New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1090 payout problems please help  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Lee Pfeifer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1090 payout problems please help
« on: January 02, 2020, 12:58:08 PM »
Everything pays right except the third row for the third coin multiplier.
I’ve worked for hours and hours and hours and I’m stumped, please help
https://youtu.be/3_UJbVO1dqU

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
Re: 1090 payout problems please help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:57:51 PM »
1090 payout problems part 2

https://youtu.be/93e5v3FUf2U

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 05:49:02 PM »
Have you removed the top payout feature glass to expose the other group of relays a odds units? There should be a step up unit that might need to be cleaned..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »
That’s what I think too , I’ll go clean it right now .
Thank you for the quick response.
I’ll go clean it and report back

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 06:31:15 PM »
I cleaned the stepper unit real good , it’s still over paying on the third coin multiplier, first coin pays perfect and second coin pays perfect add the third coin and it over pays .

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
Can you post some pictures of your top box setup. Would like to see what’s all in your game.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 07:41:08 PM »
Here the upper unit

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 08:43:37 PM »
I cleaned the stepper unit real good , it’s still over paying on the third coin multiplier, first coin pays perfect and second coin pays perfect add the third coin and it over pays .

your main problem is most likely the switch on the X3 unit.  It's in the top compartment  on the left side.  See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIfZ0MGp7XM

at around 4:00 the video is showing the units and he's describing them.

look for a switch with yellow/brown and red/green wires on it operated by the X3 unit.  Make sure that switch is clean and adjusted.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
Ok I never knew how those reels worked , now I sorta get it the one on the right counts payouts for coin one and coin two and it’s accurate , the reel on the left handles the third coin but it doesn’t know how to count ( yet ) .
Also on my set up there are no switches on the back of those two number reels , I’ve cleaned it I’ve cleaned the contacts , I have no idea why it’s overpaying .

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 10:54:58 AM »
New discovery! Please watch this video and help me figure this out

https://youtu.be/r_8BmIxp8-U

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
Do those X Units move/advance? Try pushing the plunger to see if they turn. There are some very small contacts on a wiper board. The wiper board could be dirty or have a contact that not making a good connection. Your in the right area now. You might just have to remove and disassemble them to clean and inspect everything. You have a couple small plastic latches and spring and a couple small e-clips holding everything together. 
And remember...

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 01:17:58 PM »
They do advance,  the third coin multiplier wheel will occasionally pay correctly on a single cherry if the wheel starts off in a certain spot like I explained in the video above , I cleaned the contacts and the wiper board as best I could with q-tips , alcohol and I cleaned the contacts themselves with a narrow piece of cardboard that I cut from the back of a legal pad , I was hoping that that cleaning would show some improvement, but no such luck .

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 02:52:33 PM »
Where do those wheels get their signal from ??? I’m lost ......

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »
1090 payout problems part four

I’ve been working on this for two days , steadily observing , pulling the handle and counting coins .

https://youtu.be/cZNV-tnhlKc

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 04:44:44 PM »
In the picture you can see where I’ve written to show how much it’s paying over , it’s real consistent.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »
Lee, is it possible one of the teeth on the wheel is broken. Did you check?

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 05:36:13 PM »
Not that I see

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 05:49:44 PM »
that is a pretty standard bally pinball score reel mechanism.  Look on youtube for "bally score reels" and pick a video that shows how to take one apart.

notice your X2 unit has numbers on the plastic wheel ... that's because it literally IS a standard pinball score reel - it has numbers 0-9, so ten steps and you are back to the same number.   

your X3 unit wheel does not have numbers because there's two more teeth on the ratcheting mechanism ... 12 steps and you are back to the same place.  There's no pinball machine that needed to use a 12 position reel, so they didn't have a warehouse full of those pieces with numbers already printed on them.

you really need to disassemble the X3 unit so you can clean off the printed circuit board and the wiper fingers.  Use a non-abrasive scrub pad and alcohol.  It's possible the trace has a burn-thru ... if so take a picture of the board so the trace pattern and part number is visible

what may not be obvious from the videos is how the reel is mounted into the game.  It's probably easiest to pull the entire top unit out of the machine, then you're be able to see how the unit frame is clipped onto a mounting bracket and you release it by pushing down a lever arm near the coil - assuming they mounted it the same way as the pinball machines do.

more tmi below
------------------

what's happening with the X3 unit:
- every coin ejected steps the wheel around
- at every third step the unit wipers on the printed circuit traces connect the circuit to the payout counter, so that steps also.

so three coins out = three steps of X3 unit = 1 step of payout counter to create a 3x payout multiplication.

the X2 unit works the same way but connects the payout counter every two steps ... hence a standard pinball score reel works because it has an even number of steps.

in your case, the connection to the payout counter is not working at one or more of the four places it's supposed to.  At that position the three coins ejected don't step the payout counter and you'll get an overpay because those three coins effectively weren't counted.  How much of an overpay depends on how many times the X3 unit goes around and what position it started at. 

the key thing is the overpay will be a multiple of 3 assuming the X3 unit starts at a normal position.  If for some reason the X3 unit starts at one of the eight "not normal" positions, your total pay will not be a multiple of 3  because the payout counter will step 1 or 2 coins too soon the first time.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 10:39:41 AM by wolftalk »

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 06:18:59 PM »
Thank you , I will study tonight on how to dissemble , and I will take it completely apart in the morning, and take some pics , thank you WolfTalk!

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »
I took the X3 reel completely apart , I also cleaned it , there is no change in the way it plays , still overpaying . There are several burn marks .

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal