New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32 Questions  (Read 11062 times)

Offline alfa75

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • alfa75 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32 Questions
« on: January 17, 2019, 01:59:38 AM »
Hi
I have a new Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32 and have some questions which might be answered here in this forum. I heard from a supplier that there is software for this device which can only be used once (single use). How can I understand this, must be used in this with a dongle or how should it work? How can I see if an offer is a single use license? What are the different types of licenses?

I also have another question about changing games, is there a good guide somewhere to install Titanic or Cash Spin Featuring Quick Hit?

Can anyone tell me if one or more of these games would run on my Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32?

Elvis Lives
Elvis Shake Rattling Reel
MONOPOLY Money - 9 Lines
MONOPOLY Hot Shot
The Simpsons
Titanic Heart of the Ocean

Thanks a lot!

Offline alfa75

• NLG
Re: Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32 Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 02:05:37 AM »
mod, if the post would be better off there: Bally Alpha Reel Games, please move. Thanks a lot!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:15:49 AM »
I have never seen "one time use" software, I have no idea what your dealer means.  To change games, you will need the installer card and the game loader, OR an SSD with the game already installed.  Some games requires a newer version of the OS and/or newer bios.  Post what version of the OS and Bios you have (you can see it by going into the admin menus and hitting version).

As far as licenses, there are games that require a hardware dongle to run (it is theme specific) and the rest do not require a dongle, just the software installed properly on your SSD.  Only one game at a time can be installed on an SSD, so if you install a new one, the old one gets erased>

None of the titles you ask for will run on your game.
Elvis Lives is a WMS Gamesfield game
Elvis Shake Ralling Reel is a WMS Blade Stepper with wheel topper.
Monopoly money is a WMS Bladde Stepper with wheel topper.
Monopoly Hot Shot is a new style SG Gaming cabinet.
The simpsons is a WMS Gamescape cabinet game.

Titanic Heart of the Ocean is a Bally V32 WAP game also requires top LCD display with controller. (will not run stand-alone at home)

All games install the same way.  You need the instal CF card and loader (either CF or USB Flash drive based).  You power the game with both and just select install in the menu.  It will clear the previous game, and install the new one.  Once it is done, you power off, remove install cf and loader and boot machine, then go through normal process. There are quite a few bally alpha setup videos on you tube you can watch.  They are all basically the same, in the progressive settings, you can follow the steps, but when it comes to putting in the progressive information, you can just select default progressives.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 03:00:26 AM »
Here I have the information (Screenshot) which BIOS and OS I have installed. I have the Installer Card for Titanic and Cash Spin Featuring Quick Hit, does the BIOS and OS version fit? The part I don't understand is the one with the game loader, is it also a USB/CF module or is it part of the OS? Many Thanks!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 08:14:32 AM »
You have the latest bios for your CPU type.  Latest OF is 370C, but you are probably ok with 366J for v22/32 games.  There are loaders for OS versions (which typically include the compatible BIOS to go along with it), loaders for games, and then there is the install CF.  You need the install CF to install anything into your machine.  You put the install CF in the top slot and either the OS or game loader into the bottom slot (sometimes the loader comes in a usb flash drive, in which case you just plug it into any available slot).  If your loader is on a usb falsh drive, you need to make sure your logic door switch is open.  Sometimes, dealers put a jumper on the switch, so you would need to remove it to install a usb based loader.  Once the OS is loaded into the machine, you do not have to mess it with, unless you are upgrading the OS.  Typically all you do is switch the games with the installer CF and whatever loader media you have.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 08:35:05 AM »
I have these two install game cards (see picture, one is from the front and one from the back the same cards), one is Titanic (USB) and the other Cash Spin (CF). Do I understand correctly that I need an OS/Bootload card in addition to the two install cards? If so, how do they look like (possibly a type ore something similar) and where can I get them?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bally-Alpha-2-Install-Chip-227207F/292600175627?hash=item4420545c0b:g:c0EAAOSwjmFakeYm:rk:2:pf:0

This is the version I have.  The seller also has a newer version, but I have not tried the newer one that with the OS type you have.

Offline RVC

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • RVC New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 05:52:22 PM »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:29:27 PM by RVC »

Offline alfa75

• NLG

Offline RVC

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 12:27:35 PM »
Yes, that's the version

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 12:32:05 AM »
Thanks guys, you helped me a lot, I'm also looking for an Manual for my Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32, ideally where also the single parts like mpu (etc.) are pictured and described. Thanks a lot!

Offline RVC

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 05:44:14 PM »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:29:55 PM by RVC »

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 12:22:45 AM »
Yeah, I've seen this, but I'm looking for an manual for the V22/32 with the upper small screen and the lightning tube, ideally with part numbers because the base (the plastic) of the upper smaller upper screen is broken and so I can't mount it fix.
I've also check on this manual if I could find where the Nvram Battery are located, but I couldn't find. Actually I've an "Nvram Battery 1 low"  message when I boot the first time, then I switch the powe of, after them boot I must restart (a message shows up) it again and then it works normally. Is not a mayor issue but is but it's annoying. The Battery (CR2477N) I've allready ordered.
Thanks a lot.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 06:12:13 AM »
Pull the cpu out and you will see 2 batteries. If one is failing chances are the other will be  right behind it so replace them both.  They don’t last very long so stock up on them. Mouser is a good source, best prices.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 03:18:55 AM »
I'm still looking for the spare part between the upper screen and the case, it's the plastic protection which is broken. I also miss the fixing screws there, that means currently I have fastened it with cords so it doesn't fall down. Thanks!

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »
Now I've following message  :hissyfit:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 12:26:58 PM »
Did you clear the machine after you replaced the battery?

There's also one in the backplane, might as well replace that as well.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 12:33:52 PM »
How could I clear the machine?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »
you need an alpha 2 clear cf card.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 07:26:03 AM »
Are this the correct one I need?
https://www.ebay.ch/itm/254104304328?ul_noapp=true

I' m still looking for the "base cover" and the corresponding screws, because I don't know exactly what this part is called I have attached two pictures (not sure if this is the right screw, it's about 1cm long)

What I'm still looking for is the key (also a picture of the lock in the attachment) which fits at the doors of the MPU. Is this a standard?

I've understood almost everything, but not quite for what I need the OS? Which one would I have to order? Otherwise I would be able to order them in the same order and finally have everything I need.

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:03:59 AM by alfa75 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal