New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Error 61 Disappeared? [Troubleshooting Post]  (Read 545 times)

Offline PrincePonk

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PrincePonk New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Error 61 Disappeared? [Troubleshooting Post]
« on: January 31, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
I recently purchased a non-functional IGT S+ (Ten Times Pay). It didn't come with a key, but I managed to open it and boot it up. Almost immediately I was hit with error code 12, which doesn't surprise me. I pulled out the MPU and checked the battery -- which was completely dead. No problem! I followed the guide on this post about changing the battery.

After I installed the new battery I saw code 61, which I expected from the video. I held down the test switch and heard the sound and saw the 61-1 appear. However, at this point I don't have a jackpot key, so I set about trying to pick the jackpot lock. During this time I think the menu timed out, because when I checked again nothing was displayed on the LCD screens.

Now whenever I boot it up the lights come on and the bill validator starts up (flashes blue with red x) but nothing shows on the LCDs and the only response is the sound from entering test mode.

I tried:
- inserting a coin to see if just the display has died
- repeating the steps from the video with turning the jackpot key (I realized it doesn't need to be picked)
- reinstalling the MPU a couple times
- restarting the machine several times

I've been scoping out this forum for about a week but I haven't seen anything that looks like this, any advice? I'm stuck. I'm happy to post pictures or whatever else you think would be useful.

Thanks a bunch!

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: S+ Error 61 Disappeared? [Troubleshooting Post]
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 04:06:07 PM »
You do not need to pick the reset lock you just need to touch both wires together only for a second or two.
I would pull the CMOS chip for 10 seconds and reinstall then see if you get the 61 code

Offline PrincePonk

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 06:39:45 PM »
Thanks for the tip about the reset lock. I tried pulling the CMOS chip but no dice, still shows nothing on the displays. Any other ideas?

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 06:52:20 PM »
Their is a plug that runs from the mother board to the power supply that has a white end. Wiggle that plug and see if the reels move

Offline PrincePonk

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 07:16:22 PM »
I tried reconnecting that plug a few times and gave it a wiggle with the power on. The reels appear to have power, I can feel a slight resistance from each motor when I try to turn them. The pins on that connector all look clean (unlike this thread though my issue is the same).
I'll double check the fuses and make sure they're all still good.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »
top to bottom: 6A, 8A, 6A quick blow fuses only
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline PrincePonk

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:29:28 AM »
I checked the three fuses, they all look in good shape and I tested them with my multimeter. After checking the fuses I when I booted it up this morning I noticed that the bill validator goes through it's startup routine but now the blue ambulance and red x are no longer lit (a good thing?).

I'm not sure how useful this information is but the bottom (orange) light of the candles flashes relatively quickly while the machine is turned on. Still nothing on the displays though. Any other suggestions?

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
"blue ambulance and red x are no longer lit"....Will the bill acceptor take in a one dollar bill?

It sounds like it's in a "ready" state?

Maybe the machine is waiting for money but the display panel is burned out?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline PrincePonk

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 12:22:14 PM »
Alright, I've made a bit of progress:
Your suggestion about the display was correct - I wiggled a couple of the display connections and got it back online. As before it shows error 61. However now when I press and hold the white reset button (by the power) it doesn't chime and doesn't change to 61-1.

I rigged up a way to turn the jackpot key with the machine closed and using that I can get into the menu. The "coins played" display flashes between 0 and 1, and I can change it by pulling the Lever, pressing buttons, or turning the jackpot key again. I think I'm in the menu now but I'm not sure what settings I need to start it up. I tried reading this PDF about the test menus, but I'm not even sure if I'm in the test menus since I didn't press the white button.

Is this the deadly 61-1 loop I've read about?
Thanks again everyone!

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 12:41:27 PM »
The "61-1 loop" is when the [61-1] goes away but comes back as [61]
or, stays stuck on [61] and nothing happens when you push the white test button or turning the jackpot key.
If your machine is doing this, then this would be the time to use a Clear chip to remove corrupted/stuck logic signals.

Turning the Jackpot key with the door closed (Without any errors) only gets you into the Accounting menus.
You wouldn't be able to change any settings.

However, when you HAVE a [61-1], you MUST close the door and turn the jkpt key once - to clear the [61-1].

Offline PrincePonk

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 01:14:17 PM »
That looks like what's going on. I'll pick up a clear chip and one for the bill validator. I'll update once we get there. Thanks stayouttadabunker and everyone else so far!

Offline PrincePonk

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »
I got clear chip and a bill validator activator chip and followed the instructions, it fixed the error and everything is working now! ...Except the coin comparitor, which apparently isn't even connected. If anyone knows anything about wiring an X-Mark Xeptor let me know, that'll be my next project.

Thanks everyone for your help with this!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal