New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Red White & Blue Deluxe Slant Top Confusing Errors Help  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Spadra13

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spadra13 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Red White & Blue Deluxe Slant Top Confusing Errors Help
« on: September 19, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »
I'm a noob to slots but I really tried to follow all the help available here and on the internet but I'm at a loss and hope someone can point me in the right direction.  So thank you in advance. I recently pickup up a IGT S+ Red White & Blue Deluxe slant top with an error 61, the seller did change the battery and I tested it and that's good with 3.6v. When the game boots it displays an error 61, I hold the test button for a few seconds and it goes to 61-1, I close the top and turn the jackpot key but nothing happens. The door optics are new and good and they look aligned, the stacker door switch appears to be good, and the jackpot switch is good. The only thing I'm not sure about is both candle lights are flashing and the "change" button is lit as soon as i turn on the machine, I'm not sure if that's telling me something. There is also no ding or sound anytime even when I put the machine into 61-1. I'm just not sure what could be going on with it, bad eprom or MPU. Any help is very much appreciated.

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ Red White & Blue Deluxe Slant Top Confusing Errors Help
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 09:25:22 PM »
The first thing I would check is where the pin is that releases the bottom door their is a cover that closes over that pin. Be sure that the cover slides over and covers that pin.
That will allow the door to completely shut all the way

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 10:22:45 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I pushed the cover over the pin and it still has the same issue, no change. Thanks

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 03:41:15 PM »
Make sure you have the belly door in place.  Slant top machines have an extra optical sensor for the belly door, and will detect the door as open (and not let you get past the 61-1) if the belly door is removed.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »
Thank you for the help. I looked everywhere on and around the belly door but my machine doesn't appear to have any sensor. When I've attempted the fix the error the belly has been closed.

Offline slots4home

• slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 10:34:47 PM »
My Gus’s would be something is keeping the top door from closing all the way.
Does it latch and lock when you close it?

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 10:39:22 PM »
If all else fails their is a chip on the motherboard that goes bad and will not allow you to get passed the 61-1 code. On some boards it is removable and others you need to replace the Motherboard.

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 11:26:34 PM »
My Gus’s would be something is keeping the top door from closing all the way.
Does it latch and lock when you close it?

Yes it does latch when I close it. The lock has been drilled out previously, so when it locks i have push with the end screwdriver to get the lock to pop back open. But I'm pretty sure it locks alright.

If all else fails their is a chip on the motherboard that goes bad and will not allow you to get passed the 61-1 code. On some boards it is removable and others you need to replace the Motherboard.

What chip goes bad?  I ordered a new eprom today hoping that might be the problem, but I'm just kind of throwing money at it hoping something will make it work. [/size]Thanks for your help.[/size]

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 06:06:01 AM »
Pm sent

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 06:43:37 AM »
on some slant tops they used several cherry switches to loop the door optic signal. besides the optics themselves and the cash can door switch, there were switches on the bill acceptor door, the door next to the bill unit (it has the lamp and power supply) the panel below the arm rest and sometimes they had them on the door at the bottom where the coin tray would slide into.  if any one of these is not closed then the door optic circuit will be open.  can you get into the test mode? ( with the door open, press the white test button and see what comes up on the display)  the display has a latch on it that will allow it to pivot down when the door is open so you can view it easier.     if you can get into the test mode, there is a test to preform to test the optics.   

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
on some slant tops they used several cherry switches to loop the door optic signal. besides the optics themselves and the cash can door switch, there were switches on the bill acceptor door, the door next to the bill unit (it has the lamp and power supply) the panel below the arm rest and sometimes they had them on the door at the bottom where the coin tray would slide into.  if any one of these is not closed then the door optic circuit will be open.  can you get into the test mode? ( with the door open, press the white test button and see what comes up on the display)  the display has a latch on it that will allow it to pivot down when the door is open so you can view it easier.     if you can get into the test mode, there is a test to preform to test the optics.   

Jim

Thank you Jim for your help. I've looked everywhere, I believe and the only sensors I see on my machine are the door optics and the cash door switch. When I boot up the machine it displays a 61 error and then when I hold the test button I get a 61-1 but I can't get it to go any further then that, also no sound or movement happens when doing this procedure. I've followed the steps outlined on the forum " Knagl's guide for the 61 error code" but haven't had any luck getting past 61-1. The only display changes I can do is if I boot the machine with the 61 error and turn the jackpot key I can hit the spin reel button and it changes the display numbers and eventually by hitting the spin reel button it goes back to 61. I'm not sure if those numbers can show me any information.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »
When you open or close the door and push the latch all the way down, does the number change at all in the [Coins Played] window on the far right of the display panel?  :scratch-head_2:

Wtch that window carefully as you push the latch fully down.

It's quite possible that they are not lined up correctly.

Use two pieces of masking tape and a felt tip marker to line up the door emitter & cabinet receiver optics.

If not, run the optics tests as Jim mentioned please.  :yes:

Do you know how to do it?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »

I don't think you can get to the self-test input tests when you're at 61 or 61-1.  :no:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »
 :I_agree_1:   :arrowthruhead:   :duh: 
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 12:21:23 AM »
When you open or close the door and push the latch all the way down, does the number change at all in the [Coins Played] window on the far right of the display panel?  :scratch-head_2:

Wtch that window carefully as you push the latch fully down.

It's quite possible that they are not lined up correctly.

Use two pieces of masking tape and a felt tip marker to line up the door emitter & cabinet receiver optics.

Do you know how to do it?

When I latch the door the numbers don't blink or change at all. I've tried the masking tape method and my lines match up when closed. I followed this method that Shaggy outlined to someone else on the forum "Put a piece of masking tape on the door and with the latch all the way down, mark the center of the optic with a sharpie, pencil what ever. Do the same for the cabinet. Close the door, do the marks line up?" If that's the only method then I think I did it correct. I've watched some of the IGT troubleshooting videos and I've seen the optic test preformed but unfortunately that menu is not available with the 61-1 error, or so I think. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, it's appreciated.

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »
TOPICS MERGED SINCE THIS IS THE SAME MACHINE WITH CONTINUED ISSUES. Please don't start a new subject when you've had a bunch of members helping you before. This way, they all know what has been done so far.
~moderator

Hi All, I've posted on here before with this sames slot but I got a new motherboard to see if that would fix my problem. I had a stuck 61-1, tried everything with no luck. Looking over the board with a magnifying glass I found a busted transistor so I figured maybe the board had more wrong with it.
So now 5 months later I got a new used board from ebay and I still can't get it to work, but I get some new codes when I try different combinations of chips.
The slot originally came with SS4867 labeled chips for the Game and Reel when I put those in the new board I get no numbers on the screen readout, jackpot light not blinking & the change light is not lit on the old board it would be stuck on 61-1 after doing the self test but would't get any further. I also have a set of SP731 chips (Game and Reel)  I got off ebay and when I put those in I get an error 62-1 with the jackpot light blinking and change light lit. Further experimenting I tried the SS731 Reel & SS4867 Game Chip and got an Error 61-1 after doing the self test and got a blinking jackpot light and change light lit.
I've never got it to make a sound since I got it last year. I'm very much a newbie I was hoping this new motherboard would have solved all my problems.
One other notable thing is there is a orange with white wire that is disconnected and just draped over a part by the hopper, I think it belongs to the hopper to detect how full it is? Not really sure I haven't been able to find many pictures of it online but maybe this is my problem?
To the best of my ability I have checked, aligned and replaced optics & slam switches and they seem to be in working order. Any help or ideas are appreciated.  Below are pictures of my old board my new board my chips and that loose wire.
Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:31:03 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 09:40:11 AM »
the first problem: you have the SP 731 and the SS chip in the wrong places.  before you swap anything, take a picture so you have a reference to compare. I would put everything back to its original condition and start over from the beginning.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 05:25:11 PM »
Thanks for your response Jim. I've attached some pictures of the way the board was setup in the machine when I got it. Has the positioning of the chips been wrong all along? Thanks

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »
SS goes in reel prom and SP goes in Game prom. One of each not both the same. Also make sure the notch faces the same way pictured on board
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Spadra13

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 06:14:31 PM »
SS goes in reel prom and SP goes in Game prom. One of each not both the same. Also make sure the notch faces the same way pictured on board

Thank you for the explanation. I'll give it a shot.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal