New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Munny Returns IGT s2000 - Bonus Game doesn't play "bonus display error"  (Read 3186 times)

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG

Hi all.  I picked up a broken IGT s2000 WOF, and as part of the bargain took his IGT AC coin "Munny Returns".  Looks like an awesome machine, he said it had a battery error on the screen.

When he turned it on, it never booted past "bonus Display error".  Took it home, swapped out the 3v coin battery.  Never got past the video display waiting.  I'd see the LCD flash on, turn green, and turn off.  The real problem was, when I took this home, I had these two machines side by side.  I had a long night, going back and forth...  So at this point, I opened up the top box.  Saw another battery, swapped it out.  Figured while I was in there I'd reseat the RAM chip in the top box (still not sure why I did this).  At this point, I realized later I left the RAM chip sitting on metal for like a minute.  I than started messing with the LCD screen.  I noticed a flat ribbon cable in there wasn't seated perfectly, so I tried to reseat it a little, it came out completely.  I than broke the little brown ribbon holder, so have been forced to tape it in.  I also don't remember which side was up and down.  I think I may have messed up the LCD (if it already wasn't the culprit).  Put the RAM back in and plugged it all back up

Fired it up, stuck in Waiting for bonus Display error but at least now the LCD maintained power (white screen).  Does the top box RAM reset itself upon power up, or should I just force RAM reset by removed main MPU battery?

Another member told me to press the button next to the cash box, was cool.  During power on, when in display error wait, I pressed the white button and it forces the cycling of the top box bonus balls (they bounce around, so cool).  It than takes me past this, powers on, and becomes available to play the game.  LCD screen is still white, but I can play.  Unfortunately, I've hit the 3 Munny bonus game, and it kinda freezes me up.  I left it alone for a couple mins, and it went back to usable.  I assume there was a timeout for how long the bonus game plays for, and it cycled back to normal.  Also, have tried settings to see if I can auto configure the bonus game, didn't help.

So my questions are:
1) Do I need to reset RAM in the top box, or force a machine RAM reseat in the main MPU?
2) Does anyone have a IGT AC coin LCD for sale (1 three plug power plug, and 1 I think its 24 pin plug) - can't find it on ebay or other sites
3) I think I saw somewhere you can do a P1 jumper on the top box board, will that do anything for me now?
4) If the LCD is failed, would it leave me in the waiting for display msg, or is that a culprit of something else in the board in the top box?

I think that's all I can think of for now, clearly pictures tell a thousand works.  I'll get those going in a bit.  But for the top box, the LCD has power, no picture.  The balls in the top mummy area bounce around when forced, and the other circular ball holder inside also engages and moves.  So I'd say that's all good news, and I feel like I'm super close!  Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 02:38:37 PM by Bigjon527 »

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
More pics of me being dumb with the LCD.

Anyone have this lcd and can send pics of how this ribbon is supposed to be seated to the little top board?  Or can I just buy some generic LCD setup? 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 412
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
The topbox LCD computer, does it have a CF flash card in the top slot?

If not then, that topbox bonus will never work if someone took out the card.

That's why you're never getting past "Waiting for Display" - there's no topbox data for the computer to display.

It's like turning on a video Playstation with no game in it.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
The "Munny Returns " is a AC Coin machine,  not a Vision. The upper AC Coin Bonus MPU RAM resets itself on power up.
The display has a CF card . Sometimes just pulling the card and cleaning the card's contacts and reseating it into the slot will make the display work. 
You have a sound board to the right of the display which has a CF card as well.  If you have no sound on bonuses,  reseat that card as well.  The machine will work without a disply.
The problem with these are the Power Supply  Molex gets cooked and you have bad connections and intermittent power losses.  Pull the reels out and remove the power supply and if the Molex is burnt,  replace the Molex on the harness and replace the PS.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
Awesome, ordered.  Perfect timing cause I was just buying something from the seller, so I got to bundle some shipping costs and such, thanks!

Also more updates.  Got the game fully working minus the LCD (still shows powered on screen but nothing else). I'll be honest, I should have went one step at a time, but did multiple things so not sure which one was the winner. 

1) reseated the cable on the LCD again per picture reference.
2) removed LCD display card (cleaned and reinserted)
3) removed sound card (cleaned reinserted)
4) removed varta 3.6v ugly battery with the u16 component in my 1270 mpu (was ugly looking around it, cleaned it up a little)
5) power cycled! (Had already changed out the two coin batteries on the mpu and top box board).

On power up, no more display error, however I never get anything on the 6" lcd display.  The sound actually started working (Egyptian theme), and from there during power on I get an msverify app msg, but it clears and goes to the game.  Had to clear a couple door errors (opened closed main door several times, no biggie).

Verified both 2 munny bonus and 3 munny bonus works!!!  Only minor thing is on the 3 munny bonus, the pharaoh casket doesn't open and close, it's stuck open (which is better than stuck closed I guess so the balls come out).  I'm tempted to Investigate, but will resist and leave it as is so I don't break stuff.

Anyone know what the denominations can go to on this game with keychipped settings?  5c? 25c?  Thinking of changing from a penny to nickel so I can get the coins/tokens setup going.  Any db list to actually check that prior to keychipping?

Between this and wheel of Fortune, I'm not sure which one is more fun to play tbh.

Just kidding WOF!!!

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
Got the two new/used LCDs.  Still no video.

Popped my munny card into both, they both get power (white screen), flash to green, and go dark now.  I think that's a better state than white screen from my first display.  If I just have the power plug, no ribbon cable, I get an error GAM2000.

I removed the battery from the top board just ti see what would happen,  waiting for video display on power on.  Popped in back in, gets me back to playing nit no video still.

Used the other cards I got with the two new displays, "OH display", nothing different.  Just power, green, than black screen.

Ribbon cable looks normal, the ROM and ram chips are reseated nicely.  Not sure...

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Never fooled with those monitors, but on a vision you can put a jumper on and see what the top computer is doing while booting. On a vision with the back off the battery is about center, the memory sticks are on the left and JP1 is jumped to see status
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
There's a jp1, not sure I want to jump it without knowing what it's gonna do.  Maybe...

So these cards arent CF flash cards, they're called SmartMedia cards.  Super unique 22 pin pad cards that I definitely don't have a port for in any computer.  I'm debating spending a couple bucks for buying the card reader, to see if I can read the Munnys card or not.  If it's bad, at least that tells me something...  If good, I can make a copy and try to put it on one of the other cards I guess, assuming it's not some special formatting or something.

Or I just leave this all as is, since the machine is fully working minus the video. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Here is one on a vision monitor.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
I'm confused.

Im interested in converting this machine from 1c to 5c so I can make it coin driven.  I pulled the mpu to see if I have the right key chip (I have 31 atm, it came with the two machines he had, it was inside the cabinet of this one though), and it's mpu was weird af.  The bboot/base chip doesn't have numbers I expect.  Per the FAQ, anything higher than sg563 should use chip 45.  This is chip "RB000003" kobe  number.  Wtf?

I really don't want to brick the machine. Two questions.

1) does this even go to 5c?
2) are ac coin machines different, or can I use an igt key chip? If so, which one?  See pics.

Help?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:43:32 PM by Bigjon »

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
Btw also switched the jumper on JP1 in the upper top box, no difference on the display. 

The only time my LCD display does something different is if I remove it's data ribbon cable.  It gets mad and shows text:. GAM2000 or something.  Otherwise it just turns on and goes dark.  I've ordered a SmartMedia card reader to see if I can read this card in my laptop, we will see.

I've found a YouTube video of a Munny Returns being a 5c machine, so I have hope.  On eBay there's keychips after 45, called rbk0001 or 2, curious if those are the AC coin keychips?

Any hints would be appreciated for the coin conversion of the LCD screen.

Offline JRT45

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • JRT45 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
On my Munny Returns slot, I found that the EZPAY WAP box was bad.  This was causing multiple problems including no monitor. 
A word of caution with the CF cards  I have been told that any attempt to copy the cards will result in a loss of all the data. 
The all-in-one clear/set chip I have is a RKB0001 “R”.
The casket door is controlled by a motor and a 3mm polyurethane belt.  You can order the belt material from ebay.  Then, measure the length, heat the ends with a soldering iron and stick them together.
Getting to the belt drive is not difficult, but it is a little tricky.  First remove the balls, remove the plastic around the hole where the balls enter.  You need to push it down, because it has 2 hooks on each side that point up.   Remove the bottom tray by lifting it up from the left side first.  This panel may have a ground wire attached on the left side.  Next, remove the arm to the door.  It has a pin attached to the door, and you need to spread the connection.  Now, remove the screws from the back panel.  The top screw does not need to come out, just the remaining 4.  Remove the back panel by sliding the left side out first.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I'm confused.

Im interested in converting this machine from 1c to 5c so I can make it coin driven.  I pulled the mpu to see if I have the right key chip (I have 31 atm, it came with the two machines he had, it was inside the cabinet of this one though), and it's mpu was weird af.  The bboot/base chip doesn't have numbers I expect.  Per the FAQ, anything higher than sg563 should use chip 45.  This is chip "RB000003" kobe  number.  Wtf?

I really don't want to brick the machine. Two questions.

1) does this even go to 5c?
2) are ac coin machines different, or can I use an igt key chip? If so, which one?  See pics.

Help?

You need RBK00001 to clear & or key that RG board. I can send you one if needed. IVC00224 & KEY00045 works for everything except R boards. Setting it to 5c should not be a problem.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
Do not read the video card. It will not work afterwards.  I tried that already. 

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
So the rbk0001 does both clear and key the machine?  Anything to worry about if I clear it, ie is the bonus game gonna have to be resetup or anything? 

And the hell on reading the SmartMedia card.  So there's no way for me to check and see if the card is good without putting into a known good working machine?  I have one card for sure that's for this machine, and the two that are random.  I'll probably try on one of the random ones anyways. 

At this point I suspect the card or the data ribbon.  With 3 LCD displays, at least one of them should have been able to read the munny card if it worked .

Any way to use jumpers to watch it s power on status like in the Vision?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
One chip does all similar to a 044 Game King. Do not try to read the card without special software to do so. If you let Windows format it, all data will be lost. WinImage works for saving & restoring files on a CF card. You might try that. It's a free download for evaluation version. It's not WIN 10 friendly though. I'm unfamiliar with what the jumpers do. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 412
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I just remembered something....the newer Windoze versions left a file on the flash cards when I read them...
All I needed to do was erase the file.
What I don't remember is what the name of the file was, but from reading hundreds of CF files, I noticed that it was different name from any other known good flash card file.
What it ( the newer Windoze Operating Systems ) would do is because it added another file, it would somehow throw off the CRC value and render it as incompatible with the game software/chips and shoot out error messages.

Also of course, don't ever press "OK" when asked to Format the drive of the flash card or it'll erase everything.
Only allow formatting of drives when the drive is blank or it has some files on it you don't care about.

Don't ever throw out your old Vista or XP computers.....that's what all these older cards used and work fine when reading CF files.
I use an old HP Pavillion from like year 2001 with XP as the OS.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
Oh good, sounds like I'll have a chance at reading the cards.  I'll bust old my old comps with xp, I had planned on using a hex editor to access folder/files since I'm used to windows messing up files.  ^M s are the worst!!!

We will see if I can even read the munny video card, at least that would tell me something.

Anyone know if there's a way to access diagnostics or status on the screen during power on? 

I'll mess with a coin conversion and the key/clear chip if I come across the HW for the coin setup.  I just paid for all the parts to do it in my WOF which was expensive, but worth it for that machine imo.  Not sure it'll be worth it for this unless I basically find another machine to strip it all from, we will see.

I'll post on how the card read goes when I get to it.

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
While I'm waiting for the card reader I visually inspected the ribbon cable.  Saw minor abrasions, did a continuity test on all paths, all check out.  Anecdotal confirmation also when I power up the screen without the ribbon, it gives the screen error.  When I plug it in, it goes white, than black as if awaiting what to do.  So it's either the card, or the data being sent to it is crap

At least soon I'll be able to see if something s on the card.  Slowly checking the boxes off.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal