New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Desperately need help getting Wonka topper to work  (Read 552 times)

Offline Dbruzon

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dbruzon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Desperately need help getting Wonka topper to work
« on: May 20, 2019, 01:36:42 PM »
I got this Willy Wonka topper as a gift to my sister once she comes home from the hospital next week from chemo. This is her absolute favorite movie and spent a pretty penny on it. I’d LOVE to get it working with all the lights to be displayed when she gets home but have NO CLUE about how to get this working or machines. Can anyone here help me out and tell me what would I need to buy or do to get all this working ? I have one electric box that lights up 2 of the lollipops. The big Willy Wonka lollipop doesn’t light up at all but the guy said I need a bigger outlet for it then the smaller ones. And the blue lollipop definitely has a few bulbs not working. At least if I can get the sign and wheel working would be sufficient even. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks !
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:13:39 PM by Dbruzon »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Desperately need help getting Wonka topper to work
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
A lot of these toppers require a controller and signaling from the slot's cpu to make some of the lights go.  The 24 pin molex plug has some wires on it that supply voltage.  Most toppers only use the 12 volt line, but since the Wonka topper has all kinds of other things, it may require more. The schematics I have only have a 20 pin connector, so I think your wonka topper connects to some specialized topbox circuit that controls the lights.

There's a listing on e-bay right now of a guy selling the part of the topper with Gene on it that has a small power supply fitted with a molex plug to fit the topper, so I'm guessing 5 or 12 go to that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willy-Wonka-The-Chocolate-Factory-Gene-Wilder-Slot-Machine-Topper-Collectible/163674923344?hash=item261bc92150:g:O~EAAOSwGqxbFsWN&frcectupt=true

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:16:09 PM by rickhunter »
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:40:46 PM »
All of the lollipops and the one with Gene are static and 12v I believe. The one with the "Wonka" text and the wheel are both game driven. The Wonka text one needs the controller in order to change colors (see in pic) and the wheel doesn't do anything on ours until it is seen by the controller on boot up. I'm not sure if it can be wired to work static or not.
Like in the link Rick posted, you should be able to use a power adapter for the 1 and wire it and the lollipops together.

Offline buzzarama

• Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 11:47:33 PM »
As you can see in this pic, the outer ring of the wheel changes color once in game as well as the Wonka. If you can't figure them out and you are just using them as decor, you can always open them up and put your own led strips in them.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal