New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: new member introducing herself  (Read 596 times)

Offline cait001

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cait001 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • so I bought a pinball machine
new member introducing herself
« on: February 26, 2020, 07:22:12 PM »
Hi everyone, just joined your board and wanted to say hello.  I'm also cait001 on other boards you might haunt, like pennymachines, pachitalk, pinside, maaca, etc

I am here with two main goals:  I'm trying to find a Bally Continental Bingo slot to buy, and also I am hoping to meet collectors with cool collections they want to show off.

I am rather new to slot machines.  I got into coinop through pinball (my first love) and my research has taken me on a trip through coinop around the world, and learning about the 100+ years of mechanical and electromechanical gambling in numerous countries.  (I'm only interested in the first 100 years of gambling machines, most solid-state machines don't interest me outside of pinball.  I love early slots and trade stims)
I love contrasting the history of coinop through Europe vs Japan vs USA, noting the inspiration taken, ideas stolen, and innovations spawned.  And yeah the majority of all the industries is based on the fundamentals of gambling.

here are some older photos of my gameroom.  A bunch has shifted or been added since: http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2019/05/gameroom-update.html

Anyways, so I love 1950s American bingo machines, and recently heard about the 1970s Bally Continental Bingo slot machine.  I never thought I would own a one-armed bandit before, but now I really want one of these.  Does anyone have one they might consider selling eventually?  Willing to ship.

I'm also here to ask around if anyone has cool niche collections they might want to show of?
I'm doing a series called Niche Collections where I profile different areas of coinop people collect.  Here are my first three in the series:

Niche Collection 001: Scottie's Allwins  http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2020/02/niche-collections-scotties-allwins.html
Niche Collection 002: pindude152's bingos  http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2020/02/niche-collections-pindude152s-bingos.html
Niche Collection 003: Craig's one-ball horse race pinballs  http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2020/02/niche-collections-craigs-one-ball-horse.html

I hope you enjoy those posts, there's some lovely bits of gambling history contained within.

Do you have, or know someone, with a cool niche collection we could feature?  Like maybe you collect a specific decade or two, or have amassed a collection of machines with a specific feature, or have collected machines out of certain regions, or follow certain other threads in your collecting?
I would love to hear from you at thetastates@gmail.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: new member introducing herself
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Welcome and thanks for the information on your collections.
We do have a few members including myself, discussing mechanical machines,  under Reel Slots, then "Other Reel Games." From there you can scroll and look for some of the mechanical slots and information/photos that have been posted.
I think your best bet on finding a machine would be to look in the New York area. I'm not sure of the ownership laws in Canada though, so you need to check. Shipping costs are horrendous for any Electro Mechanical slot machine as they are quite heavy. You'd be better off just taking a trip to the USA, with a truck or SUV!
I'm on another forum that's mostly mechanical slot machines, called "CoinOpCollectorForum.com" - check that out too. I'm there with the same user name of "shortrackskater."
Again welcome to the forum. Poke around the Bally Electromechanical section and you see a glut of information.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal