New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Confetti Screen after changing GK software to Munsters  (Read 2400 times)

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Confetti Screen after changing GK software to Munsters
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 06:59:59 PM »
if you want to try a key 22, pm RB here on the site. he can get ya one

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2020, 07:58:20 PM »
Update......  So I took the whole board in.  He said it was Pixel 4 that was corrupted.  He cleared it and reinstalled it on the SIMM.  I get home, do a RAM clear, Install the Boot Chip back in and I am getting the same message.  (I get the colors and then a Pixel Error) He told me I should use a clear 22 on it.  I have been using a Clear 40 which worked great on the original Gameking Software that was on it.  That is all I have.  Could this be the issue?

Key 17 is actually the proper key for your game software.  It doesn't have a menu system or a clear function.  Wouldn't make any difference anyhow, running a clear isn't going to fix your problem.  Did he replace the SIMM card or just reflash it? Did you see it work afterwards?  Reflashing for me has worked less than 1% of the time, usually the SIMM card itself is what is bad.

Offline r13wood

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • r13wood New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2020, 08:26:01 PM »
I am pretty sure he just re-flashed it.   So you think it just needs a new SIMM altogether?   He took it to another shop so I never saw it start up I don't know if he tested it or not.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 08:50:21 PM »
Yeah, more than likely it is. 

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2020, 07:04:31 PM »
I talked to him and he said that he changed out the whole SIMM.  I thought maybe my MPU had bad connectors on the Pixel receivers, so I swapped all of the GMEs/PXLs/ect to another 3902 MPU and it is doing the same thing.  It cycles through the colors and then brings up a Pixel ROM Signature Error.  Not sure what causes a Signature Error.  I did get some new reproduction "Munsters" glass from him very inexpensively, but it will do no good if I dont get this thing up and running. 

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »
maybe somehow the dip switches got bumped after he tested it?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2020, 07:35:52 PM »
Corrupt data, mismatched software, or bad hardware is what causes a signature error message. The machine reads the data from the simms while booting and compares the checksum from that data to a known value that is should be.  If it doesn't match you'll get a signature error message (or in some cases a checksum error).  That's what is happening in the background as you watch and wait as the screen colors rotate red/green/blue/purple/yellow. 

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »
Is anyone in the Southern California area that would know how to fix this?  I am already invested way too much in shipping costs/GMEs/SIMMs ect.. I hope that the software numbers that I got are actually correct from the source that I got them from.  That seems to be the only logical sense of why this is not working. 

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »
just checked your base and gme #'s.. they appear to be correct.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »
These were the software I was told I needed.  Can somebody please confirm them to make sure it is the correct software set?   

MUNSTERS MD 9LN
[/size][/color]
[/size]Boot/Base:  I0000499[/color]
[/size]GME I - G0000912 [/color]
[/size]GME II - G0000912[/color]
[/size]CGF - C0000379[/color]
[/size]PXL 3 - C0000379 [/color]
[/size]PXL 4 - C0000379[/color]
[/size]DSS - DSS00055[/color]

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 03:10:13 PM »
It's correct.  Wizeone posted PSRs for your chipset.  It's 9L single denomination though, not multi as you wrote.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2020, 06:56:50 PM »
Thanks for all your help on this topic everyone.  I am not really sure what to do next on it.  It seems to be one problem after anotherI have already spent too much money on this software set.  If anyone has further suggestions for next steps that dont require me shipping or buying more, I would appreciate it.     

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2020, 10:18:18 PM »
Not sure what you expect anyone to do for you.  Your software is bad.  You can buy your own programmer, replacement SIMM, and fix it yourself.  Or just put your old board/software back in the machine, cut your losses, and call it a day.  Next time purchase your software from a reputable vendor who will take care of problems like this.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2020, 10:37:59 PM »
I read this thing.
I have 2 questions.
Did you ever see it work at the guy's place or not?
Will he test your MPU along with the chips to see if he can get it going for you?
It can't cost too much to mail the whole board with questionable software to him in a flat rate box?

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 07:19:35 AM »
I did not see it work at his place.  He took it to another shop.  All of the DIP settings were correct.  If anyone can burn me new PXL SIMMS that work, I will buy them.  It seems to be the PXL, not sure if the CGF would give a similar error, but I will just cut my losses and buy new PXLs for it.  He gave me a really good deal on the glass, so I guess I can deal with the loss of the Pixels, lol.     

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2020, 08:05:17 AM »
PM sent

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2020, 02:15:44 PM »
Trying to reply to your PM r13wood. Clean out your inbox. It is full...……...RB
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2020, 11:06:08 PM »
Machine is FINALLY up and running.  Thanks to RB for the help and the working SIMMs.  The game took a really long time to clear, but in the end the it booted up and entered the Key Chip menu, and is running great!  Thank you all for your help! 
I have 1 more question on this machine maybe someone can answer.  I am having a hard time finding the menu to change the credit accepted limits and coin acceptor demonination.  Right now it will only let me put a $50 in it.  Anything past that spits the bill back out.  I remember doing it a few times on the GK software that was previously on it, but now I cant find it.  It is a key chip option?  It has a hopper but I use a printer to cash out.  I just use it to store nickels that go into the coin drop.  I would like it to be able to accept nickels to store change but cant find that menu either. 

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2020, 11:23:59 PM »
Glad those simms did the trick.  :cool_thumb_up:   

You need to raise the credit limit and maybe the acceptor limit too. No keychip required.

With NO credits on machine:
press white button
select setup
select machine options
select limit setup

You will need to keychip machine to set denom and enable printer.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 11:39:21 PM by sixcardmark »

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2020, 10:10:59 AM »
Yea.  Thats what I did on the GK software that was on the board but now there is no "Select Limit Setup" option.  I attached a picture of the menus I have. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal