New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally experts help _ 5000plus unusual codes _ see pics  (Read 5880 times)

Offline don0352

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • don0352 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally experts help _ 5000plus unusual codes _ see pics
« on: December 25, 2014, 05:27:05 PM »
1989 Bally 5000plus, recently serviced, moved to a place down the street, and now I'm stuck.
Here are the pics.  Turn on, after reset, and with door open.
Greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally experts help _ 5000plus unusual codes _ see pics
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »
How long was it off?

It has a rechargeable battery and if left off for long periods the battery will discharge and need to charge back up.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline don0352

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:26:29 PM »
Hi,
Thank you very much for your help.  It was not plugged in for almost 2 months.  I thought that I'd get an error 82 (83?) if the battery was done.
I will leave it plugged in overnite, and I'll email you in the morning to see what happened.

Best regards,
Don
 :thank_you: :1:

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 03:30:27 AM »
You may have to clear it, to low of a RAM voltage for extended periods causes them to go crazy.

Your battery may have discharged sooner than expected because it is old and can't hold it's juice.... I know how it feels.

Try pulling the bottom board out part way then turning the machine on, if you are lucky the RAM will clear and the game will be playable.

If not lucky you will have to do the jumper routine to clear it.

Offline don0352

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 08:05:48 AM »
Hi, thanks for the info.  Machine has been charging about 10 hours now.
Last night, when I turned it on, all 3 reels started spinning slowly.
I turned the reset key on the side, and it went through the whole 01-100, 02-295, 03-etc., and then it went right back to spinning the reels with the 1 coin, 2 coin, 3 coin lights blinking (which I've never seen them blink).  I opened the door, and hit the reset button which brought it back to the original error.
I included 3 pics of the 3 changes...
( I had the battery replaced 6-8 months ago, but it does sit in 62-67 degree room - a little on the cold side (?speeds up the drain on the battery?)

I will wait to hear from you after you've seen these pics, and then I'll try your idea:
1. Open front door while machine is powered down
2. Pull the lower, bottom board out 1/2 way, then turn on the machine (??).
Should I then push the board back in, close the door, and do a reset for the "open door" error?  Then hopefully it will clear out?

Just wanted to make sure I understood.
Thanks very, very much for your help.  I have to learn how to replace the battery and do a clear ram myself.
(Is the jumper routine when you connect different "U" chips, instead of replacing them - I'm in deep water here...)
--Don

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
Pull the board part way out, turn the machine on, it should clear and show that on the display, then turn machine off re-seat board, turn back on, wait for reels to do a dance then stop, then close door and you should see insert coin.

Offline don0352

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Hi,
Here are some pics.  It seems to be worse than before. Currently, it's on, and all of the LED readers say WIN:"PPPP"  PAID:"PPPP"  CREDIT "PPPP" etc.
It will take a quarter now, and the coin accepted light comes on, but handle will not pull.

Now, when I turn the reset key on the side, nothing happens at all.  Also, pushing the reset button inside does nothing.
What to do...?  Any idea?  I'm a little worried I messed things up  more than before...

Thanks.....

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
So clearing it by removing the I/O board didn't work.

There are two other ways to clear a 5000 but they are a little more complicated.

The second way is to jumper pin 5 to 11 on the door distribution board then hold the psuedo button in and turn the power on.

The third way is to move the jumper on the MPU board from the left front edge to the last two pins on the group of header pins in the middle of the board, turn the machine and watch for a 40 something code on the display then quickly press the test button and release.

After it clears move the jumper back.

If none of those clear methods work you should probably call Larry at 702-363-9998 and arrange to have both of your boards sent in.

The only other possibility is a low 5 volts on the power supply, attached is a layout of the power supply showing where to take your voltage readings.

If the 5 volts is at or below 5 volts you should use the small adjustment on the power supply board to set the 5 volts back uo to 5.16 volts.

Offline don0352

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
Well, as long as I didn't make the problem worse, I will just take it to a professional some day.
It's just the moving and the driving.  I'm tired of moving this beast.
How much do you think Larry would charge?  Is Larry the SlotDoctor?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »
Larry is K-Lar electronic slot repair

Offline don0352

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 04:15:02 PM »
Well, I greatly appreciate your attempting to help me figure this out.
I'll just have to wait until it gets a little warmer before I haul it somewhere.
Although, if you can give me the connection to KLar, I'd like him to look at this thread to see if it would be worth it to send him the boards, or whatever he likes.
Pls let me know if you can.
Thanks...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
Larry answers the phone and fixes the old EM's. I would be the one fixing your board. He is at the shop today, call him and see what he has to say. I'm home watching football today.

Larry doesn't do emails or has a internet connection, I'm the tech.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 04:23:33 PM »
I'll just have to wait until it gets a little warmer before I haul it somewhere.
Although, if you can give me the connection to KLar, I'd like him to look at this thread to see if it would be worth it to send him the boards, or whatever he likes.
Thanks...

It sounds like you have a bad battery.

Offline don0352

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
so get a multimeter and make sure it is ___? to ensure it is the battery?
Also, I noticed the lower board doesn't seem to attach completely correctly, the red "test" lights only come on if the right side of the board is pushed in...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 06:48:57 PM »
If fresh and charged the battery should read about 3.6 Volts or more.

A weak battery will be below 3.0V even after charged.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 07:02:29 PM »
Thanks...

K-LAR website:

http://www.slotmachinerepair.com/

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:18:35 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 08:35:37 PM »
Yes he has a website but does not check his emails, as it says on the site "call me".

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal