New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Confetti Screen after changing GK software to Munsters  (Read 2402 times)

Offline r13wood

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • r13wood New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Confetti Screen after changing GK software to Munsters
« on: December 11, 2019, 01:55:25 PM »

I have a quick question hopefully someone on here can answer it.  I have a Gameking running the 3902 mains.  I bought some new GMEs and SIMMs to change the game from the GameKing software to "The Munsters", but the GMEs say I-Game on them.  I have been getting the confetti screen and checked all the EPROMS and SIMMs and they are all aligned correctly and in the right direction.  Will the 3902 play GMEs that are for an I-Game?  My Gameking has only the 1 row of [HOLD] buttons for Poker, but I also have an I-Game that has the 2 rows of buttons.  The machine is doing a RAM clear with the Key40 chip, but then it just goes to the confetti screen.  I can't put the 3902 mains on my I-Game because it is running the 044.  If it helps, here is the software I am trying to install....
Also if anyone has a chop top 17" set of glass for The Munsters I will buy it from you at a reasonable cost.  Not what people have been trying to sell it for on ebay for the past year. 

Base: I0000499
GME1: G0000912
GME 2: G0000912
CGF: C0000379
PXLF3: C0000379
PXLF4: C0000379
DSS: DSS00055
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:26:50 PM by Tilt »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Re: Game King Software ???
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 02:21:24 PM »
Post a pic of he board with the mentioned software installed. I don't know what you are callng "mains". You need a legacy board aka  Memory 1 board on an 044 MPU to use 3902 software. It also needs a DSPL0006 chip.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Re: Game King Software ???
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 02:44:41 PM »
3902 MPUs are used in both Game Kings and I-games. You don't need the second button deck, you can select the lines you want to play from the touchscreen menus.  You'll get a confetti screen when the MPU isn't booting correctly.  Since the MPU board was working with the GK software and boots with a keychip we'll assume it's good.  That leaves your new software or it's installation on the board as the most likely cause of the problem.  GME1 and GME2 in the right spots?

Offline r13wood

• NLG
Re: Confetti Screen after changing GK software to Munsters
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 10:59:21 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for the quick reply guys.  I should mention that I bought a 2nd 3902 MPU so that I do not have to keep swapping the software out if I want to ever change games again as there are a lot of chips to pull for the Gameking software.  lol.  I am not installing it on the 044 MPU so I will not need the Legacy Board correct?  I attached a picture of the MPU without the sound board.  I know the one GME is oriented the wrong way in the picture as I thought this was the initial problem.  It is now switched the correct way and the problem continued.  When I bought the MPU, it was advertised as "tested and working" but I have not put a confirmed working software in it, so it could be an issue with the MPU, but the Boot chip seems to make the most sense. 
What would come up on the screen if I just put the MPU in with the Boot chip without doing a RAM clear?  I imagine it would show a RAM Error?  Right now it is giving me the confetti screen.  I am trying to eliminate constantly removing the boot/clear chips every time I troubleshoot it.  It should not bring up a confetti screen if I do not RAM clear the machine correct?  Also, does it matter which slot the PXL SIMMS go in?  Thanks for all your help guys.   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:14:16 PM by r13wood »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 02:40:09 PM »
One of your GME chips is installed backwards & there are no static ram chips on the board RM 1 & 2. It shouldn't boot at all. Turn your GME 2 chip around where the notch on the chip matches the one in the socket. Hope it isn't damaged. I have static ram chips if you need them. Meanwhile you can borrow them from your other board.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 02:55:14 PM »
Thanks for your help.   I will buy those static ram chips from you.   I did turn the gme around and when I get home I will try switching the static ram chips maybe that will fix the problem.  I am assuming these are general chips that needs to be on every board to help boot a game on the MPU?   They are all the same?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »
Yes they maintain your current game info so when you turn it off & back on the credits are still there provided you have a good battery. Other settings such as accounting info, denomination settings & game % are stored on the MB eeprom & should be retained even in event of a battery failure.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 04:20:08 PM »
I switched all the game to my 3902 MPU that was running the gameking software.  So I know that board works.  It is doing the same thing. 

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »
like RB said earlier, did you line up the notch on the chip with the notch on the socket?.. backwards or bent pins will do that.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
Could be a bad simm. Check the dips on the PXLs. PXL3 should be on, on, on, off 1-4, PXL4 off, on, on, off. Normally that will cause an error if not set correctly. Bad CGF can cause confetti display.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 09:36:42 PM »
All the DIPs are set correctly.  Everything looks oriented correctly.  Its not working on either board.  Does it matter what slot the PXL simms are in?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 09:56:58 PM »
No, it doesn't matter what slot they're in.  Try booting it with just the base and GME's installed (remove all the simm cards).  If it cycles through a few colors on the screen and then comes up with an error then one of the simm cards are bad.  If it's still confetti then one of the EPROMs is bad.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 07:36:13 PM »
Did you get your problem resolved?

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »
Not yet I sent the GMEs and Boot Chip back.  Still waiting on a return. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 09:22:48 PM »
Ok, hopefully that will resolve it for you.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 09:52:23 AM »
So I received the working GMEs back yesterday and that fixed the confetti screen, but now it is cycling through the colors for about a minute amd then comes up with a PIXEL ERROR screen.  What are the odds....  A bad GME from one vendor and a bad PXL from another.  It is doing exactly what Tilt described earlier.  The good news is that the guy I bought the PXLs from is about 4 hours away and I am going to be in his area in about a week.  I am going to take the whole MPU to him and he is going to fix the PXL and test the board before I pick it up. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 11:19:01 AM »
Bummer, but you're making progress.  Before you make a 4 hour trip double check your PXLF SIMM dip switches.  PXLF3 should be ON ON ON OFF.  PXLF4 should be OFF ON ON OFF.  That's going SW 1 to SW 4.  If those are correct then one of the PXLF SIMMs is bad.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 11:58:58 AM »
I did check the dip switches.  They are all correct.  He even had me try a different configuration and that brought up the confetti screen so I switched them back.  I will update the situation in a week. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 12:24:38 PM »
Doh, I missed RB's post :banghead:   Never hurts to double check though.  Ok they should be able to reflash and/or replace your bad SIMM.  That should get you up and running.  Good luck.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 06:58:22 PM »
Update......  So I took the whole board in.  He said it was Pixel 4 that was corrupted.  He cleared it and reinstalled it on the SIMM.  I get home, do a RAM clear, Install the Boot Chip back in and I am getting the same message.  (I get the colors and then a Pixel Error) He told me I should use a clear 22 on it.  I have been using a Clear 40 which worked great on the original Gameking Software that was on it.  That is all I have.  Could this be the issue? 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal