New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Poll

Do you love Bally?

No
1 (25%)
Not really
0 (0%)
Nope
0 (0%)
Heck no
1 (25%)
Hell no
1 (25%)
no
0 (0%)
F
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Alpha 2 - OS and error question.  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Alpha 2 - OS and error question.
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:23:52 AM »
A friend picked up a Frankenstein turd of a machine like a year ago, it worked like sh!t for about a month then took a dump. Now I am trying to get this thing back up and running..

I was able to clear, updated the Bios, put a 362 OS on it and a random game.. After all that I get the error seen right after boot, it doesn't even make it past that screen to set the game up. It'll keep rebooting from there, loop. Any tips for me (aka The Bally Hater.)?

- What OS/Bios combo do any of you Bally peeps recommend for this older Alpha2 CPU?

- How much gasoline (in gallons) would it take to completely destroy this machine?

Thanks for any tips.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:34:09 AM by Harvs »

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Alpha 2 - OS and error question.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:19:13 AM »
Did you do a factory reset or just use a clear card?  Looks like you have mixed files on the SSD. 

BTW, that CPU is not that old.  Many of the Alpha 2 Pro machines still have that model in it and they play all the latest games with the correct OS and bios.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 07:24:40 AM »
Did you do a factory reset or just use a clear card?  Looks like you have mixed files on the SSD. 

BTW, that CPU is not that old.  Many of the Alpha 2 Pro machines still have that model in it and they play all the latest games with the correct OS and bios.
Both, numerous times. Cleared with a clear card, did the factory reset and wiped all, basically started from scratch.

I have 2 HD's and both (different OS on the other) give that same error.

Odd thing is when I pop in the clear card, it says NVRAM Corrupt every single time I do that.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 09:33:47 AM »
I think I figured it out.. Only took reseating every connection in the machine, removing the ram twice, clearing 18 times and a few headbutts.

And thank you Jeff for the tips, helped a lot!

Voting is now closed on the poll.. As we can see by the results, 100% dislike Bally.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 09:39:17 AM »
Not fair, only 1 vote......yours...lol
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Not fair, only 1 vote......yours...lol
The only vote needed. You guys had plenty of time to vote, snooze n lose.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
I would have voted but there wasn't one that started with a F or H.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
Heck No was a choice.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 01:52:49 PM »
Heck No was a choice.
Hell wasn't!

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 03:20:58 PM »
Heck No was a choice.
Hell wasn't!
Now it is, cast that vote!  :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal