New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GameKing Weak Monitor & w/ Snivvets  (Read 659 times)

Offline irascible51

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • irascible51 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
GameKing Weak Monitor & w/ Snivvets
« on: November 10, 2019, 04:36:00 PM »

What's the cheapest way out for replacing my monitor?     Sure I'ld rather have a LED monitor but they're $400 & up.   Dim monitor here and it has rolling vertical lines as well.

Bob P.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: GameKing Weak Monitor & w/ Snivvets
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 04:51:50 PM »
LCD...not LED....  :fryingpan: 2 different things....lol

LCD means "Liquid Crystal Display" and LED means Lucky Evil Devil's....lol just kidding...."Light-Emitting Diodes"

Cheapest way is to buy a 19" LCD on ebay ( Be careful about exact sizing width and length) and the special black material tape that goes around the edges.
Usually you'll need the power adapter for it as well unless it has it's own internal built-in power converter and just need the power cord and another power outlet to plug it into.
You won't believe how cheap a 19" Dell Ultrasharp square ( Dont get the "widescreen" ones ) LCD desktop monitor goes for nowadays!!
I got mine for like $38 with shipping!

You'll probably have to drill a couple of holes to fasten it to the existing door mounting bracket.
Lot of minor modifications and it can be done.

I've built a few LCDs adding the touchscreen glass and a controller.
Don't forget to get the skinny double-side foam adhesive tape to hold and separate the touch screen panel onto the LCD panel.

Otherwise, place a WTB ad in the Classifieds Section of NLG and cross your fingers!  :yes:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline irascible51

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 06:42:18 AM »

Wow "Bunker" you are a pillar  of wisdom.    Sounds like a project but that's okay cause I always get myself into trying to invent the wheel.
Now how did you work in the touch screen part of the monitors that you are proposing (yeah, $38.00 sounds about my price.).    And what did you do, work in another cord (extension cord) from the holes in the bottom of the machine?

Thanks,

Bob

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 09:40:47 AM »
well...I don't have a cabinet so everything is spread out on a workbench.
I just plug into a light bar strip.
If I were to install into a cabinet door, I would route the plug to the Service outlet on the side of the power distribution box.
A little modification is needed sometimes just to move the outlet to the side of the box rather than on the front of it.

The touchscreen controller boards are dirt cheap but the touchscreen glass it's important to find the right sized TS glass that uses the 5-pin Black Molex connector to the touchscreen controller board.
The TS glass sometimes can be found online at good prices too....new ones for 19" can run pretty high if you're not careful shopping around.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline irascible51

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 11:13:54 AM »
Hey Mark,

Please this one out for me....on my Deluxe Haywire.

Instead of risking the bending of the IC Chips (# 45) this other member recommended this procedure.  I can't my buttons jibe with his instructions...my cash out etc.   Not a match here.
p.s.     I got a "Theoretical Pay Out % of 89.99 %    what does that mean and I'm not even sure how I got to it.....not from what I'm showing you here below

What is your current payback %?  By default they will be at the highest (usually 98%).  Here's how you can check, no keychip etc required.Press the MPU self test buttonPress the cash credit button 6 timesPress Spin reels 2 timesPress cash credit 1 timeYou should see 7.1.2 in the display along with game selectionPress Spin Reels 1 timeIt should show you the payback percentage and game #.  If it says Game#1 it's already set at the highest (most liberal or loose) as it can be.  If says Game#2 or higher then you'll need to key the machine to change it.To return to normal game play simply close the door.

Offline irascible51

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:42:03 AM »

So which ones are the Cash/Credit button.  I have The Change button for "Up" and the Cash Out for the "Down".      Then my Enter is the "Spin Reels" button.    I am "flummoxed"

Hey those Subaru's are the bear in the snow aren't they?    I equipped mine with 4 snow tires and I studded them myself.   Who else mounts their own tires...except cheap skates (thats spelled frugal) like me.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 12:56:37 PM »
Turn the reset key on the side of the machine once, that gets you to Accounting on your VFD screen.

Press the Spin button once.

Press the Cash Out button 4 times, that gets you to Version Accounting.

Press the Spin 2 times, that gets you to PV1.

Press the Cash Out button 6 times, that gets you to PV10 .

Now you see what Haywire's game percentage is.

Offline irascible51

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 01:00:15 PM »

Super!    I'll try it..     Was just moving my Harbor Freight engine hoist around anyway.

Offline irascible51

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »

Sucess!    The envelope please and the answer is 89.99%      "yeah this is what I stumbled on" a while ago just by accident.   Theoretical Pay Out.    What member "Tilt" was trying to zero me onto last night.  Now how to increase the "theoretical pay out"

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 02:24:16 PM »
You must keychip the machine (when it has zero credits).  Go to 7.1.2 (game selection) and increase it.

Offline irascible51

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 02:27:35 PM »

I'll dare to get the # 45 chip back in tomorrow.   Thank you for the heads up with this machine.  I'll try this direction on the menu's.

b.p.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 03:34:22 PM »

So which ones are the Cash/Credit button.  I have The Change button for "Up" and the Cash Out for the "Down".      Then my Enter is the "Spin Reels" button.    I am "flummoxed"

Hey those Subaru's are the bear in the snow aren't they?    I equipped mine with 4 snow tires and I studded them myself.   Who else mounts their own tires...except cheap skates (thats spelled frugal) like me.

Your buttons may be labeled differently.  Change may be service, Cashout may be cash/credit etc, but here 's diagram of the buttons and their function when you're in Operator, Attendant, or Keychip menus.

We're getting off topic a bit with S2000 talk in the I-game forum, but it's your thread so we'll let it slide.

Offline irascible51

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 03:41:13 PM »

Yeah, I managed to get those buttons labeled out on a hard copy printer that I was using.   Matched what was on my machine too.   89.99 %

Sorry if I were out of the format here....jumping pages.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal