New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help quick!  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Need help quick!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 10:07:24 AM »
Well you swapped the EEPROM, so that isn't likely the cause of the problem.  There's not much on the motherboard that would effect reading/writing to the EEPROM, just a few resistors.  I'd try another MPU board first.

Offline SilverFerret

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • SilverFerret New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
Well you swapped the EEPROM, so that isn't likely the cause of the problem.  There's not much on the motherboard that would effect reading/writing to the EEPROM, just a few resistors.  I'd try another MPU board first.

Yes, I swapped the EEprom  but realized it was different on the 3902 motherboard so the original one is back in. I've erased the original EEprom with my chip burner and it says successfully erased it but the key chip process continues to get hung up on the "Clear motherboard E2" step. Do EEproms ever go bad even though they erase properly in the burners. I just can't see how it's not related to the EEprom somehow. I've also swapped CPU's as well as using a legacy board with a 3902 program and that also won't get past the Eprom step. I'm stuck.
Thanks, Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 10:01:59 AM »
Yeah it's possible.  Create a file with all zeros, then write and verify it.  If it's good erase it and it should be all FF's.  If that works then the EEPROM most likely good.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »
Yeah it's possible.  Create a file with all zeros, then write and verify it.  If it's good erase it and it should be all FF's.  If that works then the EEPROM most likely good.

Not sure if I did what you asked but I think so and this is the result (pictured).
Let me know if it looks correct or I need to do something else.
Thanks, Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 11:21:57 AM »
That EEPROM is definitely bad.  Those 40's should be 00's and you can see there's a pattern to it as well.  I have some extras if you PM me an address I'll send ya one no charge.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 11:25:23 AM »
That EEPROM is definitely bad.  Those 40's should be 00's and you can see there's a pattern to it as well.  I have some extras if you PM me an address I'll send ya one no charge.

That'd be awesome. Will do.
Thanks. Jim

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2019, 03:53:11 PM »
Thanks to Tilt, I've made it past the keychip process and game set up but my difficulties are not over. When I exited the keychip process and arrived at the screen pictured below, I have no touchscreen and it's locked up. It won't accept bills and the buttons aren't lit up. Any ideas?
Thanks, Jim
P.S. It's a brand new Ceronix monitor (6 months old) that I've never trouble with before.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2019, 04:03:28 PM »
Open door, turn reset key (I think twice) to get into touchscreen calibrate...

Check also if the Novram plug is loose on the TS driver board.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2019, 04:05:20 PM »
Open door L is MPU logic door.  Pull mpu tray and look above where it slides in.  You will see wires you can jump to close the circuit.

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2019, 04:36:14 PM »
Open door L is MPU logic door.  Pull mpu tray and look above where it slides in.  You will see wires you can jump to close the circuit.

Thanks but I'm going to need a picture or something to know what you're describing.
Can you point to it from the picture below?
Thanks, Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2019, 04:42:37 PM »
You need a jumper on J1 of the motherboard.  If you have your 3902 motherboard still steal it from that.  It's just a standard jumper used on computer motherboards etc.  Glad the EEPROM issue is resolved  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »
Problem solved! You guys are great. Thanks so much Tilt!
Jim

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »
Oh wait! I have no sound!. It doesn't matter where I adjust the sound level... nothing.
Is that a keychip thing that I missed maybe?
Thanks, Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »
Good deal!  Except for the sound, that's not good.  99% of the time in my experience a 044 with no sound is a bad flash card.  There's not anything in the keychip menus that would allow you to turn off the sound. Not sure where you got the the 044 hardware, but if you can I'd try to get a different flash card and that will probably take care of the sound problem.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 06:18:42 PM »
Try rebooting...you may get sound.  I have to reboot for sound once in a while with flash boards.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2019, 06:26:25 PM »
I had one that when it booted up wouldn't have any sound.  If you left it on for a few minutes to warm up and then rebooted it the sound would work until you turned if off and it cooled down.  It eventually failed where it didn't ever get the sound back even after it warmed up. 

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2019, 06:47:37 PM »
Well that sucks. At work now but will play around a bit tomorrow before work. Hopefully it's something simple but it doesn't sound like it.
Thanks, Jim

Offline SilverFerret

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2019, 02:38:57 PM »
Okay, I think I figured it out and it's good news! I turned the machine on this afternoon and all was well.
This is what I found and I believe this is it:
During the keychip process I enabled player sound adjustment. When the player adjustment sound level is on the lowest of the three settings, there is no sound but when it's on setting two or three, the sound is great. I played with it a couple times and each time it was the same result. If it stays this way everything is perfect!
Thanks for all the interaction to get me up and going. It's really appreciated.
Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »
That's great news!  Glad that is was something simple and not the flash card.  I hadn't thought of the player sound level setting, so I learned something too.   :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal