New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS 40X dotmation sound problem  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Dax1592

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dax1592 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS 40X dotmation sound problem
« on: February 26, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »

I have a WMS Winning Streak that is having sound issues (that I caused). Had the machine since 2003, replaced power supply around 2008. Power supply crapped out again so I replaced it with a new ATX computer power supply. Everything went well until power supply was installed and turned on slot machine, it was on a few min and worked fine. Then a POP and some smoke from the card cage. Board had missing power LED's, I pulled the board and found that C59 (capacitor) had popped because I had hooked the +12v power from ATX supply to the -12v blue power lead on the WMS harness. I read the troubleshooting manual and checked D8 and D9 diodes, they appeared to be shorted so I replaced them and the capacitor. Checked the other capacitors (C51, C53 and C60) and seem to be ok. The machine functions perfectly except for the sound (repairs made no change, machine behaved the same prior to replacing parts) . Upon start up I get a single "BONG' and then the sound is distorted, loud thumping noise coming from speaker. When I insert a coin the coin sound effect plays and thumping stops until I spin the reels, then thumping starts again...I can hear the slot sounds as the speaker is thumping away. Any info would be appreciated...thanks

Offline Terps

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: WMS 40X dotmation sound problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »
I have never had an error like this, but here are some suggestions.  Attached is a picture of the I/O board and the sound components that it has.  Take out the I/O board and see if there are any burnt marks in any of these locations. It is possible that the I/O board has been damaged. Do you have another I/O board to test?  Also, the speaker may be effected. Have you taken the speaker off and inspected it?

Fusco

Offline Dax1592

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 05:48:57 PM »

[font=]Download Attachment[/font]
[font=]Available until Mar 28, 2019[/font]

[font=]Heres a link to video.... I cant find any burn marks and tried a replacement speaker with same results. I don't have a spare board. Thanks for reply. See if anybody else has a clue.[/font]

Offline Terps

• Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 05:53:27 PM »
Is the dot display working properly and just the sound issue?

Offline Dax1592

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 05:57:39 PM »
Yes sir...only issue is the pulsing sound.

Offline Dax1592

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 06:02:09 PM »
I had the board out of it all day yesterday. I put it back in this morning and the pulsing sound was gone for approx the first 30 sec the machine was on/played...then it started and wont stop

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 06:14:06 PM »
Ok, so it could be two issues.  The I/O board is damaged or the game software has been damaged. Did you remove the eproms and look at the U2, U3, U17, U18, U30 and U31?  If you have a eprom burner, read the chips and make sure that the checksums match the ones listed on the eproms. If not, read the chips and email me the checksums so I can match them up with my files.   My bet is the I/O board has been damaged.

Fusco 

Offline Dax1592

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 06:19:38 PM »
I did pull the 4 sound eproms...you listed 2 more that I dint pull. Ill look at them in the morning (at work tonight). I do not have a burner, is there a way I can read the checksums without it? thanks again really appreciate the help. I foresee a long wait if I need to find a new board/software.

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »
The only way to check the checksums is with a burner. Like I said, I think the I/O board is the problem here. I'll PM you with more details.

Fusco

Offline Dax1592

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 06:30:15 PM »
thanks....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal