New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie-- First Machine IGT S+ dreaded 61 loop  (Read 534 times)

Offline lifefloat

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • lifefloat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newbie-- First Machine IGT S+ dreaded 61 loop
« on: January 25, 2020, 02:13:35 PM »

Greetings to all. First post here. And my first slot machine.

I've read a lot of posts covering the basics of the S+ machines and learned a lot from this board. So glad it is here. I will be contributing some $$ as I owe it to the wealth of knowledge here.

Anyway...…...what I have is an IGT S+ Double Double Diamond. Three reel.

Model # B5036CFIW  5/95

10mhz board
CC-16 comparitor
DBV-200 validator

Clean machine

Was not working when I received it. Had the 12 code.

First thing I did was fully cleaned the machine. New lamps. New starters for the fluorescents. Fuses checked. Found a burned 3.9 ohm resistor on the motherboard. That has been replaced now. (thx RadioShack) Was also missing the jumper to the CC-16. That has been replaced also. (thx Spin Inc.) The candlestick was pretty faded out too so I replaced that with a brand new unit. (thx eBay)

After battery replacement, had the 61 code. Hit the reset button and got 61-1 and a ding. Closed door and reset jackpot.

nada

Back to 61

Turn off machine.

Went through the process again and cannot get a tone or a 61-1. Just 61.

I have done it several times now and have had it a few times where I get reels to spin and data displayed in both the coins played, winner paid, and credits.

But alas, it just keeps getting back to 61.

I have flashing light on the candle, lit denom, and 61 at this point.

The MPU looks clean as a whistle. No cracked chips, no bent pins, no visible sign of corruption.

Chips in the MPU are labeled with stickers. They are hand written. I'll do my best to transcribe them.

CMOS: Slot CMOS I81
GAME PROM: SP731
REEL PROM: SS6205 (5100) 27064

Dip switch has eight switches. Switches are set as: 1,2,3,4 OFF 5,6,7,8 ON

Anyone who has a solution or advice on what I should or should not do next, please respond at your leisure.

Thanks a bunch

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: Newbie-- First Machine IGT S+ dreaded 61 loop
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
My next thing to tell you is to do a clear on it when all else fails

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »
One more thing to try is pull the cmos chip for 10 seconds and replace it
Be sure not to turn it the opposite direction

Offline lifefloat

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 02:56:31 PM »
I think I'll wanna get the right tool to pull that chip first. Don't want to caveman the thing with a screwdriver. Or am I just being overly cautious?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 03:04:39 PM »
If you go slowly and work at it from both ends (switch back and forth through the process), you can do it with a screwdriver. Make sure you're positioned between the socket and the EPROM chip, not between the board and the socket (ie. be careful not to pry the socket off the MPU board).

More than likely you're going to need a RAM clear chip. If you have a bill validator, you'll also need a SET chip to re-enable it. You should be able to buy the pair of chips for $10-$20.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Online erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 03:19:42 PM »
I just had the same thing happen yesterday. Had to clear.

Offline lifefloat

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 09:20:14 AM »

Just a quick follow up on my new machine.

Performed the clear chip procedure and now have a completely operational machine.

Pretty darn cool.

Thanks to all who offered their advice on the matter.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 01:44:08 AM »
Glad to hear it.  Enjoy your machine!
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal