New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1091-44 with payout problems  (Read 3852 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
1091-44 with payout problems
« on: November 01, 2018, 07:00:36 AM »
with a little cleaning and lubing the machine is working pretty good except for payouts are not correct.  I'm pretty certain it is because the payout 100 tooth gear is real sluggish.  I have wind the spring 1 then a 2nd turn and it returns fasted but still slows down toward the end.  Is there any places that need to be lubricated??
thanks
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1091-44 with payout problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:05:52 AM »
Bob,  as with any payout problems make sure the fingers are returning to the same place every time. if not then the count up starts at a different place each time, usually one or two steps off, which equates to one or two coins.

as for the sluggish return, try putting some WD40 on your finger and putting it on the face of the traces where the fingers slide along as they count up. 

I have taken out the white plastic wheel part and cleaned and lubed that whole area, I use vasoline cream for the lubrication. not gobs of it, just a lite film coating.

pay attention or take pictures of how everything  is hooked up and assembled, just in case of a memory lapse  :duh:

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »
I lubed the 100 tooth gear and the red wheel (not sure what's its correct name).  It now spins freely and returns quickly.

playing on coin all payouts are correct except where it should be 5 (it pays out 4)

It paid out 19 for 3 cherries on line 1 (is that correct?

No payouts at all on 2nd or 3rd line

the counter on the right side in top box (pic 3) moves as you add coins. 

Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
Bob,  that's what I was referring to in my first post, when the wiper fingers are reset, they have to return to the same pad every time,  that's where the zero switch rubber bumper comes in play, if the teal colored piece sticks to the rubber bumper then it losses a count, if the rubber component is sticky and gummy then replace it with an pink eraser (you will have to fashion one out of the pink eraser) there are none of the oem available. you can exercise the counter out of the machine using  your finger to pulse the  count up coil  and then the reset coil, you will see how every thing is working.

as for the second and third coin, the counter pads look dirty, again use some WD40 on your finger, pulse the coils using your finger and put the WD 40 on all the pads and fingers , this will dislodge the dirt, clean it off and re lube it using WD40. this should solve the 2 and 3 coin issue.

three cherries should pay 20 coins, it probably due to the zero switch rubber bumper. 

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »
Thanks Jim,
I will clean the fingers in the top box as you suggested in the morning.

Isn't 19 the correct amount?

5 for cherries on 1 & 2
5 for cherries on 2 & 3
5 for cherries on 1 & 3
2 for cherries on 1
2 for cherries on 3

thanks
Bo

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »
without seeing the belly glass I was assuming that  all the pays were on each line as on the glass. the only thing that would multiply was the top award.   

hope someone else would chime in on this, that is how I see it, I could be wrong. 

Jim

Signature:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 07:13:45 AM »
Hi Bob,  You said 3 Cherries paid 19.. Have you setup any other similar pays like 3 oranges, plums or Bells? Those are all 20 pays as the Cherries. I think you need to adjust your zero stop bumper just a bit. You might want to check your spiral cam wiper fingers. Make sure those contacts are not bent. I attached a pic of a spiral cam and contacts that were bent on a machine I just finished repairing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:59:10 AM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 03:20:32 PM »
For the most part it is now paying off on line one and line 2, Line 3 will not pay with any combination that uses reel 1, does pay off on combinations on reel 2 & 3.
Another problem jumped up too, now as soon as i plug hopper in the diverter below coin in switch opens.  Any ideas what this could be?

Still having problems with some payouts (wrong amount but I think I need to get the diverter problem straightened out first.

thanks for all the help!

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »
Check the adjustment on the cherry switch located on the hopper. That should be a Wired for normally open. That switch closes once the amount of coins / weight is reached. At that point the coins are diverted down to a shoot to a bucket located in the stand. This will happen until the amount of coins is reduced, then opening the switch to allow the diverted to close again. If your cherry switch is wired correct and the switch is open, I would test it with a meter to see if it working correctly.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »
Is this a 3 coin single line game of a 3 coin 3 line game? From what I see on the payoff glass it looks like a 3 coin game.. I see it pays left to right and right to left.. With that information I believe it a single line payout. I’ve never seen a 3 line game that pays in both directions. Can you post a pic of the reel glass or of the whole machine.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
yes it is a 3 coin 3 pay line
thanks

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 08:26:17 PM »
Ok that’s a first for me. If your third line is not paying off anything, then there has to be a relay that controls that third wires winnings. It should be in the feature unit. Have you checked your reels wipers for good contact to the reels wiper boards?
And remember...

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 12:18:38 AM »
On some of the later 1091s there MAY BE diode boards on the reel mech - each reel would have one and a diode may be bad.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 02:31:56 AM »
So this is a 1091... So some of these had those diode boards like I have in my 955 lowboy. Good to know.

Thanks GOS.

Hey if your looking for a reel glass, Scott Bennett may have one. I can put you in contact with him if interested.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »
Ok that’s a first for me. If your third line is not paying off anything, then there has to be a relay that controls that third wires winnings. It should be in the feature unit. Have you checked your reels wipers for good contact to the reels wiper boards?

the third line does pay for combinations that do not include reel 1.  example:  cherry on one does not pay, cherries on 3 do pay, cherries on 2 and 3 pay

Gary, good call on the switch on the hopper, adjusted it and now diverter stays in, thanks

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 05:37:32 AM »
pictures of reel mech.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 06:27:15 AM »
On some of the later 1091s there MAY BE diode boards on the reel mech - each reel would have one and a diode may be bad.

it appears it does have diode boards.  anyway to test them?  Looks like each one is different.  Can I move 1 to 3 and check it that way?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 10:31:02 AM »
I see you found the diode boards. I have a couple pics to post for others. If you have a multi meter they usually have a diode test function. When checking the diode, you should see resistance in one direction when checking the diode and nothing in the other.  I do not think they can be swapped the diode boards from reel to reel. Next check your reel wipers adjustment on the first reel to wiper board. It looks to be off a bit. I like to use a scotch bright pad to clean the wiper board contacts. Put your first reel on a Cherry symbol to start and adjust your wiper. Then check where it lands on the other symbols.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 11:46:56 AM »
Gary,
I thought since the reel 1 made all the payouts on line 1 and 2 that the wipers would be ok? 
Thanks for the pics and info on checking the diode.  I'm a bit challenged on electrical circuits.
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 06:23:52 AM »
I checked all the diodes on reel 1 board and they all did check out good as you described.  I've cleaned all the pins on the reel mech connectors.

Thanks
Bob

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal