New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MK6 ROM set configurations. AVL Media Checksum Error  (Read 1232 times)

Offline bogan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bogan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MK6 ROM set configurations. AVL Media Checksum Error
« on: December 22, 2019, 04:21:39 AM »

I am used to set of game roms coupled to set of system roms here in Aus. I have a ssytem set 01-04-11 with a couple of games but get the AVL media checksum error. The last game I tried is 0251312 (diamond eyes) but still get the same error.

I found ths doc here http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=26977.0 that suggests you need a set chip, but I have never heard of that.

I would be more than grateful if someone could take a pic of a working SAS game roms so I can see all the labels and numbers.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 02:02:03 PM by bogan »

Offline bogan

• NLG
Re: MK6 ROM set configurations. AVL Media Checksum Error
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 06:17:21 AM »
I tried the set chips, but still get the AVL media checksum error when the set chip is removoed.

I am guessing the system set is not right for the game

Offline pokie3

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pokie3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
Hello, systems never have CRC errors if it's incomparable, (will have some other error cant remember now) your system version is pretty much the latest anyway.

Are you using a System Riser board? or the system chips directly on the board? Also, old boards (non XP) max out at 4 game eproms unless you use the really large riser board.

A CRC error is going to be; Eproms not erased for long enough or faulty, Eproms not in correct position swapped around, bad dump, large games running on older board (non xp) and or not using riser board, main board has issues (they can get a fault as the boards warp a bit and have internal issues, you can sometimes gently bend the board up and it might boot play for a bit until that too fails, but if other games work then its not that).

Offline bogan

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »
Got the exact same chips and set up as in that doco now, still no joy. At least the game boots now. Board is an XP, and it works ok with other games.

Now I am unable to ram clear the machine once its set up using the set chips. Clearly got some config wrong, although I have done exactly what was said in that doco. Its could be possible that there is some difference between the aussie and us cabinets and/or logic boards.

I dont envy the gaming techs that have to work with these setups thats for sure.

Offline pokie3

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pokie3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 03:46:02 AM »
The AVL Checksum error (CRC error) still means there is a problem with the game eproms. (nothing to do with system or setchips btw) -  But, if say you got the game booting now that's good what did you do differently?

If the game boots to graphics and won't let you clear the sram it means it's not happy with the setup from the Set Chips.. this is probably the most annoying part as you must choose the correct bet/line options and set chip version (you can see this in the game menu, will say what it expects) However, you can use the latest set chips, they are backward compatable, but you need to choose the correct version. The other thing is you might have something like gamble enabled and the game might not support it..  Just 1 thing wrong and it won't let you play, so you have to go back to the Set Chips and start again. Sometimes you need to put in another game that you know works to fully clear things, then start all over again (rare but can happen).

The actual MK6 boards are all universal so it's not that. The backplane/io boards are different but the system works that out. An aussie machine with meters will run USA games defiantly fine.

Offline bogan

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 06:34:07 PM »
I am guessing configuration is the issue. Everything works but I dont get the option to do a ram clear once booted up and in the audit menu. I tried changing to a few different jurisdictions without success.

I dont suppose there is any info available on this?

I might try another game and see if that works

These are the errors:

Offline bogan

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 09:56:36 PM »
Ok, I got it working with another game, but I think the last game would have been fine also.

So the main problem was the fact that I needed to set the machine options first, that is I needed to set serial number and poll address. This is slightly different to what was in the doc I linked to earlier. Possible that this also stems from the fact this was running an Aussie game previously.

Currently AFT/EFT and bonusing are disabled. I am too scared to touch anything now! I need those options running, but alas its Christmas eve here now, and I need to go get some other stuff done!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal