New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 won't accept quarter's  (Read 8559 times)

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 won't accept quarter's
« on: September 22, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »
I have a s2000 that no longer accepts quarter's. I sold the machine everything worked perfect. Guy gets it home and doesn't work now. All limits are fine. Quarters just fall into the tray. I adjusted the sensitivity that made no difference. Light on cc is on. Where do I start to look for problem? I don't have spare parts on hand. Every machine I've owned has been coinless. Thanks for any input and help

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Re: S2000 won't accept quarter's
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
Will the game accept a bill and register credits?  Is the reference quarter inserted correctly into the comparator?

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »
I vote on missing sample quarter.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 02:12:48 PM »
If the sample quarter was missing, coin wouldn't drop period. It would get stuck at the top. Coins are passing thru to the tray. Possibly a bad optic board.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »
I could have sworn when my comparitor was missing the quarter, it would just drop to the tray.  The whole job of a comparitor is to compare sample to coin.  If the sample is "air" then anything would fail compare and the comparitor would reject the coin?  I need to try that to see if it will get stuck, it wouldn't make sense to me.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 02:56:10 PM »
Mike, Look at the clips on the CC like I told ya a while back. When I dropped the machine off to you I mentioned to make sure the CC is popped back into place after you travel with it. Not 100% sure that is the prob at this point but we did have a few coins fall through, remember? I popped the CC back into the clips (someone have a pic they can post of what clips I'm talking about?) and all was good again.

Let me know what you come up with. If you need anything, I got it.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 03:13:19 PM »
See pic.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »
I just had this problem on one of my Barcrest's. It was dirty optics

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 06:31:43 AM »
Yes there is a sample quarter in the cc. I've pulled the cc out and made sure it wa in the clips. I checked all the wires unplugged and plugged back in.  I've changed out the quarter  multiple times. I've tried over 50 different quarters.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 06:45:13 AM »
Which way was the sensitivity dial turned?  All the way to the left or right will produce differing results. 

If that doesn't change anything, I would think optics or another CC.
Thanks,
Jason

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 09:44:33 AM »
I've adjusted the sensitivity

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »
Did you try cleaning the optics as others suggested.  You may also have bad optics.  The optics board is the little pcb assembly right under the comparitor.

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 12:05:04 PM »
I did pull apart the optics and cleaned them, no change.

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »
sometimes when you sell a game to a home they play with  stuff   maybe the  messed with setting and its set on  non coin

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »
Went through all the settings, that was one of the 1rst things I did.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
Not much else to try...sounds like the CC may need to be replaced.  Can the seller send you a replacement to try?

Jason

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »
try sticking some paper in lockout to hold it open and see if coins go thur than

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
I tried the cardboard trick coins go to the tray. It's not my machine, I sold it and when he got home didn't take coins

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 09:16:26 AM »
looks like a bad cc then

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal