New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32 Questions  (Read 11056 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Alpha 2 Pro V22/32 Questions
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 02:58:35 PM »
You can just use a dime to turn that to lock/unlock mpu from the cage.  Or you can replace it with a thumbluck, that's what I did.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 03:03:06 PM »
Also that is a really old clear card.  I would look for the 360 clear.

Image taken from an old e-bay auction.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline alfa75

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • alfa75 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2019, 04:08:51 AM »
Many thanks, Any idea where I could get one of these? Ebay search was unfortunately resultsless.

I've a follow up question, I've planned to order also an OS Card, are this the correct one I need? https://www.ebay.ch/itm/370C-NEWEST-BALLY-ALPHA-2-PRO-OPERATING-SYSTEM-OS370C-USB-8GB-271640A/292920760968?hash=item4433701a88:g:LmAAAOSw~BRcQOOu:rk:1:pf:0. Are this also include the actually Bios Update, or what I would need additional if not? Is this compatible with the Bally Alpha 2 Install Chip 227207F installer card? Ore with version I need. Actually I'm would like to run Titanic, Cash Sping feat. Quick Hit and  Michael Jackson W.B.S.S. on it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:24:50 AM by alfa75 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2019, 07:03:21 AM »
There is no further bios update, you already have the latest version available for your mpu type.  Also the 3 games you mentioned will work fine with the OS you already have.  They will also run with the 370C OS.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 03:03:07 PM »
I need help, I've try to install the Titanic Software from a USB Flash, everything works fine until I'm was in the setup from the game (with the test button). After I've set the Ticket Printer and other setting in the same menu the machine was freezing. After a cold start I couldn't not go on the setting (purple menu) screen with push the test button. I've made a factory reset (push the button) and new install the OS 366J and the Titanic game software the settings (test button) still does not work. I've also tried with the OS 370 and the Titanic game software with the same result. Does anyone have any idea what this could be about?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
I've never had the issues you point to while installing it on my machine.  Since you are able to install 366J I am assuming you have the latest bios for your MPU type.  Are you sure you have main door open message on the screen during the setup procedure (it won't let you into the setup menu unless open door M is shown on the screen).

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 12:31:50 AM »
I've never had the issues you point to while installing it on my machine.  Since you are able to install 366J I am assuming you have the latest bios for your MPU type.  Are you sure you have main door open message on the screen during the setup procedure (it won't let you into the setup menu unless open door M is shown on the screen).
Thanks with the hint with the Door M, that was exactly the problem. I was now able to get the Titanic running and enjoy the whole weekend, thank you very much.  :dancing_2:

I still have a minor problem, I tried to set up the ticket printer. The Ticket Printer is a Bally GUR001209 Future Logic and in Device Setup the Voucher Printer is set to FutureLogic with 2D Barcode settings disabled. The test print from the settings works fine, but if I want to print while playing handpay always comes up (even with low amounts). I set Host Comm 1 (Protocol Select) to SAS Primary and Config Validation to System. Is there another setting that I would have to consider, or possibly have to set differently?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 11:26:28 AM »
Unless you have a TITO installed, you cannot select system, it will look for a host to validate the ticket if you do that.  You need to select standard if you do not have a TITO board installed in order to print tickets.  Also understand that if you do not have a TITO board, the machine will not accept the printed tickets.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
Unless you have a TITO installed, you cannot select system, it will look for a host to validate the ticket if you do that.  You need to select standard if you do not have a TITO board installed in order to print tickets.  Also understand that if you do not have a TITO board, the machine will not accept the printed tickets.
I've no TITO board I think. standard are not available in this setting, I've only enhanced and bally extended as choise in the dropdown.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
Then you need to change to an SJUR chip that allows for standard.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2019, 12:11:27 PM »
Then you need to change to an SJUR chip that allows for standard.
Ok, do you have a helpful link where I can get it and how to install it? This would be great.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2019, 12:16:52 PM »
You can place a WTB in the classifieds for it.  I believe California tribal allows for standard settings, just verify before you purchase with the vendor.  If you pull out the MPU, on the top right corner near the batteries, there is a small socketed 8 pin chip that is the SJUR.  It should have a label on it (sometimes it falls off) that says AVJUR....  When you get the new one, just swap them out.  Just take note on the orientation of the chip's notch, it has to go the same way or it will not work.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2019, 12:43:07 PM »
You can place a WTB in the classifieds for it.  I believe California tribal allows for standard settings, just verify before you purchase with the vendor.  If you pull out the MPU, on the top right corner near the batteries, there is a small socketed 8 pin chip that is the SJUR.  It should have a label on it (sometimes it falls off) that says AVJUR....  When you get the new one, just swap them out.  Just take note on the orientation of the chip's notch, it has to go the same way or it will not work.
What would I be looking for at the WTB? What would be a good title?

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 12:04:17 AM »
Figured it out, it's the Bally Alpha Jurisdiction Chip AVJURUSCATR0-02 California Tribal. Thanks again for your help!

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2019, 02:41:41 PM »
I installed the AVJURUSCATR0-02 California Tribal, before the Game Setup the following message (see photo in the appendix). But the eprom was detected in clear mode and I could clear it too. Could it be that the eprom is not in working order, or what could be the reason?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2019, 03:26:26 PM »
Does using the original SJUR fix the problem, if it does, then your california tribal eprom might be bad. I have never seen an eeprom error on my alphas though.  I would have assumed that if you had a bad sjur, you wouldn't have been able to even clear the machine, but again never having seen that error, I could not give you an answer with 100% certainty.  Experimenting with known good components is how I would try to fix it.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 12:08:26 AM »
Yes the original SJUR has fixed the problem, I will order an AVJURUSCATR0-02 California Tribal at another place and hope that it will be OK.

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 05:38:31 AM »
Now I got a new AVJURUSCATR0-02 California Tribal and used it. The error message did not appear anymore, but I now have the message: "Hard meters disconnected" (see also image), what else could this be, can adjust the settings of the game, even from the printer, but it does not start because of this message. As additional info, closing Door M didn't work either, I only opened it because otherwise I can't see the warning message.

Online idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 06:39:36 AM »
Check the jumper on J26 of the backplane to make sure it's connected.  That jumper (labeled COUNTERS), is there to bypass hard meters.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline alfa75

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 09:05:50 AM »
Check the jumper on J26 of the backplane to make sure it's connected.  That jumper (labeled COUNTERS), is there to bypass hard meters.
Thanks for your help. I found the J26, but there is already wired (look at the picture), where do I have to make the connection to make it work?

By the way, I got a message from Michael Jackson Icon that the door C is open, but I didn't find a door C in the manual and also in this forum.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal