New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Multi King 3802 I/O Board  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Nam328i

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nam328i New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Multi King 3802 I/O Board
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 01:16:50 PM »
Here’s the base chip. It has one slightly bent prong, but it does fit into its position nice and snug. The game chips seem to be securely in the correct placement, again...the exact same order that they were in on the old board.

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 01:28:01 PM »
Game chips on new board

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 02:30:38 PM »
Do you have 2 CG chips under the sound board? 

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 03:01:53 PM »
Are those chips installed in the proper places? In the 2nd pic the markings on the mpu board itself don't match the chips that are in the sockets. The game chips are in sockets marked pxl on the mpu board and vice versa

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 04:03:14 PM »
Your right Rep! If that is a 3902 board the chips are installed in the wrong plugs. Game 1 should be in upper right, Game 2 should be just under that and then the  PXL 1 should across from Game 1 and PXL 2 should be across from Game 2. Look real close on the board and you should see marks GME1 and right below that should be GME2. Then across from GME1 you should see PXL1 and across from GME2 should be PXL2.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 04:18:02 PM »
It's funny, I was looking at the pic to check the legs, like I said I had that one that was bent but it wasn't sticking outward but it sure wasn't seated as it should be, took me a bit to find that one lol. Anyway as I was looking I noticed the chips didn't match the MPU board markings as they should. Hopefully that's all it is and once in the proper places all is good for him! :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 04:41:05 PM »
Yes, the board is upside down, all 4 chips are in wrong place.

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 04:55:27 PM »
Also like sixcardmark said you might want to check under the Sound board that has the SIMM Card and make sure that those chips are in the right slot also. look close and look for CG1 and CG2.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 05:01:21 PM »
Agreed on all fronts, move the chips around, check under the multimedia lite board like Mark said, make sure they're all seated properly and hopefully you'll be good to go!! :)

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 05:12:20 PM »
That was a D’oh moment for sure. Upon startup, the colors seem to be off, and it is not showing certain touch screen boxes for setup. This screen is what I am left with, coin in error still showing.

Should I perform the clear key process again with the game chips in the correct slots ?

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 05:18:50 PM »
If you changed all the chips into the right slots I would do another keychip and see what that does.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2019, 06:17:49 PM »
Progress!! I can't see the color issue from your pic, the colors all look as they should to me. I would key it again for sure, wipe it all and start from scratch. The fact that it STILL thinks there's coin problems definitely leads my thinking away from the board at this point but one of the members here will get ya help with that. Key it again and clear everything and see what ya get. Can you elaborate on the color issue? The menu screen I see looks fine to me color wise so I dunno what issue you are seeing there?

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 07:18:29 PM »
Same issues after another clear. The color is so bad that I can barely make out what the screen is saying. Basically a random combination of turning the key and holding the reset button for 2-3 seconds. When I finally do make it to the main screen, same error.

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 07:20:02 PM »
More pics of the color issues...you cannot see the selected games

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2019, 07:32:26 PM »
Wow, that's very odd. I can only suspect the keychip itself assuming the non-key menus appear correctly. I run 5.3 on mine now but when I ran all prom sets like 4.3 I used a key17 which had no settings on it would just give a garbled purple screen after booting with it and letting the lights on the mpu all light up. I use a key40 now which is required for 5.x software. I'd assume a 22 works similar to a 17. Very interesting, I can only think of an issue with the keychip. I'm still newer to GK stuff, maybe some of the real pros on here might recognize the issue and know what the deal is

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »
Did you move the CG1 and CG2 chips over from your old 3802 board and install them?  They go under the sound card, they are color graphic chips.

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 08:09:19 PM »
I didn't know you could install a 3902 board into a 3802 older Game King machine. Learn something new everyday.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »
I also didn't know the chips under the MML board helped control color. I'm learning too lol. A day that passes without something new learned is a wasted day :)

Offline Nam328i

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2019, 05:56:55 AM »
Working on transferring the CG1 and CG2 chips from the old board to the new one today. Do I need to remove that smaller top board to access the correct placement for the CG chips?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2019, 06:18:49 AM »
Yes the sockets are under the MML sound board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal