New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Keeps repeatedly saying ;Display passes self-test; but wont boot up ?  (Read 6412 times)

Offline octoolguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • octoolguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
there are 8 switches on the right side of the WBA , all should be in the up position, to test the unit, pull out the cash can, put switches 1-2-3 and 8 down,  put in the machine, apply power,  reach in and push switch 8 up, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert a bill into the unit, normally it should pull it into the unit and run it through and deposit it where the cash can would have been.  you can use this method to determine what software you have in the unit by the type bills it will accept. 

if it doesn't do this then you either have a bad head or a bad transport unit.   

restore all switches to the up position.

I have tested WBA transports available if you need one. ID024, version 3.8 for IGT, will take all the latest money.

Jim

Jim, I have messed with this thing most of the day and I think I have a bad sensing unit. The transport mechanism seems to work ok but it will just not accept the bills on a regular basis. I had 2 tens, 3 fives and 7 ones. It took almost all of the ones, two of the fives but none of the tens. Granted they were the newer style that are that rusty brown color. I didn't have any other cash at home. The sensing eyes, at least that's what I think are the sensing eyes are round and seem to have cloudy "worn" spots on all of them. I managed to clean all the crud off the wheels but the lenses won't clean up or shine. They just stay opaque. So, with all that said, I think the sensing unit may be bad. What should I have to pay for a new one? Also, I have looked very closely and I don't see anything there that should light up the insert bezel. I don't know what to look for but to me, it seems to be missing. Can you maybe post a picture of what one looks like? I tried to find pics but no luck. Thanks for you help.

Ray

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Look on the inside of the door just above the slot the bills slide thru for the BV bulbs/wires/sockets.

Offline octoolguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • octoolguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Thanks so much. Being the newbie/novice that I am, I was looking for it to be somewhere on the BV. I never thought to look on the door. I found it and pulled both bulbs out for inspection. They both "appear" to be good. I'll have to try to trace the wiring to see if something has come unplugged. Do those PCB's go bad often? I found some on eBay so I know they are available but I don't see buying one until I verify that mine is bad. Thanks again for your help. I truly appreciate it.

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal