New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA 12 In TEST mode Keeps Spinning Wheels…  (Read 1109 times)

Offline 850mph

• Duke of NY - “A” number “1”
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • 850mph New User has no influence.
  • You know I’m Born to Lose & Gamblin’s for Fools!
WBA 12 In TEST mode Keeps Spinning Wheels…
« on: October 29, 2023, 11:00:25 AM »
I’ve pulled the MPU board, and verified that the WBA still displays status on the validator’s bezel.

Set up options should NOT be a factor as the MPU has been pulled.

Members have pointed out that my validator has very old 2.xxx software.

I made a calibration black and white test card…
I’ve run the CALIBRATION mode… with NO errors…
The WBA bezel just blinks fast and continuously.
By the error code chart this indicates the validator has been calibrated successfully.

I’ve run the ACCEPTOR test with an uncirculated $1 bill from 1988…. with errors
The validator takes the bill in, and spits it back out.
The WBA bezel blinks twice, rests, blinks twice again, and repeats
By the error code chart this indicates a “Magnetic Pattern Error Center”

So I started to run ALL the diagnostic tests in order, hoping to get to the “Sensor” tests to verify the ACCEPTOR error.

First, I ran the transport forward test….. the unit ran, and ran, and ran… until I switched power off.
There was NO LIGHT on the bezel… indicating transport ok.

Second, I ran the transport forward test… the unit ran, and ran, and ran… until I switched power off.

Third, I ran the stacker Motor and pusher test… the unit ran, and ran, and ran… until I switched it off.
There was NO LIGHT on the bezel… indicating stacker ok.

Before I go on with further tests…

QUESTION

Should these individual diagnostic tests time out AND STOP RUNNING THE VARIOUS MOTORS before lighting up the bezel with status/error codes?

Am I stopping the tests WRONG by simply turning off he whole machine?

FINALLY

I can find no WRITTEN DIAGNOSTIC solution for what seems to me as the “Magnetic Pattern Error” in my WBA.

I’ve cleaned the belts and lens’ but no luck.. the acceptor will NOT take in bills.

Am I wasting my time here?  Do I simply need a new head unit if the transport seems to run ok?

Or perhaps a new EPROM with updated software.

Thnx

« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 12:00:28 PM by 850mph »

Offline 850mph

Re: WBA 12 In TEST mode Keeps Spinning Wheels…
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 11:30:27 AM »
Perhaps these can help….

One pix ids the unit as a WBA-12, the other as a WBA-21…..

Help! Thnx.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 03:27:52 PM »
Why did you start another topic for this?  It's making it hard to follow.  What did you find out from these tests? 

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=40821.msg215929#msg215929

Offline 850mph

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 04:26:14 PM »
Added this post under CORRECT ROOT TOPIC because it was kinda getting spread out into two or three threads under DIFFERENT TOPICS as I approached different aspects of the machines main problems.

The whole idea is to put the answer in one place— so that once the issue gets solved— members will be able to research and diagnose the problem and find the answer/fix (hopefully) in one place… not spread out over three or four threads…

Everything works on the machine now (thanks members) except the bill validator.

This is SPECIFICALLY a question about the bill validator now—

The tests I’ve conducted on the validator and explained above **ARE** the tests outlined in the thread you suggest above and exactly what I followed from the post quoted below from a different thread.

PLUS

I’ve added pictures of the unit to help with analysis from those who might have an answer to the questions I pose in this thread.

QUOTE FROM PREVIOUS POST IN WRONG THREAD

The flip cards you referenced in your post are S+ Diagnostic Cards.  The one Jim is referring to is JCM's WBA Flip cards.  I've attached the one he is referring to this post.  It's in the file section, but you have to be a contributing member in order to access that section (you may want to consider becoming one, it helps keeps the site up).  Follow the instructions on page 12.  If you notice is says it tests the head and transport only, so remove the cash can.  It also said to perform the test outside of the machine.  Since you don't have a test harness (and I don't either), just remove the MPU board from the machine.  This will prevent the machine from trying to communicate with the validator while it's in test mode and then essentially the only thing active and connected to the validator is the power.  Then follow the directions as printed.  I just verified them myself with my machine and they are correct. 

Let us know how that works out.

END QUOTE

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 04:41:22 PM »
You still didn't answer my question  :fryingpan: :fryingpan:.  Did you download the flip card manual I uploaded for you and exactly follow the directions on page 12?  If so, what was the result?

In the future you can ask a mod to split the topic off at the appropriate place instead of starting a different thread and leaving posts abandoned and unanswered in another that are related to your new one.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 04:56:21 PM »
I don’t know how to say it more specifically…

The “flip cards” you suggest are actually “The JCM Products Quick Reference Guide for WBA Units”

Page 12 is a reference to the “Stand Alone Test Mode”

Which is EXACTLY what JCM (and other threads on this board) call “Bill Acceptance Test Mode”

That’s EXACTLY what I followed with the results as described above.

I think my follow on questions are a pretty logical follow up on the failed test, but I bow to long timers with practical expertise. Thnx.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 04:58:48 PM »
Good luck.  I'm done.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023, 05:15:43 PM »
I would like to move forward with my bill validator tests….

I think I have provided all the info I have on the unit and current diagnostic test results.

Can anyone PLEASE answer the two or three questions I had at the root of this thread?

Or maybe suggest an alternate path to get the unit working?

THNX.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 06:40:35 PM »

So I started to run ALL the diagnostic tests in order, hoping to get to the “Sensor” tests to verify the ACCEPTOR error.

First, I ran the transport forward test….. the unit ran, and ran, and ran… until I switched power off.

Second, I ran the transport forward test… the unit ran, and ran, and ran… until I switched power off.

Third, I ran the stacker Motor and pusher test… the unit ran, and ran, and ran… until I switched it off.
There was NO LIGHT on the bezel… indicating stacker ok.

Before I go on with further tests…

QUESTION

Should these individual diagnostic tests time out AND STOP RUNNING THE VARIOUS MOTORS before lighting up the bezel with status/error codes?

Am I stopping the tests WRONG by simply turning off he whole machine?

FINALLY

I can find no WRITTEN DIAGNOSTIC solution for what seems to me as the “Magnetic Pattern Error” in my WBA.

I’ve cleaned the belts and lens’ but no luck.. the acceptor will NOT take in bills.

Am I wasting my time here?  Do I simply need a new head unit if the transport seems to run ok?

Or perhaps a new EPROM with updated software.

Thnx

I'll start by saying that I do find it hard to follow these threads, I don't have time to read every post in every thread, so if it looks like someone is helping, and I'm busy, then I move on.  Tilt has been very helpful to many people, and sometimes troubleshooting can be as frustrating for the person remotely trying to help as it is for the person in front of the machine. Patience is always helpful, but not always easy.

as for your questions:
      from my experience motor tests run the motors, and as long as no error shows, the motor speed is within specs.
I used to change the lenses in the wba heads as they were often the culprit in poor bill acceptance. the lens cost and availability would not make sense to do these days, with much lower price for wba 10,11,12 and 13 heads (interchangeable, the transport is what makes the difference here)

for magnetic sensor issues, I believe it is the upper board in the head, and hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm in Canada, so I use mostly the 2x series heads.   

another note is that the 10 and 20 transport are interchangeable, the head is either a 1x or a 2x series.   this is true of the following also 11 and 21, 12 and 22, 13 and 23. in these groupings, even numbers are flash transports, and odd numbers are socketed eprom units.
as for the software version, I can't see what version yours is.  It's always best to update to the latest possible version, as the acceptance is usually better. Some revisions were to improve acceptance.

is the rear connector on your transport a 12 pin with exposed connectors, or a 20 pin?  I only ask this because I've had some wba 12 transports that  were marked as wba 10 units. possibly upgraded.

is your machine an s-plus?

This post has more words than I usually like to say, I hope everyone has a great night's sleep, and tomorrow is a better day for all.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline 850mph

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 03:35:11 AM »
Thnx for the reply.

Ok, I think I get it now:

A little LESS verbiage on my part, a little MORE just following the directions of the experts who are trying to help.

I can’t get to the machine for a couple of days now….

But I did want to thank “Tilt” and “a69mopar” and others who are chiming in to help on this thread.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 11:06:53 AM »
After much trial and configuration….
I’ve got the WBA to accept bills, and give proper credits…

It takes $1s, and $20s….

But spits back ALL $5s and $10s.
Giving error code 7 on the bill input bezel.
Code 7=Error in Photo Sensor Level

I don’t have $50s or $100s to test.

Machine is an S+, SP731.
Validator transport is WBA-21-SS and has 12 pin connector on back, with removable EPROM.
Validator head is WBA-12-SS.

I’m pretty certain (thanks to members) the unit is running v-2.xx software.
The WBA chip is labeled “New 10s”….

Can anyone PLEASE confirm:

An update to the last V3.80.34 ID024 will add the functionality I need for $5s and $10s and newer bills.

Thnx

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 11:35:53 AM »
IDO24 will NOT work on an S+ machine. It is for S2000, GK and some AVP. S+ will only work on either ID022 or ID023.  (only very old software needs 022)

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 12:07:43 PM »
I think the latest U.S. version for the s-plus was v3.75-03I (WBA12/13).  Hopefully someone in the U.S can confirm this or correct me.

Thanks,
Wayne

corrected typo
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 12:29:28 PM by a69mopar »

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 12:32:59 PM »
I found this - pic attached

Offline 850mph

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 12:38:41 PM »
OMG..
Just when you think you have it ALL figured out……
Another twist in the diagram.

Good thing it’s the ROUTE,  not the destination that’s the BEST PART for me anyway.

I’m seeing this on eBay:

WBA / JCM IGT Bill Acceptor Update chip v3.76-03i SS12/13 ID-023 for IGT S-Plus

Which board member can supply chip…?

Thnx.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 12:44:22 PM »
3.75-03I is newest I have. Contact member RB.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 12:53:46 PM »
I’m getting a first rate education here.

THANKS to all who helped on this issue/thread/machine.

Moving on to machine number 2 with DBV-200!

Will start a new thread under the DBV-200 root topic if necessary.

Thanks.

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2023, 01:13:03 PM »
I prefer Ron (RB) https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=164 as a source for things like this. he has been a reliable help to many people.  There is no such firmware as a 3.76-03i, that's just a typo, it's actually 3.75-03i as in the JCM listing.

If you look at the picture you will see the dbv200 files listed also

Thanks,
Wayne

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal