New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Paying when it shouldn't with Bell problem  (Read 2775 times)

Offline ncrguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ncrguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Paying when it shouldn't with Bell problem
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2019, 12:03:29 PM »
made the cut, took the tape off, cleaned the contacts, put it back on...

pays are good, no bell at all even with 3x7's

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »
That’s called a no-bell prize...
It’ll take some more work to figure out the bell
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2019, 12:43:34 PM »
Thanks OldReno

The pay problem is gone which is a great relief.
As a repair tech myself I know how it goes trying to figure out a problem, unfortunately my work is on ATMs.

Should you come up with any ideas I'll be willing to try.

I putting together the door, I took it all apart to clean and try to get rid of the rust and calcium from it. Debating if it's worth it to get it rechromed or not, it's pitted; might save my money for new glass. Is there a site where I can get decals?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »
which decals do you need?  have bags of them,

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2019, 01:47:06 PM »
which decals do you need?  have bags of them,

Jim

Looking around the internet, I did manage to find this machine...

However my machine the belly glass was replaced (1 of 3 gone)

as you can see the reel glass is UGLY and that's putting it nice (2 of 3 gone)

the top glass isn't going to last much longer and when its touched it just flakes off

so I'm thinking I will just make 3 new glass pieces as I doubt i'd be able to find the 3 I need, and if I did i'm sure i'd pay an arm and leg so my thought was seeing if I can make my own using the 8 symbols. i was thinking decals or better yet the clip art of the 8 symbols if they are out there on the internet.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2019, 02:18:52 PM »
You can stabilize the top glass by spraying the back side with a glass frosting. You can find it at any hardware store where thy sell spray paints. I know a person who has glass. They run $45-50 and up plus shipping. You could spend up words of $200 + for three pieces of glass.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2019, 08:00:20 PM »

pays are good, no bell at all even with 3x7's

quick answer, check the payout relay to see if a switch has a yellow wire on the center blade that contacts a green/white wire on the blade it touches when the relay is powered.  Make sure that connection is good.

if that's no help or you want to know why ....

referring to your pictures in post 25 of the wiring side of the reel wiper contact plates, the bell circuits are the two bottom-most wired arcs of rivets  on each plate.

for each plate, determine the wire color on the edge lug for each arc.  e.g. contact plate 1 has yellow and red wires on the rivets.  One of those almost certainly connects to a red wire on the edge lug.  That would be wire 10-2 and heads off to the bell.  The other wired rivet arc goes to another reel.

if you determine all six wire colors, it should be clear how the daisy chain thru the reels connects the circuit.  One end of the chain is wire 10-2. You want to see if the other end of the chain is a green/white wire.  If it is, that's wire 45.

stick an ohmeter on wire 45, the other on wire 10-2 and position the reels for a win that should ring the bell.  If you have nearly zero ohms, the reels are fine and the problem is how wire 45 connects to wire 30.  On some games, it's a direct connection thru a payout relay switch.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 10:06:29 PM »
Used Triple Thick clear glaze on slot machine and pinball back glass no problems.
I did add masking tape to the areas where there were no graphics, in order to keep reels crystal clear.

Note it’s good to test a small area before spraying the whole glass.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2019, 10:18:19 PM »
Re:bell

Have a 1088 machine that has 2 green / white wires.
I connected the second of the two and now the bell rings on every payout.
First chance I will be disconnecting the second wire as it’s annoying.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal