New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Printer comm error  (Read 3990 times)

Offline topgun911

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • topgun911 New User barely matters.topgun911 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Printer comm error
« on: February 03, 2019, 01:35:46 PM »
looking for some help and thanks in advance!!
I am getting a printer comm error on my bb2
Everything has been working fine for couple years now.
I have a Tito installed as it’s been working fine .
I did a ram clear and installed software back but still get printer comm error and says call attendant
I pulled printer out and pushed back in but I don’t hear the printer make any noises like it used to
I have a green led ready light and am amber paper light on printer
Appreciate the help
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:47:49 PM by topgun911 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Printer comm error
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »
Is the paper properly inserted into the printer?   Do you have another printer you could test?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
Thanks again rick for the help much appreciated!
I do not have another printer
And I pulled the paper out and tried to refeed but when I push feed button it does nothing
It’s an ithaca epic 950 - netplex if that helps any

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 02:10:26 PM »
Has that printer always worked?  You are not supposed to push the feed button, when you put the paper into the slot, it is supposed to pull it in.  If it does not auto feed the paper as you insert it into the slot, there might be something wrong with your printer.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 02:21:18 PM »
Yes printer has worked fine for years now
And ok on feeding paper
I guess I will need to buy another printer
Could you tell me who to contact for one please ?

I guess I will load game with no printer so it can be played for now
And thanks again

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 02:53:09 PM »
There are various vendors here that can supply one for you, make sure you are told it is known to be working.

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 09:35:59 PM »
Guess I still need some help if possible
I did get 2 used wms bb2 Ithaca 950 printers from (fireball jackpot)and he gave me a great deal much appreciated but,still the exact same issue ( printer comm error) I tried both printers and also the trays they came in that has the ribbon connector in it (thought maybe that was bad ) the printer makes no beeps like it used to every time I would turn slot on,i get a green and an amber light on printer but it will not take paper in either,there is some type of connector after the connector on back of tray that is like wrapped in a black heat shrink with some kinda board in there and then another connector coming out of it then wires plug into back pane(not sure if it has anything to do with that ?)

Appreciate any help

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 11:28:16 PM »
Just for testing, do you have another OS/game that you can load up?  I had an Ithaca a while back that worked fine with most games, but intermittently with others depending on the operating system/game combo being used.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 08:10:22 AM »
Thanks for the help
But yes I’ve tried a couple different games with other os cards
Still same printer comm error
Can it maybe be the Tito device ?
I will try to load software totally without Tito and see what happens

Offline barzacam

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • barzacam New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
Are you using SAS? you can see the error exception

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
If you are using tito did you set the validation as "system"?

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 09:58:36 AM »
appreciate all the help,
 this has been working fine with all my different software and games and tito that i have been swapping out  for at least a year now,
but now i get (printer comm error) tried new printer and tray but no help.
i can still play all games as long as i disable printer.
just weird ,the one thing i notice is that i dont hear the printer make any beeps as when i turn on slot like i used to everytime

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:49:29 AM »
From there, I’d start questioning the printer cable, motherboard, or MPU.  Did you try reseating the MPU?  Got another one to swap?  Is the TITO plugged into the MPU or is it getting power from another source?  If into the MPU, take it out and power it externally.   

Also, did you try holding down the reset button on the TITO device to reset it?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »
After you cleared, what printer did you select on the setup screen?  Did you pick netplex printer?

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 03:09:35 PM »
Thanks again to all for the help! Kinda new to this hobby apologize for that but learning more every day .
Really not sure what or where the mother board is and same with the mpu or how to reseat it,
The printer cable I have kinda traced all the way,inspected and reseated connectors to back pane,printer and the two that plug into that small board ,I actually inspected that also but did not see any issues or discoloring,
  The Tito has its own power source and yes on netplex,also disconnected Tito completely Cleared and set up with printer but still (printer com error)
If I disable printer I can play any games I have

Can someone explain how to reseat mpu and what it exactly is ,maybe that’s it(but would everything else still work ,cause when I disable printer In set up It all works )

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 06:23:54 AM »
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Jim

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 12:45:54 PM »
just putting this out there for good reference my issues have been fixed.
if you read above my printer stopped working and on display said (printer com error) i tried multiple printers and other ideas but same issues.
so i set up with printer disabled then my bb2 totally quit working when in play.
changed power supply i got from patriot gaming and it solved all issues,original printer working fine

thanks all for the help and glad power supply totally failed or i wouldnt have figured it out

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 10:06:10 PM »
I wish I would have seen this....I had this same problem and solved it.
In my case, slightly different, I swapped power supplies and still had the same problem.
I discovered I had a broken single orange wire that ran from the printer harness back to the power supply.
How did I find out?
I pulled the 6-pin Molex with that single orange wire off on a working machine and the amber "Paper" LED came on!

What happened is you weren't getting 6vdc/12vac ( I'm not sure which as I need to look at a PS schematics to be sure) on the 2 row 6-pin Molex connector on the orange wire coming from the power supply's P4 main  connector harness....that helps the MPU "see" your Ithaca printer paper status so you don't get that "Printer Comm" error.

A bad voltage from the PS on that orange wire would have lit up an amber [Paper] LED on the Ithaca 950.
That LED is right under the [Ready] green LED on the printer.
When you installed the new PS, I'm sure all you have now is the green [Ready} LED and all is well.

In Reply #13, Rick asked you if you were using the [Netplex] setting for your printer.
Is that what you eventually chose?
Because on my BB2, I don't have the [Ithaca 950] option...only the [Ithaca 750] and [Ithaca 850] options...I chose the [Netplex] option.

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline topgun911

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 05:56:30 AM »
Yes I always choose netplex ,never tried anything else

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal