New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Pink panther  (Read 7851 times)

Offline filounet

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • filounet New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Pink panther
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2021, 11:37:00 AM »
Open or closed machine the blue screen never works, it shows two different sentences (see my photos) if the CPU card is not installed as I realized at the request of the person of the forum and only these two sentences.
Yes I confirmed that the two wires are not connected I had indicated it from the beginning by asking if they should be connected but unfortunately I do not have the key to the lock even if they were connected.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2021, 01:20:03 PM »
We must have a communication problem.  If your machine was here in front of me, it would have been fixed within an hour.  This is why questions are being asked.  At this point I am sure that you need a new mpu.  Netplex down is a typical varta battery leakage problem.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2022, 05:47:42 AM »
hello,

Here I am again after a little illness and I really want to get this machine running again.
can you tell me what i need to do or buy to get it working again?
I measured the voltages and they are all good compared to the schematic.
Thank you for your help

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2022, 11:35:21 AM »
Elvis suggested that you go out and get a "known-working" 504 MPU circuit board...that's the main processing board in your machine that holds all the chips.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2022, 03:11:41 PM »
Take a picture of your MPU and a close up of the SB and SG chips. Let get to the bottom of this

the rockin elvis

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2022, 11:41:16 PM »
Thank you for your feedback and your help  :hail: Filounet

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2022, 11:42:48 PM »
The following...

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2022, 01:19:25 AM »
The board CPU

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2022, 04:22:25 PM »
Nice Panther Bucks. I would change the GAME chips to SG000380's. Since you bought it not working lets start there. Someone copied those chips, because having a percentage written on them is wrong. The percentage is controlled in the setup of machine. Check with RB and buy all 3 chips along with vs11gx1. So SG380 game 1&2, SB425, vs11gx1. Hopefully the card in the top monitor has BGM000136. I believe now your problem is with the chips. If you have chips for a non vision game, you can try those to be sure the board is good.

the rockin elvis

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2022, 10:15:35 PM »
Hello, thank you for your valuable advice, I will do what you tell me, how and at what address is it possible to contact RB?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2022, 01:29:16 AM »
You can find him on the vendor page

the rockin elvis

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2022, 02:34:13 AM »
Sorry to bother you but I can't find the RB contact for my chips, I looked on these two locations and I didn't understand, thank you for your help.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2022, 03:27:15 AM »
Go to the members page and send message

the rockin elvis

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2022, 09:29:03 PM »
Hello, I do have the files in my possession but I am waiting for my new programmer because the old one broke down  :duh:, I will not fail to come back to you as soon as I have been able to install the chips

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2022, 07:31:12 AM »
Hello,
I was finally able to set up my 4 new EPROMs but that doesn't change anything, I still have nothing that appears on the two screens...(the blue line and the top screen)
Do you have another suggestion, thanks for your help  :EmoticonHelp4:
Philip

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2022, 09:17:24 PM »
Turn OFF the power switch and remove the MPU from the tray.
Pull out the hopper too...you do NOT need it to get your machine running.
You can re-install the hopper later on.

You did a test once of pulling out the MPU and turning on the power switch and saw two lines of messages on the blue VFD display.
However, when you put in the MPU, that blue VFD display doesn't display anything.
I think there's something wrong with the MPU...it may not be the chips.

Look under the MPU at all the pins.
Carefully inspect every one of them.
Are ANY of the pins folded down and touching another pin?
If so, that means they are shorted.
You might get away with using a pair of tweezers and try to straighten the bent pin.

If not, then the only hope you have is to get a new MPU circuit board, install the chips onto the MPU and try powering on the machine to see if the blue VFD displays anything.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 05:48:30 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2022, 02:11:32 AM »
Hello,
I checked the pins well and there is no problem on that side, alas.
Indeed the blue screen displays lines without the MPU but with the MPU no more writing and the screen at the top does not display anything either. I am familiar with Bally electronics but this is my first IGT, do some PCBs need to be changed over time on IGT CPU boards?
If I have to change my CPU board, are there several board references for this slot?

Thanks for your help Phillip

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2022, 06:08:23 AM »
There is just a yellow light and a green light on the board
Yes, but this does not mean the red Led is burned out.

Your VFD display only comes on when the MPU is removed.
Now we know there's nothing wrong with the blue VFD display.
This is pinpointing a problem with the MPU.

Can you try this problem MPU in another machine cabinet?

If not, place a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG for an 502 or 504 MPU.
Switch the Base chip, the pair of SG chips, and the Version chip onto the new MPU board when it comes in.
As you carefully install them into the chip sockets, make sure they are in the correct orientation (direction) and you do NOT fold any pin legs underneath the chip body.

I really wish I knew why your blue VFD display doesn't work when you put this MPU in.
I've never had this problem and I don't know what is causing the machine to halt.
When I turn on the power switch, I always see in this order...>>>

"Display Passes Self-Test" 
"Please Wait...Testing Memory"
"Waiting For The Video Display"

By any chance did you happen to check the voltage on the MPU coin cell?
Is it above 3 volts?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 06:30:52 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline filounet

• NLG
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2022, 04:35:30 AM »
So the voltage is 3 volts. I have to find a functional card knowing that I live in France. Thanks for your help Philip

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2022, 05:45:25 AM »
I am very confused. What card are you referring to? The battery is on the mpu. Only other is I/O card for door and cabinet. Your vfd works without the mpu. Probably bad mpu

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal