New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 6000 with a 27 tilt code  (Read 1690 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
6000 with a 27 tilt code
« on: November 26, 2021, 03:05:28 PM »
I just did a clear with leave in chips and have slowly been working through errors.  It now currently has a 27 error which is Bill jam.  I have tried 3 sets of wba 13 bv's I purchased from Spin and all give the same error.  They have the 003 eprom in them.  The cash can appears in good shape. 

On a side note, the coin comparator isn't accepting quarters either.  I will make a new thread if this not working isn't related to the issue with the bv.

Anyone have a suggestion? 

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: 6000 with a 27 tilt code
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 04:06:46 PM »
Power supply checks good.  All voltages where they should be.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 06:34:42 PM »
Coin mech switch on the front of the MPU is in the up position? I would try a different cash can. And when you changed the WBA, did you change the head and transport both?

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 08:50:32 PM »
Coin mech switch on the front of the MPU is in the up position? I would try a different cash can. And when you changed the WBA, did you change the head and transport both?

Hi Sunrise.  The coin mech switch down but did try it up though with no change.  I want to have it be coin in/coin out since there is a hopper in the machine.   I'm pretty sure I have another grey wired coin mech to try in the machine.  The current comparator has no light lit but the coin button on the board near the comparator does add credits to allow the machine to be played.  I did actually try a new plastic style cash can with no change.  I changed the head and transport when trying different bv's. 

I do get a 5527 now.  I believe that started when I tried a different cash can so I will bypass the door switch. 

When powering up the machine, it will do the normal start up procedures up to the point to where it lines the seems of the reels up to the payout line.  It doesnt do the reel "bumps" after lining up the reel seems.  It may not due to the tilt.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 08:05:38 AM »
Did you get CLC on the display after the clear procedure?  The coin mech switch needs to stay in the  up position. If it is in the down position it turns off the BV and the comparitor.  Is the sensitivity on the comparitor turned fully CCW?  Machine will not work till errors are cleared. Also you may have to open and close door 2-3 times to clear soft errors. Yes both your errors are to do with the bill validator , 55 cash can door open, 27 bill jam.

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 08:17:34 AM »
Thanks Sunrise.  Yup, clear process was successful.   I will flip the switch up and open and close the door to try to clear errors.  I should have thought of that since I've worked with IGT before and it makes sense.  :duh:  I will report back.

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 09:46:33 AM »
Ok.  I found a known good comparitor and have the sensitivity turned as far counter clockwise as possible and it still doesn't accept coins.  They drop through to the coin tray.  I did do another clear just to return settings back to factory.  Doing this removed the 55 tilt but the 27 remains.  It does now flash insert coin when the door is shut so that is probably do to having the Coin mech switch up. 

After the clear the only error was 27.  I tried swapping the cash can again with another and now I can't get rid of the 55 tilt.  Almost like the door sensor isn't working but it does sense when it opens and closes. Here is a link to a short video I took off the process since I think it will be too big to post.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/DMb4LefG5icF8z6g9

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 01:15:23 PM »
Just noticed the bv leds on the side are fast flashing.

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »
If I take the bv out of the machine, the 27 error goes away however the 55 remains.  I pulled the coin hopper out to get a better view of what sensors are on the back side of the bv housing and got a 31 tilt (Hopper coin out jam).  I put the hopper back in and know I have power to it since I can hit the test button on the hopper and the hopper will begin turning to dispense coins.  Even with the hopper in the machine I can't get the 31 or 55 cleared therefore I don't believe I am clearing tilts correctly.  I've tried opening and shutting the door several times as well as pushed the reset button on the mpu with no difference.

When I open the door the only 2 tilts are 50 and 31. 

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 12:37:09 PM »
 I changed jurisdiction from New Jersey to Las vegas. I also re-cleared the machine. And this brought me to its current status. The only errors at this point is 5027 when I open the door.  When did is closed no tilts are displayed. The BV still has the red circle with the line through it symbol and it is not accepting coins however the insert coin is flashing. I can get the machine to play using the pseudo coin or the test button near the comparator. I did check the 11d settings and the BV is set up correctly for the type as well as the coin comparator is correct.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 07:03:29 PM »
Have you tried another head and transport?

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 08:33:55 PM »
Have you tried another head and transport?

Yes.  I have a few known good 13ss transports with heads.  I had the id003 eprom in the transport so tried 3 total.

It's strange the coin comparitor isn't working either. The led is not lit.  I put the machine in 3d input test which should register a coin going through and per my manual should register a bill in the BV but neither is the case.

I double checked all connections, jacks, etc and all seem good.  The LEDs on the transport are fast flashing for whatever that's worth.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 06:47:26 AM »
I'm out of idea's other than put a new power supply because the one in there now may have a ripple in the DC due to age. And the 5V needs to be 5.14V per Bally spec.

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 09:23:49 AM »
I appreciate you hanging in there this long Sunrise!  :)  I am beginning to wonder about the power supply too.  Would make more sense than a board issue especially with all the test units I've tried.  For a second when I fired it up this morning the green arrows came on where you enter the bill into the bv.  But the red circle with line through it came on quickly. 

It is weird that when I remove the BV from the cabinet(the head and transport) No errors exist yet I still can't use a quarter.  The insert coin light flashes like its ready to play. Only error when I open the door is 50 which is correct. So might have a bad comparator too.    It had a grey wire comparator in it originally so that's what I tested it with too.  Just not sure if my test comparator is good.  Should be a way to test voltage at the comparator jack and see if its even getting power/signal.

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 10:53:24 AM »
I dont have a good enough meter, apparently, to measure ripple.  I know you can set your meter to AC and see ripple  but I just have a cheap meter.  With it set on auto range and AC, still reads 0.  I ordered a new power supply.  Not expensive and can see it being more possible the culprit than a board issue or something.   Thanks again Sunrise.  I will report back.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 08:19:29 PM »
The gray wire comparitor is the correct comparitor. The most common problem with these comparitors is the capacitor on the board inside. Those old capacitors will make the comparitor inoperable. Either get a good tested known working one or change the cap.

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
The gray wire comparitor is the correct comparitor. The most common problem with these comparitors is the capacitor on the board inside. Those old capacitors will make the comparitor inoperable. Either get a good tested known working one or change the cap.

Thanks Sunrise Side.  I will look into getting replacement caps.  The Grey comparators are kinda pricey and if replacing the camp will make it work again, that's a deal. 

I received a new power supply today and got it installed.  There was no change in the issue.  All voltages come in slightly higher than what they should be.   5V is about 5.09v per my meter.  Not sure what to try next.  Will be getting a known good comparator tomorrow or Monday and will try it to at least see if the coin will work.

BV still has the red circle, comparator has no green led and tilt 5027 when I open the door.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2021, 06:39:12 PM »
Have you reseated the BV harness at the backplane? Are the dip switches on the MPU set properly for JCM BV?  Are there any bent pins on the MPU edge connector?

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2021, 09:34:05 PM »
I did reseat all connectors etc.  Good idea on the edge connector but those all were good to. The correct dip switches are on for the BV. 

I kept trying to figure out what it could be.  Narrowed it down to either be in the back plane board or the BV housing.  I remember reading a long while ago how the fingers that the cash can pushes up on that flags the sensors on the back of the transport being an issue.  I did mess with those as well as the harness that goes to the back of the connector the transport plugs into once slid in.  Tried putting in the BV again and the dang thing worked.  Lol.  So, either the fingers aren't going up far enough to get flagged or I have a connector issue.

Can the sensors on the back of the transport be bipassed or a piece of tape put in the valley of the sensor to mimic the flag being up all the time?

The comparator still doesn't work so will wait for replacement to arrive.  Hopper works.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 06:54:22 AM »
Not sure about bypassing the flags. Good to hear it's working.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal