New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help identifying Bally slot machine  (Read 10522 times)

Offline kameronth

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kameronth New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need help identifying Bally slot machine
« on: March 15, 2018, 07:17:37 AM »
Hi all,

I was given this Bally machine.  It's still in Vegas with my brother but I'll hopefully pick it up this summer when I get some spare time to make the drive.  It has a tag on the side but I have not had luck finding any info from the numbers listed.  He said everything works great, but every once in a while the 3rd wheel will not stop spinning.  Here are some pictures:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Need help identifying Bally slot machine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
I can't quite see the number. It looks like Bally 866-2? Maybe someone else will know.
That's a GREAT looking machine. I love the glass - it just tells a story on its own, from days gone by. This looks to be a "jackpot only" machine from the appearance.
There are plenty of people here who can help you with this machine.  :yes:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:52:25 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:03:44 AM »
Numbers are hard to read. I think it reads 863. If that's right it's a Slim Line (5 coin multiplier)..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline kameronth

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 10:30:37 AM »
Sorry the picture wasn’t very clear. It says 863-2. So it looks to be a late 60’s early 70’s machine?  I think it’s great with the Vegas history because I was born and raised there. I can’t complain because it’s being given to me but the old age certainly makes me nervous about upkeep.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
Just for common information about Bally ID metal plates on the side of the machine.  If you want to know when that machine was manufactured look at the top of the plate, shine a light on an angle and you will see three sets of numbers stamped into the metal, that is supposed to be the date that machine was made.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline kameronth

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »
Thanks for the info!  It says 2 5 70.  So 1970.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »
Nice machine with the Golden Gate belly glass.
If the machine was from the Gate, most likely I dropped few coins in at some point.
And a good chance my grandfather did maintenance on the machine.
Golden Gate was know for their 50 cent Shrimp Cocktails and the restaurant had great prime rib dinner.
Did hit a $-6 spot for $1480. one night back in the 80’s at the Gate. Yes, back when the drinks were free and breakfast was 99 cents.

Offline kameronth

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 06:23:14 AM »
Thanks.  From what I have been told, it came from the Golden Gate.  The history is interesting!  I'm probably a little younger but I remember going to the Golden Gate for 99 cent shrimp cocktails - in the 90's.  I'm not sure what price they're at now!   

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 10:10:12 AM »
Keep us posted on the machine. And be CAREFUL AS HECK moving it. It's really easy to break the glass. Make sure it's secure, and padded. And, lock the door so that it doesn't open. AND... remove the hopper, or else you might get coins all over, where you don't want them.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline kameronth

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 11:55:02 AM »
I appreciate the advice.  I was just down in vegas two weeks ago and brought back a Game King but my brother didn't find this machine until a week after I already left.  I think my parents are coming up for a visit this summer so I am going to try and have it hitch a ride with them.  I'll pass this info on so it makes it in one piece. 

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 01:33:50 PM »
If something happened to the glass, you will never be able to replace it.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 05:34:19 PM »
Great machine, love the belly glass, I just looked the machine up 863-2 it was made for Bally with Lightning reels so it probably was a stock machine that either found its way to the gate or the belly glass was added later, either way doesn't really matter the machine is still not very common and the belly glass is awesome, like Gary said be very careful with the belly glass, if it gets broke you have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding another one....

Dave

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »

If you're not going to be there to babysit the machine on its transport to you I'd give some thought to removing the glass from the machine and putting each glass piece in a suitcase, wrapped in a couple of the towels from the Venetian (or 5 of the towels from Harrah's).   :garfield: 
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline kameronth

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »
I’m a little hesitant now sending it up with my parents when they come to visit. I’m sure they’ll put it in their travel trailer for their week drive up here. They plan on stopping at a lot of places along the way. I may just leave it with my brother until I get a chance to make the 20 hour one way drive again myself. I would be devastated if the glass broke.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 12:00:03 AM »
It could make the trip just fine, they will know how important it is to you. But precautions are needed, accidents happen, the machine is heavy so it could fall or lean over if not tied down or secured well and its own weight could press the glass against something like a table corner or a chair. They may have to brake quickly if a dog or something runs across the road. And something or someone could bump into the glass and crack it if its crowded in the trailer.

We've seen and heard about all kinds of tragedies related to glass, so that's what is behind the caution being talked about. Some folks that are extra-careful remove the candle on top, remove the upper and lower glass and pack it separately, or put thick pieces of foam and then some cardboard over the glass. I hope you never have a hard to replace glass get broken, but if you do you'll really feel the concern everyone here has.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 08:58:07 PM »
I had 11 machines shipped from Las Vegas to North Carolina in the back of a U-Haul trailer and they all made it here safe and sound, the seller took extra care and put thick cardboard and foam around each piece of glass and them used some of that stretch wrap they use on pallets, and wrapped each machine tight so that the glass could not vibrate during transport and the padding protected the glass from any wayward blows to the glass area, I think if your parents do something like that and secure it so it does not tip over you should be fine. They sell those rolls of stretch wrap at U-Haul, Lowes, Etc...

Dave

Offline kameronth

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 09:16:07 AM »
Well, it made it up to me safe and sound.  Besides replacing some light bulbs and a missing door lock, it works great!

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 09:25:58 AM »
Thanks for the update! You've got a nice game setup!

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 09:38:03 AM »
Nice game 👍 I like that belly glass when it’s lite up.
And remember...

Offline JanGbg

• Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
That machine looks extremely boring with few wins.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal