New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE...cash box? coin comparitor? karma?  (Read 26712 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE
I was getting that message on my EVO. I'm hoping it's common to the Game Maker or other Ballys as well.
Here's all the details... hope this makes sense:

First the bill box wasn't seating properly. I cleaned it, shove it on and the error went way, only to return.
I checked my CC. The entire housing was loose. I tightened it. Below the CC is the optics board. I removed the metal cover and saw the circuit board was about to fall away from the mounting.
I tightened that.
I also turned the sensitivity screw all the way to the left. As I said, only about one of five nickles will go through. I turned it all the way right and none were accepted.
ALSO... when I first removed the cover from the optic board, I noticed the chip inside had the top far right leg squished out of the socket and was pressed against the metal pin of a plug that's just above it to the right. I pulled out the chip, fixed the leg and plugged it back in.
Since I've done this, that error "sort of" went away. It came on last might again, but the message said "open and close door to clear tilt error."
Could the IC leg have caused any problem? It almost looked like it was intentionally left out and made to contact that pin!  :Scratch-Head:
Also... the green light on the CC is now off. It was on before. Confusing as heck.  :hissyfit:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: GAME DISABLED - COIN REVERSE...cash box? coin comparitor? karma?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
Did you convert this game from one denom to another?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »
Nope. It started its life taking nickels and still is a nickel slot. I'm heading to the garage... well maybe a kitchen wine stop first... then to the garage. I'll turn it on and see what it's decided to do.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 08:42:18 PM »
No longer (for now) getting the COIN REVERSE error. The green light on the CC is on when the door is closed...it fades away when door is opened. It's not taking any coins now at all. The optics board has an amber light glowing.
Still getting COIN REVERSE. Now it will happen during a payout... locks up. I have to open and close the main door and it resumes payout.
The coin comparitor sends the coin to the try all the time now.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:23:19 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 09:31:56 PM »
Ok, first, have you checked what size coin guide it has in it? Just because you think it was always a nickel machine doesnt mean some other guide wasnt swapped in at some time. Just humor me, and double check it and make sure it's not a 25c or dollar guide.

Second, you said you were twisting the sensitivity dial all the way one way then all the way the other. Proper technique I was always told by knagl and stayouttadabunker was to start all the way one direction, then turn 1/4 turn at at time, and check for improvement at each turn.

What's up with the amber light, I have no clue. Not sure if its normally on or not, or what the problem may be.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 09:41:17 PM »
Dumb question of the day/week/year... where is the guide? Is that in the CC or past? Sorry!
This started happening RIGHT after I straightened that pin and plugged it in properly.

Here's the other error too. I can clear the error... leave the game idle and the error will re-appear.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:02:16 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »
The coin guide is a black plastic thing situated inside if the optics board sandwich (I think that will get you close enough anyway, that's where an IGT is). It's a black plastic piece that should that has "guides" on each side to "guide" the coin to align the coin properly so that it is seen by all the "eyes". A larger coin guide will not "guide" the coins properly so they hit all the optics necessary, thus, generating an error.

Sorry, I don't know Bally that well, but that's the gist of the convo I had with Darrell regarding your problem.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 10:31:36 PM »
Got it! I know right where that is... I was just "there." I'll go back and look at the width.  :sherlock:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »
Here it is...I left the nickel there to show size... a quarter drops right though there no problem. This DID work though for a long time, taking nickels. And the previous owner had it for a few years using nickels.
Update again - One of the wires going to the CC just fell out. I think it was not making contact. I will solder it tomorrow night and report back.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:43:13 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 04:31:04 AM »
I would think a reverse coin error indicates the machine sensed a coin at the optics then the CC and thinks someone has a nickel on a string. If your CC is faulty or the signal from it is delayed you could get this error possibly. If the problem persists after you fix that wire you might try swapping with a different CC. Sounds like that one has had a few issues so far. Your optics insert should be marked with what size coin it is for. Generally, a quarter insert will work for nickels too

Offline UNIMAN

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »
What Coin Comparitor does your machine have? If it is the CC-62 then the problem is most likely the coin guide is set too wide as CV Slots said. Had this same problem with Uni Ultras equipped with the CC-62. The CC-62 senses the coin rattling side to side as it drops.
Even if is not a CC-62, the guide should be only able to accept a nickle.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »
Ok, first, have you checked what size coin guide it has in it? Just because you think it was always a nickel machine doesnt mean some other guide wasnt swapped in at some time. Just humor me, and double check it and make sure it's not a 25c or dollar guide.

Second, you said you were twisting the sensitivity dial all the way one way then all the way the other. Proper technique I was always told by knagl and stayouttadabunker was to start all the way one direction, then turn 1/4 turn at at time, and check for improvement at each turn.

What's up with the amber light, I have no clue. Not sure if its normally on or not, or what the problem may be.

It's a home use game so turn the sensitivity control completely counterclockwise (left all of the way).

The Amber light on is normal and means the optic board is getting power.

If you are getting "coin in reversed" it means the coin comparator is working and the coin optic board is the problem.

You can try re-seating the big chip on the optic board, other than that you could sent the entire coin in assembly, bracket, comparator, and mounted optic board to Larry to get it fixed. 702-363-9998
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 09:27:15 PM »
Repairing the broken wire did nothing.
CC 16d, 4b
Still getting coin reverse error... it will happen with the machine idle and door open.
Reseated the chip... nothing. Still baffles me that it worked when the top left pin was out of the socket and making contact with the pin above it.
Sensitivity is all the way left.
Why will it work for many plays (using credits) and then go back into COIN REVERSE error?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:09:41 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 11:20:09 PM »
It could be the plug that plugs into the optic board has some dirty pins or collapsed contacts.

Make sure the pins are clean on both the optic board and the plug that plugs into it.

If the connector is a brown KK-100 type of connector you can slide a thin blade into the exposed window, collapsing the small keeper wing) and slip the pin and wire out of the housing for inspection.

Use a razor blade to bend the pin keeper back out before re-inserting the pin and wire back into the housing.

If the connector is the IDC type where the wire is wedged between two blades on top of the connector you can't remove the pins but you can (slip off the top protective cover if there is one) press each wire deeper into it's two blades to make sure there is a good electrical connection.

Make sure the send and receive optics on the optic board are clean.

If none of that helps your optic board is probably failing randomly, and will soon fail all of the way.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 11:25:33 PM »
I actually did all that! Thank you though...
I had a spare working cable. I did fix the old one. I can swap that in just to make sure but I'm sure it's working too.
Still wondering... would this cause the random COIN REVERSE error as well?
I guess I should just post a WTB for that board. I'd rather just buy another one than send my stuff out...unless it's some bizarre weird board that no one has... which would not surprise me in the least, at this point! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »
In my neck of the woods they are very rare.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 02:35:48 PM »
I pulled out the optic board again to inspect it and I did get a very slight burn smell. Here's the board. I'll post in WTB as well. I hope someone has this.
Would it make sense for me to also do a clear on the machine and DISABLE the CC to see if my intermittent "coin reverse" error goes away?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 06:05:19 PM »
Yes, and unplug the optic board.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:30 PM »
I just unplugged the optic board. I've been playing it off and on for an hour, while I put back together my refurbished mpu and suitcase boards into their chassis.
No error... no COIN REVERSE... it just keeps working. I didn't even bother to clear it. Seems to be working fine, other than the occasional yellow screen! (I'll fix this later... I tried de-gaussing)
I think I need an optic board.
I will consult with CV slots.  :applause:
Thanks for the help Badbaud and everyone else, again.
I see why EVO's aren't so popular... but dammit... I will make this one work!  :waving_flag:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
Okay this is INTERESTING.
I got the replacement optics board assembly. I installed it and... drum roll... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...NOTHING! Still won't take coins.
From the information I got earlier I had assumed the CC was okay.
But just for fun, I removed it and left it connected and then manually let a nickel drop through the guide and the machine DID register it with a new error:
COIN MECH ERROR (something like that).
So I'm thinking maybe the obvious... the CC was bad? Or both the CC and optics board are bad. Tomorrow I'll put the old board back in and try the same test.
Comments?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal