New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S-2000 Hopper Motor Inop  (Read 4044 times)

Offline scottserpa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • scottserpa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S-2000 Hopper Motor Inop
« on: August 06, 2018, 01:16:49 PM »
Is anyone familiar with the IGT S-2000 hopper motor drive circuit? I have one with no motor drive. The motor and gearbox test fine on the bench but nothing seems to be going through the 76922504 controller board. Various pins on the hopper plug have 13 and 24 volts so it’s getting some power. Self-test shows the coin out Eddie sensor working so at least some function of the hopper is there.

I have 24 volts Load Supply on pin 3 of the A3952SW and 5 volts Logic Supply on pin 7 but nothing on pin 9 which I assume to be the turn on signal.

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S-2000 Hopper Motor Inop
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »
The hopper controller board costs very little. I would simply replace it and the problem will probably be gone. But then I am more inclined to swap boards rather than repair them.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 03:56:24 PM »
Hate to ask the obvious but is token payout enabled in the key chip menu?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »
I am well known for overcomplicating things and overlooking the obvious, so it never hurts to ask.  If you’re talking about 7.1.7.2 “Token Payout”, it is set to “Partial Token Cashout Enabled”.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »
also check your cabinet io board the hopper connects to the mpu through it

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 10:58:14 AM »
I'm at a total loss on this.  I replaced the hopper driver board as well as the cabinet I/O board with no difference.  All the other I/O's seem to work, it's just the hopper motor that doesn't.  In "Cabinet Output Test" (4.2.2) the candle, meters and handle release tests work fine however hopper brake, hopper safety and hopper direction appear to do nothing.

The motor turns smoothly by hand and the runs on the bench supply with no excessive current load. 

Anything else I should look for?  Is there a setting that maybe got corrupted?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
have you set all the limits?  including the hopper payout limit?  can you preform the hopper payout test in menu 4?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
3.1.4 Hopper Limit is set to $1000.00.  There is no "Hopper Payout" test that I can find.  Just the Hopper Brake, Hopper Safety and Hopper Direction which appear to do nothing.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 448
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 10:30:09 AM »
Perhaps a backplane issue?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 07:25:24 PM »
I hadn’t really considered a backplane issue because, to my understanding, the buss goes from the MPU through the backplane to the I/O boards.  If the I/O boards are working for all but one feature wouldn’t that mean the problem would have to be post I/O? 

I haven’t pulled the backplane yet, but looking at it there are a few discrete components so maybe things loop back in and out again?  Don’t suppose there’s such a thing as a schematic available on these?

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »
for the 500 boards there is one in the download section

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »
hopper/printer test is in menu #4,  4.7    if its not available then the hopper is not enabled,   check key chip #2 section 7.2.5,  you have to be in the coin mode disabled.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
Thanks Jim,
There is no 4.7.  It jumps from 4.6 "Dot Matrix" to 4.9 Bonus Device.  Key Chip II 7.2.5 shows "Coinless Mode" (I assume that's what you mean, rather than "Coin Mode")  The data is "Coinless Mode Disabled".

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »
For what it’s worth here’s what I found.  Hopper test 4.7 as well as Bill acceptor test 4.8 didn’t show up in the menu.  If I reset the MPU by pulling and replacing the batteries then clearing the subsequent RAM error the 4.7 hopper test as well as the 4.8 bill acceptor test show up.  Testing the hopper using 4.7 does nothing.  The procedure says to turn the key then press spin reels.  When I do that the display shows coins out 0.  The hopper motor does not turn.  After a few seconds the spin reels light comes back on and the display says empty.  Putting the game back in to play it will now function UNTIL there are credits and cash out is pressed.  At that point it goes into tilt and says hopper empty because nothing was paid.  At this point if I go back into the menu 4.7 and 4.8 do not show up.  It jumps straight from 4.6 to 4.9 as before.

As always, any suggestions are appreciated.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »
Is the machine setup for coinless play, or does it have some setting that is telling it there is no hopper installed, don't try to use the hopper, etc? Did the hopper ever work and then stopped, or is this the way you got it?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »
7.2.5 shows "Coinless Mode Disabled" so I don't think that's it.  Everything was working till one time the cash out button was hit.  A few coins were paid then the machine went into "Hopper Empty" even though it wasn't.  I assumed it was either the motor or the drive circuit.  The motor tests fine one the bench and I replaced the motor drive board with no difference.

Online therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 06:23:00 PM »
When you close the door is the hopper spinning then going to error?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 06:31:13 PM »
Nope.  No hopper motor function at all.  Motor tests good.  Gearbox not gummed up and turns easily.  It appears there is no turn on signal to the driver.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 06:33:49 PM »
Do you need to try another mpu board, just to find out if that is it? Other than that what's left?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline scottserpa

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 06:38:48 PM »
I have not subbed a MPU.  I subbed the motor driver board and, on the suggestion of one of the members here, the cabinet I/O.  I'm going to pull the backplane tomorrow and see if there is some cold solder or burned connection somewhere.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal