New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Haywire going Haywire  (Read 1744 times)

Offline MazzMayhem

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Haywire going Haywire
« on: March 05, 2021, 10:01:52 PM »
Hello everyone, I just upgraded my DD Haywire S2000 with new mpu, enhanced soundboard ,backlit reels, controller etc. thanks to Jim and RB . The problem I’m having is the reels spin but don’t light up and every time the game goes into haywire mode the reels just spin slowly until I reset them with the JP key. The first pic is what the game is running now, the second pic is what was originally on the board I had to remove the reel chip just to get the game to play.

Offline MazzMayhem

• MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.MazzMayhem Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Haywire going Haywire
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 11:12:32 PM »
So I’m thinking the problems I’m having might be due to running a S+ game in a S2000 machine does anyone know what the S2000 version of DD Haywire is? Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 412
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 11:18:46 PM »
I had to remove the reel chip just to get the game to play.
That's impossible.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 11:40:01 PM »
You don't need that S+ chip just use the SB100155

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 01:33:46 AM »
Understood, I have been reading the archives for the last two hours  and I do have the right chips installed. Just can’t figure out why my backlit reels won’t light up and why when it goes into haywire mode the reels just do the continuous slow spin?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 03:22:19 AM »
Post a picture of your connections to the back light controller board  and the cabinet I/O board connections.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 06:09:45 AM »
Here are pics of how your backlit harness should be connected. Be sure you use the correct power connector and not the printer connector. I have seen that done by mistake before. When the reels are spinning slowly you have a reel tilt. Be sure those connections are good at the reels and at the motherboard. Also be sure the reels shelf screws are tight and look for any obstructions that would cause the reel baskets to rub on the display or on the reel light assy.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 01:58:54 PM »
I fixed the problem of the reel tilt during “Haywire” mode. Just reseated the reels and know they work fine. The enhanced sound is working perfectly as well. I do have a machine that has backlit reels so I am somewhat familiar with the setup. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in all connections. Swapped out the light controller, I/O board attached to the mpu, power cord from light board to I/O. Here are a few pics.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »
That all appears to be wired correctly. Have you confirmed that the reels lights are good? Do they come on dimly when idle? If the bulbs are good, maybe the controller board is bad.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 02:20:26 PM »
I swapped out controller boards with the one from my other machine that works perfectly. If one bulb is bad will it cause all the other bulbs not to work? I ran the reel bulb test and no lights came on at all. I have not tried swapping out the harness yet but I thought if the reels are spinning properly then it must be good?

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 02:26:29 PM »
I did just get a new set of backlit reels that Jim had just sent me let me try putting those in and I will let you know what happens.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 02:29:02 PM »
The lights and the stepper motor run on different lines.

Sometimes the lights work but the reels don't turn....rare but happens.

Do you know how to check a lamp bulb to see if it's any good with a multimeter?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 02:29:40 PM »
Leave the strips off and just put in the reels so you can better see the bulbs.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »
I have a multimeter if you tell me what to do I can check it. Here are a couple of pics of connections not plugged in, not sure if that means anything?

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 02:52:22 PM »
Swapped out backlit reels with the ones Jim just sent me and nothing. This one has me scratching my head.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 03:02:39 PM »
Can someone possibly advise me on how to properly check the light controller to see if it’s getting power.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 03:14:25 PM »
Led lamps or incandescents?

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 03:16:31 PM »
Incandescent

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 03:21:00 PM »
Use a meter or a test light. Solid orange +25VDC, Red +13vDC, the other 2 are grounds.

Offline MazzMayhem

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2021, 04:09:31 PM »
+25 Vdc on orange and 0 on the red is that possible?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal