New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New addict after finding and fixing a Double Diamonds machine.  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Gmhorse

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Gmhorse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hello everyone. New slot machine addict here. I purchased a Double Diamonds machine from an estate sale a few weeks ago. The guys on the S+ forums helped me get it going. I have now purchased 2 S2000 machines. One is a Sizzlin 7's 5 reel machine. The other is a Reel Charms 3 reel. Neither of them are currently working. I am going to try to get the 5 reel Sizzling 7's machine going first.

I am not getting anything on the display on boot up. All of the lights come on and the reels bump slightly on power on. The mother board has two green lights followed by 4 yellow lights then one green light and a blinking red light at the bottom. It is an Enhanced board with stepper chip SB001000 and Boot chip RB000003. The varta battery was already removed as well as the u16 chip. There doesn't seem to be any green corrosion anywhere on the board.

I have checked the main battery and have 2.8 volts there. I will be getting another 3v CR2354 this evening just to be sure its over 3v.

I would like to go ahead and order a RESET and SET chip for both machines. Does anyone know which chips I would need?

Any suggestions on things to rule out would be greatly appreciated. I will be reading the boards here and trying to make progress in the mean time.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: New addict after finding and fixing a Double Diamonds machine.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 04:17:40 PM »
That flash board needs a RBK0001 Key chip to clear or key.  Is it single line?  How many credit?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 11:33:33 AM by sixcardmark »

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 05:13:52 PM »
It looks like a 30 line machine? How would I know other than the glass? I will post a photo as soon as I get home this evening. I don’t seem to be able to post a pic from my phone.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 05:54:27 PM »
Glass is about all you have to go by right now.  That or switch to an adapter board and find a SB that will match your strips and change the glass inserts.

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
Here are a couple of pics that may help out. I would like to get the correct chips for this machine and the current glass if possible. It looks like a newer machine and has LEDS behind the reels. Looks fun.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:08:03 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 07:38:17 PM »
It looks like this is an R-board machine? I found the list for R-boards and the R0000415 sticker on that board shows it is a Sizzlin 7's  five reel machine with 30 lines. Now i just need to figure out why that Stepper Base SB001000 is in there. All of the other labels are dated 2007 and that stepper is dated 1998.                               

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 07:44:01 PM »
Yes that's an R board.  That chip may be hard to find.  Some of those R boards do use the SB1000 so it may have the right chips after all?

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
It looks like this is an R-board machine? I found the list for R-boards and the R0000415 sticker on that board shows it is a Sizzlin 7's  five reel machine with 30 lines. Now i just need to figure out why that Stepper Base SB001000 is in there. All of the other labels are dated 2007 and that stepper is dated 1998.                               

It's supposed to be there. 

A blinking red light on the MPU indicates that it is not booting. The VFD should say it's netplex is down even if the MPU doesn't boot.  Since it doesn't I'd check the power supply voltages first or just swap it with a known good one.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 08:06:05 PM »
Could be a bad flash board.

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 08:11:37 PM »

It's supposed to be there. 

A blinking red light on the MPU indicates that it is not booting. The VFD should say it's netplex is down even if the MPU doesn't boot.  Since it doesn't I'd check the power supply voltages first or just swap it with a known good one.

I did switch out the power supply that was behind the reels with the power supply from the other machine ( Reel Charms) i just got. It did not change anything. I guess its possible they are both bad. I dont have a known working PS to test with.

I did notice if I pull out the MPU and leave it out the VFD works and displays NETPLEX is down.

So the VFD works fine with the MPU pulled out. Does this mean the PS is fine?

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 08:27:10 PM »
More than likely it is then.  Does the other machine have the same MPU so you can swap it and see if it works? 

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 08:53:51 PM »
More than likely it is then.  Does the other machine have the same MPU so you can swap it and see if it works?

We don't even want to talk about the other machine.  :banghead:  It does have the same MPU but when i opened it i found someone had made a battery pack out of akaline batteries and soldered it to the board. The solder job was horrible and sloppy. I pulled the battery pack off that board and removed the u16 chip since the varta battery is not needed anyway. But I get no lights on that board at all. I think it is toast. It also shows some signs of green corrosion. Here are a couple photos of the homemade battery pack and solder job. :24: 

Just dont confuse that board with this thread. I have a board on order for that machine. When it comes in I can try it on the Sizzlin 7's machine first to rule out a bad MPU.

One quick question about that. When the new MPU shows up I should just be able to drop the R-board on it and thats it? Will I need a clear chip and SET chip with the new board before it will work? Or can I just add the R-board and boot it up?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:11:42 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 09:23:53 PM »
R boards need a RBK0001 key chip.  You can clear and/or key with it. You will probably need one to enable printer, etc.

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 10:18:31 AM »
One thing I noticed about the 5 reel machine I am trying to fix. When the MPU is pulled out and I power on the unit. All of the lights come on except for the back lighting on the reels. I notice on the Super charms if I power on with no MPU installed the backlights on the reels are on.

Could this info be used to troubleshoot anything?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 412
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 10:33:39 AM »
That could be just because the last game it played,  landed on symbols that turned the backlights on.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 11:08:07 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 10:56:02 AM »
That could be just because the last game it, played landed on symbols that turned the backlights on.

I think you are correct. I switched out the 2 power supplies behind the reels and it made no difference. Thank you for clearing that up. I couldn’t figure out why one had lights. 😂

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »
I wanted to post an update on the 5 Reel Sizzlin 7's machine. The new MPU showed up today. I pushed the r-board on and installed the MPU. The machine booted up with the RAM ERROR. I used the reset key and followed the steps to reset it. Everything is working great! I may have to go through and figure out all the settings. The DBV works just fine so far without a BK00001 reset. I have one on order if i need to make other changes.

I did notice the speaker on the bottom cover is missing. Does this speaker play the same sound channel as the top two? It looks a little bigger than the top two. Any reason to replace this for better sound?

Also I notice the LED lights behind the reels are not lighting up at all. Any thoughts on where to look for the behind the reel lighting? They are LEDS and I wouldn't think they would all be burned out at once.

Where would I look to find out the payout % on an R-board. It seems to hit quite often compared to my S+ 87% payout.

Thanks to Sixcardmark, Stayouttadabunker, and Tilt for the suggestions and info on chipsets.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 03:30:57 PM »
That is good news!  The speaker missing in the tray is the sub woofer. You definitely want one.  Check the cables going to the backlit controller to the right of the power dist. board, it should have 3 things plugged into it.  Go into accounting/version accounting /PV10 to see payback %.

Offline Gmhorse

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 04:12:29 PM »
That is good news!  The speaker missing in the tray is the sub woofer. You definitely want one.  Check the cables going to the backlit controller to the right of the power dist. board, it should have 3 things plugged into it.  Go into accounting/version accounting /PV10 to see payback %.

I assume this is the board you are refering to? I did an LED light test on the reels. They never fully light up but I can see a very very faint flicker of light on each reel as it goes across. It is very faint and hard to see. I unplugged and re-seated all of the connections on this board in this photo. Still the same. I dont see anything that looks suspect on it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »
Yes that is the backlit controller.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal