New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma sg-50b Stuck on B_ACCEPTING  (Read 1305 times)

Offline wjpelka

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • wjpelka New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma sg-50b Stuck on B_ACCEPTING
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:09:38 PM »
Greetings all,

Sigma SG-50B with a JCM DBV and it sucks in the dollar and will only spit it back out if you cycle the power, OFF-ON. It does go into B Accepting. I know that the eproms are too old to accept any of the newer bills, so I only use a single as my test bill. The dip switches are set to OFF for all except #8 which is on.  That is what is listed in the Sigma SG-50 and SG-30 Manual. The top of the DBV Head says DBV-45-SG and the bottom says DBV-45-SH and ID-011 V 2.05.

I am also having problems with the coin system. 80% are accepted as good, but 20% get rejected and I have to reset the system with the key. I am suspecting the upper coin detector optics with the letter N. I tried to swap it with the lower one but get an error. I suspect that the internal electronics is different. Once I put it back, the error cleared. I have a quarter in the coin comparator and have the sensitivity as loose as I can get it.

Any ideas would be appreciated...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:52:26 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
Re: Sigma sg-50b Stuck on B_ACCEPTING
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 05:28:32 AM »
I got the coin problem fixed. I set the sensitivity pot to a center position and it takes all the coins. I had the pot set to minimum sensitivity and thought it would accept any coin, but got about 80% thru. Now, it takes them all. As far as paper money, I ordered 4 heads and will install them today. I'm hoping that will fix the bill handling problem. I will be happy with it only accepting old bills and might have to look for some old "20's" on E-Bay. I can then add $20 worth of $.25 in 1 shot rather than running the $1 thru the machine 20 times...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:52:50 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 05:04:07 AM »
Found out a lot more about JCM DBV's. I had a BAD HEAD on my DBV-45. Bought some other heads and tried them. I did not realize that different manufacturers use different protocols. Sigma uses ID 011. I found a transport system and a DBV-145 with the ID-011. It had a different housing unit that held the electronics but I swapped out the guts. It even had a newer Program on the Eprom. Installed it and its up and running. I get 20 credits out of a dollar. On my $.25 machine that like sticking in a $5. The Sigma SG-50B has, as part of its programming, the ability to add paper money thru the DBV ONLY when the credits are 99 or less. So to get max credits into the machine, it's $1,$1,$1,$1 to get me to 80, then $5. That gets me to 180 credits. I'd like to find an old $50 or $20, but I don't want to pay collector prices... Might have to... Probably try a Bank or Credit Union to see if they have any old bill's. Most have have to be older than 2004...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:53:03 PM by shortrackskater »

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 08:47:12 AM »
Found out a lot more about JCM DBV's. I had a BAD HEAD on my DBV-45. Bought some other heads and tried them. I did not realize that different manufacturers use different protocols. Sigma uses ID 011. I found a transport system and a DBV-145 with the ID-011. It had a different housing unit that held the electronics but I swapped out the guts. It even had a newer Program on the Eprom. Installed it and its up and running. I get 20 credits out of a dollar. On my $.25 machine that like sticking in a $5. The Sigma SG-50B has, as part of its programming, the ability to add paper money thru the DBV ONLY when the credits are 99 or less. So to get max credits into the machine, it's $1,$1,$1,$1 to get me to 80, then $5. That gets me to 180 credits. I'd like to find an old $50 or $20, but I don't want to pay collector prices... Might have to... Probably try a Bank or Credit Union to see if they have any old bill's. Most have have to be older than 2004...

Get a DBV200. You might have to change out the power supply but at least the 200 will accept $1's and current $20's. It's a lot easier than driving around to banks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:53:17 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 03:20:50 PM »
My DBV-145 is working fine and from what I can see on the Software/Version Info, I won't be any further ahead by getting the DBV-200 over the DBV-145 that I currently have. Questions I have about the Protocol is, is that part of the chips on the Printed Circuit Board or is it in the program that is burned into the Eprom (or downloaded into the fixed chip)? It would be nice to just have to change the chip and be up and running. I might have to tear into some DBV-145's that I have that are set for ID044. It is a shame that Sigma set the max allowable credits that allow the DBV to accept paper money. Being set at 99 credits, it has limits that I wish could be worked around. They did have jumpers for the denomination that allow you to set it up for quarters and then set the Dip switches 8,9, and 10 to off to force it into thinking it's a nickle machine and you get 20 credits for a dollar. If they had a penny position that would have been great for home use... At least less work to add more credits...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:53:33 PM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal