New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MLD Back layer jumping?  (Read 407 times)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
MLD Back layer jumping?
« on: February 13, 2024, 12:30:33 PM »
Hey guys I have a G23 MLD monitor where the back layer starts to jump once in awhile. Has any seen this happen and know what the cause is? Cable issue? Video card? AD board?
-------
Charles

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: MLD Back layer jumping?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 02:03:21 PM »
I've been pulling out the brainboxes a lot the past couple of weeks, and I noticed sometimes the background LCD slightly darker and with a "blue-ish tint".
I haven't been putting the cover on the brainbox, because I've been digging in the brainbox, and changing stuff.
So the DVI connectors have been getting pulled and pushed on a lot as well.
I decided to spray the video connector pins with some de-oxidization contact cleaner.
It didn't do anything.
With the cover off, I pushed down and left-wards on the top of the video card towards the fan side, or right-side of the cabinet.
I only pushed on the green pcb part of the video card...not on the cooling fins.
Sure enough, the blue-ish tint went away instantly! and I had a nice looking, bright monitor screen again!
Move your video card around a little...see if you can get the LCD to react?

In restrospect, I believe the springy contact pins down inside the video card connector have been pressing against video cards for a long, long time.
These tab spring contacts down in these long black plastic PCIe slots, are getting weak from aging, I'm sure.
Some AVP's I'm playing with are dated around 12-13 yrs old now.

Maybe see if you pull out on them a little tiny bit so the springs push harder against the gold video card tabs?
I just checked...no way you can do that...lol
What are they called PCIe slots?
I've notice that these spring contacts, are weak on the Interface cards that the bill validators push onto as well.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 02:33:39 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 12:19:39 PM »
and....... THE BACK LAYER IS OUT!  :banghead:
-------
Charles

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:26:14 PM »
Lcd power inverter ballast die out?
If so, shine a flashlight on the screen at different angles in a darkened room....
If you see symbols, then the video signal is going thru ( which is a good thing) but either the ballast is shot or the fluorescent tubing that lights up the display glass.

What strikes me is that background is very white...it's not black?
No video signal getting thru?
Flashlight will tell ya.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 12:53:01 PM »
It’s all white.
-------
Charles

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 01:03:02 PM »
Ugh.  You've probably already done the basics, but make sure all cables are tight.  The ones from the MPU to the monitor, and also the loop cable on the back of the monitor.  If all that is good I'd be looking at the A/D boards as the likely problem, with the panel itself also a possibility.   Both the inner and outer layer use the same LED backlights, so that wouldn't be the problem.  To disassemble the monitor you have to remove it from the door which isn't too difficult, but you have to be careful that you don't drop it or let it slip out of the door frame.  It comes out the front with the bezel on it too. 

Once you get it out and the back cover off you will see the two AD boards, you can swap them around and see if the problem moves to the outer panel.  If it doesn't change try swapping the panel LVDS cables around at the top of the monitor and see what happens.  Good luck!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 01:11:48 PM »
I found a few pictures of when I changed the inside LCD panel on mine.  Here's one with the back cover removed.  The AD boards are on the bottom left and right.  I forget which one is which, but you can follow the LVDS cable to the top of the monitor and figure that out.  If you have any noisy or non-working fans now would be a good time to replace them too so you don't have to do it again later.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 02:23:56 PM »
TILT that is some awesome info! Thank you for the info!!

Are both AD boards the same model? I assume so as they look identical.

Also note in my picture, the white area looks like a "burn" pattern on the left side. That is not my camera playing tricks.. You still think its the AD baords?
-------
Charles

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 04:38:06 PM »
It's a little difficult to see in the picture, but I think I see what you're talking about.  I changed my inner panel out because of that.  If I left an idle game image up for 10 minutes or so and then switched to another game you could see artifacts from the previous game in the rear display.  Depending on what games you switched to and from would determine how visible it was.  I think your shaky and then gone image is a different problem though. 

I didn't have a need to swap my A/D boards around, so I didn't and can't say for sure, but I believe they are the same and interchangeable. 

I made some videos of the process of getting the monitor out of the door and disassembly that I could try to stitch together (or upload multiple parts if I can't figure how to do that) and put on Youtube or something or you if you think you want to try disassemble it. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal