New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game loads that require topper connected to video card  (Read 3202 times)

Offline fewpheonix

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • fewpheonix New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game loads that require topper connected to video card
« on: July 23, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
just got a Bally Alpha 2 Pro v32 Machine with 2.1cpu (k2000 video card). I have been successful in changing the software titles. Now I am trying to load Olvera Street (a game that requires a topper). I have topper hooked up and a friend told me I had to plug in the topper to the video card through the leftmost display port. So I bought a display port to vga conversion cable and I hooked toppers vga to the conversion cable and then to leftmost display port on video card, but I am still getting a fatal fault message right before where I would set game denominations, etc. Fault says “process faulted=mediasvr.thread (6468).” Does this game require a network or something? Please help if you know anything. Thanks anyone!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Game loads that require topper connected to video card
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 07:11:38 PM »
I have only found that to be the case with games that have a digital wheel.  Also not all display port to vga cables are created equal.  Some do not pass on the edid information to the video display driver so the host doesn't know the monitor's capabilities and thus defaults to something like 800x600.  I have found the Dell ones to work best model RN699.  So it could either or.  Did you even try to load the game using the vga port under the one used for the iDeck?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline fewpheonix

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 07:14:55 PM »
Yes, I did try loading the game with topper connected in the default way. Does anyone know what bios I need to run Olvera Street? Not sure that I have new enough ones.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:12:37 AM »
If you have a 2.1 box, it should work.  It's probably your DP to Vga adapter.  Get one of the dell ones and give it a try.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline fewpheonix

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:03:18 AM »
Okay - have ordered the dell adapter cable and will give it a try. Thanks!

Offline twa8000

• Reputation Power: 4
  • twa8000 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 07:13:39 PM »
Okay - have ordered the dell adapter cable and will give it a try. Thanks!

You might have the same issue I’m having with the digital wheel, What video card do you have?

Offline fewpheonix

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 04:55:32 PM »
Updated OS and game is working now. Thanks for suggestions!

Offline tommyxv

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • tommyxv New User has no influence.
    • Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 05:12:25 PM »
Updated OS and game is working now. Thanks for suggestions!

Did you need to use the VGA to DP adapter?  I have that game, along with the China and Glacier Bay versions and had no issues using my 15" topper on VGA.

Offline fewpheonix

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 05:16:15 PM »
Nope - just needed to update my os.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 05:19:37 PM »
Nope - just needed to update my os.

Cool!  I'm having trouble installing/Authenticating Spiderman, and was told that I need to do that VGA to DP trick.  Not so sure though because its an authentication error when trying to install the game.   

Offline fewpheonix

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 05:23:13 PM »
Someone told me you have to install game with vga to dp and then boot up with vga back in its normal spot.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »
Someone told me you have to install game with vga to dp and then boot up with vga back in its normal spot.

I'll have to give that a try then.  Or upgrade to a Wave! LOL Thx

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 06:35:37 AM »
The title of this thread is misleading.  The original post says UFL Olvera Street.  That game does not require the topper to be connected to the video card.  It is connected to the MPU.  Spiderman is hooked up the same way, to the MPU, not the video card.  Suggest you have OS 366J or better for either of those games.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »

Cool!  I'm having trouble installing/Authenticating Spiderman, and was told that I need to do that VGA to DP trick.  Not so sure though because its an authentication error when trying to install the game.
You using a 2.1 or 2.0 MPU?

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 11:35:56 AM »

2.1.  Here is the error that I get.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 11:38:59 AM »
The title of this thread is misleading.  The original post says UFL Olvera Street.  That game does not require the topper to be connected to the video card.  It is connected to the MPU.  Spiderman is hooked up the same way, to the MPU, not the video card.  Suggest you have OS 366J or better for either of those games.

I have OS 370B install. 

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »

2.1.  Here is the error that I get.
Are you loading the game from the original thumb drive?  I have seen that error before.  If you are using a card the problem is the card.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 12:15:31 PM »

I tried both ways. Original thumb drive and CF card.  I have no issues installing any of the UFL titles via USB or with the same CF card.

The person who sold the game said its looking for the wave topper on the video card display port.  I hooked up a display monitor and still got the error. :(

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 02:25:23 PM »
Works fine for me with a standard 15” topper hooked up to the vga port of the mpu. Nothing special required. Also using a 2.1 with k2000 video card and 8 gb ram.  Could be the file is bad since it won’t authenticate.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
I had that authentication error once, did you by any chance rename the files on the thumb drive to something other than what they were named originally?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal