremely delicate esp. where the threads are.
You cannot wiggle the switch unit too far side to side or the plastic housing where the threads are will snap.
Once you have the switch and lamp part out, you can easily pull out the lamp from the socket and replace it with a new one.
Leave all the wire tabs on.
Putting the switch back into the button housing is just a steady firm push until you sort of feel it click together.
Install the door panel back on and you should be good to go.

Should the button housing happen to snap to pieces when tying to pull out the switch unit, thee are a bunch of places where you can purchase new ones. Hopefully Jim will have the buttons you need.
Let us know how it goes.

The red change button might have a bad switch under the deck....maybe just a loose wire tab?
You'd have to remove it to see what's wrong with it I' suppose....hopefully it's just a loose wiring female tab that can be easily slightly squeezed with a pair of pliers to fit tighter on the male switch tab.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Vito

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 02:57:48 PM »
Here are some pics--I hope they come through.  I definitely need the red [CHANGE] button switch.  The [CASH OUT] is good, I just need a bulb.  Can I get these bulbs at Batteries Plus?  Thanks again you guys--I really appreciate your help.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 07:38:28 AM »
Hmm...looks like someone robbed the Change buttton switch?
You should show the bottom of your Change button.
It looks like you have the housing, but not the switch?

Anyways, the bulb for the Cash Out button is the same as the Bet One Credit bulb.
You have the really old small buttons.
Ask Jim of Midwest slots (His phone number's on NLG homepage.) for a Change/Service button switch.
He may have one?

If not, here's a link to one on ebay for sale....overpriced tho...>>>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304650978031?hash=item46ee9d02ef:g:bGwAAOSwvhxb7P5W&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4AsonWla%2BZ15bno6HuxNHdeervQRqVLDLcnX23zFRq1DBLoi%2FpDNHrZCvV35FGXfvIOK28R8TugBnwS6U8ApnYfpghRZlqFX5K3mH2Nk793JwVqTjNXf1WPpeJgNIrVIPZV6aN1LR1B%2FcvXNM6TPVRaf2u%2F9puYPcLfVYr0oTNlEPVaiepSJDqvZ6mvScvld15tssy0E4IunXOTNfrX5l159CrP56%2Fkd7AmyYyrGDDBYAdaMGURZNpf0ZewCO6x7RmvdHUX%2B%2FfcvcWKfRBf2wh8yCCyjEZ2FORigg9hXqVce%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-6CmZv3Yg

Offline Vito

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 09:35:30 AM »
Thanks again for responding.  Yes, the [CHANGE] button is just the housing with the light socket that has two male prongs.  Someone before me took the switch away I guess.  I found the E-86 bulbs on Amazon.  I will call Jim to see if he has the switch.  I know the candle works as I touched the two leads together and the light stays on.  Thanks again for helping me with this.  I just like everything to work properly!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal