New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Back lit reels stay dim. Amber lights.  (Read 8131 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Back lit reels stay dim. Amber lights.
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2019, 09:56:55 AM »
For the record, my 3 reel light controller board looks exactly like yours and my harness is also missing those last 2 pins. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • FORDF150 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2019, 10:05:03 AM »
For the record, my 3 reel light controller board looks exactly like yours and my harness is also missing those last 2 pins.
. If you have the same setup as mine does your back light reels work cuz I don't know if I have the right schematics that they sent me because half these plugs are not numbered the only plug that is numbered to plug that goes into the backlight board pins 13 + 14
They don't go to nowhere so I'm thinking maybe if I can jump those two pins maybe the lights might work or they're in the wrong spot the schematics that I have but I am thinking also maybe I don't have the right schematic for the backlight board

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2019, 10:58:12 AM »
Pin-13 & Pin-14 are not occupied in that Molex housing on the harness that connects to the reel lamp controller board.
That's the way it says on the schematics and that's the way my harness is and it works fine.
In Reply #16 , I posted the schematics for the reel harness - not the schematics for the backlight board.

For your information, all Molex connections are marked....whether by numbers or symbols molded onto the housings.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
Pin-13 & Pin-14 are not occupied in that Molex housing on the harness that connects to the reel lamp controller board.
That's the way it says on the schematics and that's the way my harness is and it works fine.
In Reply #16 , I posted the schematics for the reel harness - not the schematics for the backlight board.

For your information, all Molex connections are marked....whether by numbers or symbols molded onto the housings.
so are your highness the same as mind and your lights work well I just ordered another lamp board and I hope this one works because the one I get it and I still have the same problem that's got to be something else besides the board I would like to know what's the circuit that controls the lights does the cabinet card have anything to do with that

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2019, 11:37:16 AM »
There's an I/O card mounted to the side of the CPU cage that plugs into the controller. I don't think the board is the issue if you keep getting boards that don't work.. Like who would sell broken $20 parts on Ebay to scam people? Think they'd sell $200+ junk to make the hassle worth their while if they were knowingly selling broken shit..

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »
There's an I/O card mounted to the side of the CPU cage that plugs into the controller. I don't think the board is the issue if you keep getting boards that don't work.. Like who would sell broken $20 parts on Ebay to scam people? Think they'd sell $200+ junk to make the hassle worth their while if they were knowingly selling broken shit..
I just want to buy a good product that works
If I buy this board and I got it it still does the same thing that means there's something else going on is there any chips in the mpu  board do I have to buy to make it work like SS chips or reel chip
Something I want to ask can I see pictures of inside of your machine it's probably the same setup as mine do you use the same 502 board

I'm about to send you my payments
send it first class
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:01:57 PM by FORDF150 »

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2019, 12:10:50 PM »
If the bulbs light then the controller is powering them and the reel harness is plugged in. The I/O controls them to brighten when needed.. So try the I/O test to check each bulb and at least you'll know its communicating..

I'd hate to ship you this and you have the same issue. Like how many boards have you gone through, 2, 5?

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
If the bulbs light then the controller is powering them and the reel harness is plugged in. The I/O controls them to brighten when needed.. So try the I/O test to check each bulb and at least you'll know its communicating..

I'd hate to ship you this and you have the same issue. Like how many boards have you gone through, 2, 5?
I tried the I/O lamp test diagnostic about four times it's not communicating what's the bulbs
because I really don't want to buy Nother board off for you and have the same issue
They don't start the brighten up when you're on a winning symbol they just stay dim

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2019, 02:26:30 PM »
This is by far one of the best threads I've read in a long time.

My 2 cents worth, if it helps.

Recently I added backlit reels to 2 different games that never had them originally. One is a Double Diamond Deluxe and the second is an S+ Game in an S2000 Cabinet called Double Jackpot Haywire.

Neither game came with Backlit Reels, Controllers or Reel Harnesses. I borrowed Reels, Harnesses and other Hardware from donor cabinets, used the original MPU's, ordered Backlit Reel Strips and other pieces I didn't already have from a few of the vendors on here.

Needless to say, it was a plug and play conversion. No chip changes, different I/O Cards etc.

If you have the required components all hooked up in the right configuration,  yours should work just the same as mine are.

Dumb question, but are you using Backlit Reel Strips? I am not able to tell from any of your pictures. Sorry if you take that wrong, just want to be sure all bases are covered.

I would slow down, take a step back and look at everything once more and just be certain you are not overlooking the obvious. Check all connections for bent/missing pins, make sure plugs and components are properly seated, etc.

No one wants you to waste money on parts that you don't need. There are some excellent techs on this site and will help you any way that they can.

Another thing to check is your actual Bulbs in the Reels. Maybe they aren't the correct ones.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck, and you'll figure it out soon enough.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2019, 02:28:26 PM »

I tried the I/O lamp test diagnostic about four times it's not communicating what's the bulbs
because I really don't want to buy Nother board off for you and have the same issue
They don't start the brighten up when you're on a winning symbol they just stay dim
Ok, no worries. Hope you figure it out.

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2019, 02:46:23 PM »
This is by far one of the best threads I've read in a long time.

My 2 cents worth, if it helps.

Recently I added backlit reels to 2 different games that never had them originally. One is a Double Diamond Deluxe and the second is an S+ Game in an S2000 Cabinet called Double Jackpot Haywire.

Neither game came with Backlit Reels, Controllers or Reel Harnesses. I borrowed Reels, Harnesses and other Hardware from donor cabinets, used the original MPU's, ordered Backlit Reel Strips and other pieces I didn't already have from a few of the vendors on here.

Needless to say, it was a plug and play conversion. No chip changes, different I/O Cards etc.

If you have the required components all hooked up in the right configuration,  yours should work just the same as mine are.

Dumb question, but are you using Backlit Reel Strips? I am not able to tell from any of your pictures. Sorry if you take that wrong, just want to be sure all bases are covered.

I would slow down, take a step back and look at everything once more and just be certain you are not overlooking the obvious. Check all connections for bent/missing pins, make sure plugs and components are properly seated, etc.

No one wants you to waste money on parts that you don't need. There are some excellent techs on this site and will help you any way that they can.

Another thing to check is your actual Bulbs in the Reels. Maybe they aren't the correct ones.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck, and you'll figure it out soon enough.

Curtis ash100
this person that I was talking to yes the same machine as mine double diamond his back light reels work I still cannot get mine to work I was talk to another guy he tells me something to do with the logic circuit is not getting the lights to brighten up when when you're on a winning symbol
All the I/o cards are all good no thank pins

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2019, 06:38:18 AM »
The cabinet type (9", 16", or round top) doesn't make any difference.  As long as the game software supports it (yours does) and the machine has all the necessary hardware installed (yours does), it will work if all the components work properly.  Looks like you've already determined the backlight controller board is bad.  Hopefully replacing that will resolve your problem.
. I'm going to send you a picture of my multimeter you tell me what setting I should have it on it has been a long time since I used it

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2019, 01:29:15 PM »
That matches mine and my cabinet I/O is 75427601.
  here's the new board I got on ebay  I put it in to day and guess what this doesn't work either I don't know what to do
can it be something els
maybe am missing a component for this to work
can you send me pictures of the in side of your machine 

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2019, 01:38:54 PM »
Did you try swapping out that I/O card?

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2019, 01:41:39 PM »
It was suggested several times that it could be the I/O Card located on the side of the MPU Box.

Did you do the lamp tests?

Have you been reading what everyone is writing?

Stop jumping to conclusions about what's bad and not bad and listen to some advise. There are steps to follow while troubleshooting.

Do your Reel Lamp Tests and then let us know what you've got and we can go from there.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »
...I also noticed when I pulled the big plug from the backplane board the lights are still lit I wonder if that means anything...

By any chance, did you do this....with the power on?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2020, 03:58:18 PM »
It was suggested several times that it could be the I/O Card located on the side of the MPU Box.

Did you do the lamp tests?

Have you been reading what everyone is writing?

Stop jumping to conclusions about what's bad and not bad and listen to some advise. There are steps to follow while troubleshooting.

Do your Reel Lamp Tests and then let us know what you've got and we can go from there.

Curtis ash100
. What's the cabinet card have to do with the light's not coming on the answer to your question no I have not swapped out the cabinet card

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2020, 04:54:27 PM »
What's the cabinet card have to do with the light's not coming on the answer to your question no I have not swapped out the cabinet card
The cabinet card that's attached the right side of the MPU box has a harness that runs directly up to the bottom left plug on the backlight board....take a look.

The cabinet card is P/N: 14930200
The harness from the cab. card to the backlight circuit board is P/N: 607-459-09 A

Offline FORDF150

• NLG
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2020, 05:44:43 PM »
What's the cabinet card have to do with the light's not coming on the answer to your question no I have not swapped out the cabinet card
The cabinet card that's attached the right side of the MPU box has a harness that runs directly up to the bottom left plug on the backlight board....take a look.

The cabinet card is P/N: 14930200
The harness from the cab. card to the backlight circuit board is P/N: 607-459-09 A
. I might not know anything about this stuff would cabinet card have anything to do with the back lights not working

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2020, 06:04:26 PM »
Change the cabinet card and we'll see right?
Mine works fine.
You haven't answered my question in Reply #71.

We need to rule out whether or not that cabinet card you have works or not.
You could have burned it out.
Are the numbers on the card & harness like what I've posted for you?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal