New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S9000 5 Reel Only two Reels Spin  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Nashional

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Nashional New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S9000 5 Reel Only two Reels Spin
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:09:21 AM »
Background. I've had an S9000 with QuickHits for over a year. We got hit hard by Hurricane Michael and lost power for two weeks (machines are unplugged when not being played).

Last night, after turning on the two left switches and the machine begins its' startup process, only the right two reels spin. The left 3 do slightly move (like normal) when first applying power, they just don't spin after the light check routine. If I let it boot all the way up I get reel errors.

Where do I start troubleshooting this?

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S9000 5 Reel Only two Reels Spin
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »
I'm not an Alpha expert but mine will occasionally give me reel errors and I have had success by reseating the cable to the motherboard plug at the motherboard or by reseating the reels themselves.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
I couldn't figure out how to remove the reels and looked on YouTube for help. I see the screws, but not how to remove the cables on the front-top of each reel?

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 11:41:51 AM »
Try the plug at the motherboard first.
The whole reel assy comes out when you remove the screw. Work that tab by the screw easily and the whole reel will pivot out unplugging the reel assembly.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »
Switch one of the spinning reels with a non-spinning one, does the problem follow the reel or not?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 01:57:08 PM »
Got it. Reseated the three ribbon cables on the back plane. Didn't help with the issues.

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
Swapped 3 and 4 and the last two reels are still the only ones to spin. So, it's not the reels themselves it would seem.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
Reseat the reel controller board.  It is the board that is inside the tray that is right on top of the reels.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »
I was able to reseat the right tray, the the larger tray is locked and, of course, I don't have a key for that. Is that board in there?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 06:20:32 PM »
Yes, the big tray is the reel controller.  The smaller one is the sound amplifier.  It is usually the standard barrel key that works.

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 04:24:53 PM »
Finally found the key that works. Reseated that board (and the sound board) as well as both power supplies. Still, only the last two reels spin.

The others are energized (you can't easily spin them and they bounce when first applying power). This is strange. And I don't have another machine to swap parts with.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 05:53:16 PM »
That thing took a spike or your batteries or dead after reading all these posts. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 06:20:26 PM »
I would think the batteries would give him an nvram low bat error?   What happens if you boot the machine with the power to mpu off?  If it still only spins the last 2, I would open the middle door and see if nudging in the same direction as the ones spinning causes them to start spinning.  Maybe you have some sort of interference that is not letting the reels spin?  Since the problem follows the reel position and not the reel, I would also make sure the harness that goes from the reel bar on the top (where all the reel connect) to the reel backplane that is just behind the reels is not loose, I would pull and reseat it.  If it still has the issue, without parts to swap out, it's going to be very difficult to narrow it down.  At this point I would be  inclined to say that it is either your reel backplane, or the reel controller.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »
If you turn the jackpot key and go to Diagnostics/Game Diagnostics/Devices/Mechanical Reels/Calibrate, does that spin all of them?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 08:32:03 AM »
rickhunter, I tested all those options that I could and they still don't spin (all tests expect the first is with the MPU off). When I get a few minutes (still lots of storm cleanup), I'll try the diagnostics Yoeddy1.

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 09:15:29 AM »
Finally got a change to boot it up all the way. Went into diaganostics and selected REEL and calibration. The last two reels seem to be doing what they should. The other three don't spin at all. It seems like it would run forever if I let the test continue.

Any source for parts that I can test/swap?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »
Since swapping the reels followed the failed position of the reels and not the reel itself,  I would try a reel controller board first, if that doesn't fix it, then the reel backplane.  Those parts should be plentiful as people have parted a lot of these by now.  If you put a WTB in the classifieds, I'm sure you will get somebody that has one for sale.

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 09:21:21 AM »
It's been a while since I've been able to try to work on this. Part of my roof is still laying in the back yard from the hurricane, so I've had bigger issues to deal with...

So, I'd like to get this machine working. No amount of testing has pointed to a culprit. And I can't post in the classifieds. I donated but never got the badge and no matter how many times I asked or who I asked, I was ignored when I asked about it.

This is the reel control board I have. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.  :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 09:46:02 AM »

Offline Nashional

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 10:01:21 AM »
Ah, Thanks! Will do.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal