New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: HERE it is!! My Bally JACKPOT ONLY machine.  (Read 9902 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: HERE it is!! My Bally JACKPOT ONLY machine.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
Mark..

Here is a picture of what each PS loops voltage is.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »
 My meter shows 4.97, 6.94, zero which is the ground, and 9.63.
  I think my power supply is working.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:33:25 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 08:21:22 PM »
It’s working but not great. Those numbers are a bit low but hopefully will do for now. Did you pull the power supply and look it over for bad solder joints?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
Yes and I re-soldered one voltage regulator that just had a crappy job. By the looks of the board, It's been replaced along with the big cap I think. I think the next step is the connector but what are the two wires that Barry mentioned?

"Also the bottom 2 wires/connection usually go bad."
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2018, 10:02:36 AM »
Bottom two wires on the plug.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 12:00:34 PM »
Also check the power supply board header.

Clean it up with a green Scotch pad.

If any copper is showing on any pins (tin gone) the entire header should be replaced.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 08:28:28 PM »
 So I decided to vacuum some of the “dirt “at the back of the machine, and the dirt and it up being rat droppings, and we all know what that means!
 Here’s a picture of the wiring harness back behind the transformer on the right side. I’m in the process of removing the transformer right now.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »
Surprised it didn’t blow a fuse? It looks like it might be only one or two wires. Post a better pic when you get the transformer out. 4 screws and a couple plugs and it will be out. Mark your plugs with a sharpie.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 12:35:49 AM »
 It looks like some of the wires in the middle of the bundle just had the insulation eaten off. If you look to the left there’s two  more damaged wires that just stop right there – I can’t see any connecting wires on the right side of the bundle.
 There was also a terminal block just above the harness that had a broken wire –  I fixed that.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:20:01 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »
Looks like to me that you have at least 6 wires damaged or cut. Looks like you have a grey or brown one under the red one. Then the yellow with red on the top.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 09:25:29 AM »
I'll need to look for a wiring diagram  - I think we have one here on the site, or at least something close.
Wondering where those gray/yellow and gray wire "ends" should go.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 10:40:06 AM »
It’s possible that those two wires were part of a plug that wasn’t used. I’ll have to see if I have a machine I could look at. If you don’t see those two colors on the other side, then I would assume they were a plug.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2018, 09:18:19 AM »
I patched up the eaten wires and taped off those two loose wires on the right but still don't know where they go or where they went.
I painstakingly re-installed the transformer and connectors, powered up and got nothing. The "6" code was there but when I powered off and on, it disappeared. Maybe the battery is charging now - I'll check, but that part doesn't really matter. And, nothing appears to go to that terminal block either - I'm not sure where those wires went originally.
I'm guessing the next step is to replace that connector on the power supply.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2018, 10:06:27 AM »
Double check your fuses, use a meter. Then power it on and wiggle the power supply plug and see if your display changes.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2018, 03:30:41 PM »
I did all that, three times. No change.  :no:

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »
I wonder if you could have a 5101 ram chip problem? Did you pull them off the ram board and inspect the sockets. Be next to the battery I have had green contacts inside those sockets. You did mention that you had a pin on the ribbon cable that’s questionable. I guess you try a new PS plug.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2018, 08:29:09 AM »
Ok I pulled the RAM board and cleaned the contacts. I also did a decent repair of the broken pin on the ribbon cable. It was an end wire so I just nipped it off from the connector, stripped the end and added solder to the bare wire. I plugged that into the socket and then plugged in the connector over that and ensured nothing was shorting. (I did find a new old stock 16 pin DIP ribbon cable on eBay for about $10. I don't see them anywhere else but I might post a WTB or contact Alan.)
There's no change. And I still have the "6" in the display. I don't thing that matters at this point anyway.
I think my next step is that p/s connector...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »
I think if you look on EBay, you will see that the ribbon cable, ps plug and battery are all from the same seller. If you bought them all at once you could save on shipping.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »
I have multiple issues I think here.
I just noticed that there's a blinking light in the reel #2 PC board. And there's what looks like a 1 watt resistor that's hot as hell.
So it seems there's another issue independent off whatever else is going on here.
Should I still start with replacing this P/S connector? I've PM'd Alan - he has all the parts I'd need but I would still like to troubleshoot this a little instead of just replacing everything.
This is getting frustrating when so many multiple issues keep popping up.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:20:29 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2018, 11:32:17 AM »
a blinking LED in the reel #2 PC board.
Should I still start with replacing this P/S connector.

Are you talking about the reel read board on reel 2?? Or some other board?  The plug is going to need to be replace at some time to fix that problem. The led’s on the reader do pulse when power is applied. At that point the resistor on the reel reader board does get hot if left powered on. I’d first work on the 6 code, new plug, if that doesn’t fix the problem, then it’s new ram chips if the voltages check good on the test loops.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal