New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Players Edge plus slant top manual  (Read 1412 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Players Edge plus slant top manual
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:17:53 PM »
Hello all, anyone know where I can find a slant top players edge plus pdf manual? What all manuals do I need to cover everything on this slant top? Anyone have one they can post or send me? I have rebuilt the monitor and fired the machine up and it kinda works. Seems to be no sound. I was playing it and the first time I hit a winning hand the hopper moved a little bit and then came up with a coin out error of some kind. I am hoping to find a manual to get this thing working 100%. Thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Players Edge plus slant top manual
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 10:23:36 PM »
Remove the hopper and remove any coins jammed in the escalator chute.
The clearance of the escalator track is narrow and one bent coin can cause it to jam.
When removing coins from the track be careful not to scratch the track, it needs a smooth surface.
A light oil on the head of the escalator pivot arm also helps coins to pass through smoothly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:07:36 AM by shortrackskater »
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 09:03:53 PM »
Badbaud, thanks for the reply.  I will get to the hopper as soon as I can. Any idea on a manual or any other documentation I might need for it? Have to figure the no sound issue out also.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 01:28:08 AM »
Keep in mind that you can only use the coin size that the hopper escalator is designed for.  If that's a quarter escalator, only quarters may be used -- not "quarter-sized" tokens, not nickels, nothing else, or it will jam.

Sound volume is controlled by a small blue potentiometer wheel on the edge of the MPU board.  Although there could be other reasons you're not getting sound, the easiest thing to start with is to just rotate the knob back and forth a number of times to help clean off any oxidation within the device, and then leave it near the middle to ensure that you have it dialed to a point where you should hear sounds.  If that doesn't do it, post back and we can get into some more troubleshooting.  I have added an arrow to your picture to show you where that volume control is.

There is a manual available in the downloads section, but you must be a contributing member to be able to access it.  Be aware that the manual is old and isn't comprehensive, and will not necessarily have troubleshooting steps for every potential issue.  Our members here have years of experience and will help you get your machine up and running 100%.

That said, looking at your previous posts it looks like you've gotten a lot of help with getting various machines up and running through the use of this website.  I'd really encourage you to consider becoming a contributing member.  When you do, you'll have access to lots of information in the downloads section, you'll have a larger inbox for your private messages, and you'll be helping to support and fund the web hosting that keeps this site alive to help folks with their machines.  NLG offers an ongoing subscription option where you can pay a nominal monthly fee for these benefits, or you can choose to make a one-time donation which will get you "contributing member" status for an amount of time determined by Joey, the owner of the site.  Every little bit helps.  Thanks for your consideration.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 02:21:13 PM »
I got the machine working 100%. Well real close. Really not that much wrong with it. The hopper had not feed enough quarters up the shoot yet and would time out before it filled up and started spitting them out. This is a slant top so it has to push the quarters up. So I had to open and close the door a few times to get it filled up. The sound not working was the speaker was bad. Someone at sometime had pulled the speaker terminal out some and it pulled the little wire out of the speaker. I found an old TV speaker the exact same size with the same mounting holes. Fit perfect. I just got a couple of things to figure out now. One is the white light on top stays on all of the time. Also what the red square light is on the panel. It stays lite up all the time even if I press on it. Then I am missing the light strip or what ever it is that goes under the left panel that says 1 to 5 coins and 25 cents. See the pics.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 02:42:12 PM »
I got the white light and the red button figured out. The red button is the change button that turns on the white change light. Someone put the switch on wrong. They only had the switch on half way. So the button when pushed did not hit the micro switch. Now on to the missing light sockets or what went there.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »
It's a small fluorescent light assembly that clicks into place, held by that piece of metal that is sticking out from the white plastic housing. Probably difficult to find an original assembly for sale at this point.

If you're electronics savvy at all, I'd suggest just adding on some cheap white LED strips in there pointed up towards the glass to illuminate it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 01:41:46 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I will probably go with the LED light strip. I don't think it would even be worth looking for the original part. I don't think I could find one anyway.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal